The Best Used Truck Value Ever
By whusmann on
1990 Nissan Truck 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB
I previously owned the same truck with a regular cab and no 4 wheel drive. Both trucks had the same engine and transmission and other than the 4 wheel drive parts this one is the same except it has power steering is that this one has power steering. Both trucks have had easily over 300,000 miles put on them and both kept right on going and have needed few mechanical repairs. It was because of my previous experience with this truck that I immediately decided to buy the one I have now with no haggling even though I knew it had some minor issues. I didn't care because I knew that after I spent a few hundred on it, I would have a truck that would run dependably for years to come.
Favorite Features
The nearly bullet proof dependability of this truck is fantastic. As late as 1995 consumer reports still considered the 1987-1990 Nissan D21 pick up truck the best used car value that money could buy bar none. Not a single week goes by that someone doesn't offer to buy this truck from me and since a friend is currently borrowing it a neighbor asked me just yesterday if I still had it because he has not seen it for a few weeks and he covets it I always tell prospective buyers the same thing...not a chance...I am going to die with this truck still in my possession.
Suggested Improvements
The only problem with this truck is its lack of power particularly with the extended cab and four wheel drive which make it heavier and therefore it has less power than my previous truck. Going up inclines of any real significance really causes this truck to have to work hard so I wish it had a little more native power.