2000 Nissan Xterra Consumer Reviews 7

2000 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:
Going on 4 years...
By chowe on 05/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Xterra XE V6 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought the 2000 XE V6 4WD and I am impressed with the reliablity and ride after +60K miles. Sure, Gas Mileage could be better, but what are you going to do. My X has capably handled several snowy winters in the last few years and annual trips out on the beach in North Carolina. It has "passable" comfort for long trips, but it certainly isn't a Benz...Then again, there are no SLK's pulling up to the surf on the beach! I've had a couple of little rattles and squeeks, but overall, I am pretty impressed.

Just OK...
By bdoleusa on 04/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Nissan Xterra SE 4dr SUV

Good buy for what you get. When they mean "no frills," this is exactly what you get. No luxury appointments, but I wasn't going for that. Needed something to haul two large dogs, but didn't cost a bunch. I won't buy another one of these, as the ride feels as if you are on a buckboard wagon - could have had a better suspension installed.

Best SUV for the Money!
By Russ K on 03/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Xterra XE V6 4dr SUV 4WD

I have owned my Nissan Xterra for three years now and have loved every minute of it! I have owned two Toyotas before and probably will not go back anytime soon.

Bad paint job and rattles
By Honukele on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Xterra SE 4dr SUV 4WD

The Xterra is perfect for our one-baby, two-dog, surf-board, and kayak carrying lifestyle. Even towed out a stuck Cherokee once. (4WD, no less!) The paint job (white) was really bad. Warranty work was done to repair serious rust below the radiator. Also look for rust spots wherever there is s spot weld. Also, there is a mysterious rattle on the front passenger side that the dealer was unable to fix. Overall, we like the vehicle, however, I recommend hunkering down and taking a close look under the grill at the paint below the radiator and in other hidden areas for signs of rust.

This is the best car ever!
By Lindsey on 02/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Xterra XE V6 4dr SUV

This car is one of the best cars I have owned in a long time! When this car gets old (which shouldn't be soon), I will just get another Xterra. They are great dependable cars and very reliable for any needs. I would recommend them.

Turn off the lights
By Phenobarb on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Xterra SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I have really enjoyed my Xterra with a few exceptions. Am I the only one who leaves the lights on an repeatedly drains the battery. I would expect the lights to go off automatically to prevent this. The fact it doesn't happen is a huge design flaw in my opinion. I have been stuck on numerous occassions because I forgot to turn my lights off. And the battery loses its juice quickly--in 1-2 hours. My front tires are always dirty. I was told it is dust from the brakes. Who knows. I find the Xterra to be comfortable and don't understand other criticism on this point.

A Real SUV, not a Soccer Mom Mobile!
By Ardie86 on 12/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Xterra XE V6 4dr SUV

Now this is an SUV! From the first day I saw the XTerra, I knew that was the SUV I wanted and could easily afford. The truck's been great. I live in the mountains and the XTerra's made my life so much easier. Mudslide? What mudslide? Snow? No problem. Could use a bit more power to climb the hills, but turning off the overdrive gives continued power and saves the brakes on the downhill. I also make 500-mile road trips to see family and we always choose to take the X. Smooth ride. Plenty of space for people and cargo. Mileage isn't bad on highway. Friends love it. Think it looks cool. Two have gone on to purchased an XTerra.

Xstatic
By SPJ on 12/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Xterra XE V6 4dr SUV

Recently took my Xterra out to Death Valley and it performed great! Took it on an 86 mi. washboard dirt road over a mountain range and it performed like a winner! Plenty of power and torque at lower speeds and for towing. My Xterra has proven very reliable and I like its rugged good looks. Gas mileage could use a little boost as I am only averaging about 17 - 18MPG. I would consider buying another, but I think this one's going to be around for a while.

Nissan Xterra
By longboard1998 on 11/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Xterra XE V6 4dr SUV

I have had nothing but good luck, I bought this vehicle as a third car and I am very happy overall.

What Bang for the Buck!
By redshift on 11/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Nissan Xterra SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I've owned my Xterra for 3 years now and what an all-around no nonsense performer. I live in the mountains of Colorado and have had it sideways at angles that make you think you're sitting in the passenger's lap. Been over snowy passes, muddy back-roads, even bumped a guard rail at a pretty good clip on a slick, icy road, and it just knocked it out of alignment a bit. I've had kayaks, canoes, skis, boards and other misc. on top of it and I've been nearly ocean to ocean in it. If you take care of it, it'll take care of you!