1992 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
All Cars Should Be As Reliable
By Steve on 05/09/10 10:07 AM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Sentra SE 2dr Coupe

... as my '92 Sentra E. Currently have over 247,000k and still peppy due to fuel injected 1.6 engine. Getting 28+ mpg when taking it easy, about 24 mpg when using A/C, still frosty. Really impressed with this car's performance in its 'emeritus' years. Worth buying at any age, if treated well is the epitome of reliability.

SE-R
By Freddie on 04/13/10 01:57 AM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R 2dr Coupe

Bought the can new in 1992. It was the cat's meow in it's day. It still have the car with only 98K miles on it. I spent a lot of time over seas. The only problems I have had were with the brakes that seem to have a course sound when applied. The seal around the tail lights leak and I can't seem to fix it. There is also a leak around the sun roof and wind shield or fire wall. Can't seem to find the source of any of the leaks. I can't let go of it though. Love?

fun to drive
By aaron on 11/04/09 08:02 AM (PST)

1992 Nissan Sentra XE 2dr Coupe

GREAT LITTLE CAR!! fun to drive. engine is very responsive. i eat hondas all day with this car. (stock) although there is a problem. when the fuel runs low it tends to buck taking of in 1st. I don't know if its the pump or injectors. other than that runs like a charm! i wish the steering was a bit softer though. id recommend this car for anybody. since i got it i changed both cv joints, clutch kit, oil, all the leaks and the head gasket. about $1,000 (more than i bought it for) lol

Dependable
By zward on 03/19/09 19:17 PM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

Purchased my Sentra in 2006 and have owned it ever since. She's always been good to me and I've made sure to keep up with the maintenance. The only major work I've had to do is the CV axles and the exhaust...which were a bit pricey but other than that it's been good and the parts are cheap and the car is easy to work on. I live in the Austin area so inspection and emissions tests are required. My car's always passed wonderfully, so there's never been any expensive emissions problems like that.

Boring to look at but can't kill it!
By 500,000 and going on 03/16/08 12:02 PM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Sentra E 4dr Sedan

My 1992 nissan sentra has been nothing but reliable for my family. No major repairs except a gas tank replacement @ 397000 kms. The usual repairs for wear and tear only. Interior has held up awesome with little to no wear to the seats. Still getting great gas mileage and no oil burning. This car deserves respect for being so simple in its design and so amazingly well built. I can't understand why they still can't produce all cars to be this well. So anyone looking for a great second or student car, this is it hands down! Hope to get million km out of her yet. My little red rocket just goes and goes.

1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R
By Kunkun on 09/06/07 23:16 PM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R 2dr Coupe

This car is fun to drive. Light weight, sharp handling, high revving. This car is the perfect sleeper. Revving the motor to 7,500 revs sounds and feels good. The SR20DE motor doesn't dissapoint. You get great gas mileage on it, too.

Great college car
By Vincent on 08/29/07 11:17 AM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Sentra XE 2dr Coupe

I bought this car from a co-worker before I went to college. The car had about 60,000 miles on it. It ran great. It is easy on gas. I get about 34 mpg highway and 28 mpg city. The car is very reliable and a real do-it-yourself car when it comes to maintenance. I changed the alternator and thermostat myself in addition to the plugs. The timing chain is fine just as long as you keep the oil changed on a regular basis. I still have the car, but I just use it as a road runner now. I went out and bought a Nissan Frontier and it is just as reliable.

Reliable car!
By Tim Hennig on 06/26/07 18:08 PM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from my girlfriend a few years ago because I needed a fuel-efficient car for commuting to and from work (Jeep was way too thirsty for gas!). The car has a total of 235,000 miles. The car is a little rusty with a big dent on the right front panel passenger side. The car is very reliable. The car is great on gas too. There are some disadvantages to the car. It shifts hard from 1st gear to 2nd gear, I have replaced the governor gear three times, and it leaks oil (a lot of it).

WOW!
By Importfan on 05/12/07 19:43 PM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Sentra E 2dr Coupe

I bought this car from a coworker for a few hundred dollars. It has very high mileage, but it seems to be very reliable so far. There are no leaks or "weird" noises so far. For a high mileage vehicle, it is clean and quick and gets good gas mileage. I would definitely recommend this car. I prefer Hondas but this is a worthy substitute! I am glad that I bought it and look forward to many happy miles.

Had to get another
By Autoplay2 on 04/25/06 19:48 PM (PDT)

1992 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

Got the car with 56K miles on it. When it had 135K, I bought the wife a brand new car, but she insisted on driving this one for another 2 years! Peppy, very manueverable, easy on gas and maintenance. Finally sold it at 210K miles to a coworker who loves the car. He has 246K on it now! It's the Timex of cars!