Used 2000 Nissan Xterra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Nissan Xterra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Xterra model:

Thought I had a great SUV
By mck111

2000 Nissan Xterra XE V6 4dr SUV 4WD

Until I hit 100K on the odometer I thought I owned the best SUV available for the price. Snapped a timing belt at 100,300. Nissan has given me no releif, owners manual calls for replacement of belt at 105K. Replaced engine with a 30k used engine. Both engines had cracks in exhaust manifold. A lemon of an engine. Some engine parts a clearly sub-standard

Stadium seating in rear.

Find a better engine.

Former Jeep Guy
By tiger2312

2000 Nissan Xterra XE V6 4dr SUV 4WD

When i got tired of my loud,hard to deal with jeep wrangler I was looking at the grand cherokees but fell in love with the style of the nissan Xterra! I love my 2000 Xterra. Get one equipped with V6 and 4WD. Also be sure to get the power package, I noticed some have the manual roll up windows (like my wrangler did) I do not miss my wrangler like I thought I would. I love my Nissan Xterra (solar yellow with over sized tires and greay leather seats make it my dream vehicle!) Test drove a 2000 jeep grand cherokee which cost $4,500 more than the Xterra and had basic cloth seating. Very happy with my purchase so far!

Leather interior makes for a make nicer ride. Owned a wrangler for 3 years this Xterra is a huge step up for me. I love the design of the exterior this is what caught my eye. I turn heads everywhere I go because of the solar yellow paint. The best part is I only paid $12,000 for it.

Use less plastice on exterior and interior. Two sun roofs(one in front and one in rear) would be really cool. There arnt too many flaws so far!

out and about where you can't find me!!
By The Chadd

2000 Nissan Xterra XE V6 4dr SUV 4WD

I am or better yet "WAS" a die hard 4- runner fan. Now after the luxury craze took over our beloved suv's I had to look else where to replace my 1993 4- runner with the same ruggedness that an suv should have. The Xterra fit the mold perfectly. The Xterra has been everything my older 4-runner was and more.

Rugged truck like handling, tight steering and Nissan's reputation for reliability.

More horse power, and better mpg's.

2nd Nissan, still in love
By gramps

2000 Nissan Xterra XE V6 4dr SUV 4WD

live in Kalamazoo, MI; purchased from MA. It's been as far as (MA,) NV and FL; of course never a problem. Actually, when I bought Nissan Sentra in 1990; I'm now on my FOURTEENTH YEAR without any repairs thanks to Nissan. Enjoyable to drive, backseat riders like the comfort. Durable interior, running boards (pipes) that absorbed being T-boned, starts every winter, fast HOT heating system, decent gas mileage for SUV- just a great truck. I have stick-shift & 4WD; winter driving no problem. Tows like it's not towing.

dependability size of cargo area roof rack and luggage bars

none.. got exactly what I expected

dont buy one
By crap

2000 Nissan Xterra XE V6 4dr SUV

I would not recommend buying a nissan xterra. The plastic bumper turns white, the buttons on the radio come loose, the paint on the buttons to the radio lasted 2 years, shift gear broken, driver seat uncomfortable, entire car not quality made. I can't wait to trade in to buy a toyota. This is my first nissan, I miss my toyota.

It looks cute, but made cheap!

I would not buy nissan because even if they did improvements. I trust Toyota!