Used 1992 Nissan Sentra Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

1992 Nissan Sentra

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:

All Cars Should Be As Reliable
By Steve

1992 Nissan Sentra SE 2dr Coupe

... as my '92 Sentra E. Currently have over 247,000k and still peppy due to fuel injected 1.6 engine. Getting 28+ mpg when taking it easy, about 24 mpg when using A/C, still frosty. Really impressed with this car's performance in its 'emeritus' years. Worth buying at any age, if treated well is the epitome of reliability.

Favorite Features

Smooth suspension, quiet interior for base model.

Suggested Improvements

Door mounted shoulder strap a real minus - get slammed in door when aged belts don't retract completely. Cup holders insufficient, poorly placed.

SE-R
By Freddie

1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R 2dr Coupe

Bought the can new in 1992. It was the cat's meow in it's day. It still have the car with only 98K miles on it. I spent a lot of time over seas. The only problems I have had were with the brakes that seem to have a course sound when applied. The seal around the tail lights leak and I can't seem to fix it. There is also a leak around the sun roof and wind shield or fire wall. Can't seem to find the source of any of the leaks. I can't let go of it though. Love?

Favorite Features

I like the sound and power of the SR20DE engine.

Suggested Improvements

Prevent the car from leaking around seals. Paint went to crap quickly and the car is rust prone.

fun to drive
By aaron

1992 Nissan Sentra XE 2dr Coupe

GREAT LITTLE CAR!! fun to drive. engine is very responsive. i eat hondas all day with this car. (stock) although there is a problem. when the fuel runs low it tends to buck taking of in 1st. I don't know if its the pump or injectors. other than that runs like a charm! i wish the steering was a bit softer though. id recommend this car for anybody. since i got it i changed both cv joints, clutch kit, oil, all the leaks and the head gasket. about $1,000 (more than i bought it for) lol

Favorite Features

engine, its a fast sporty little car

Suggested Improvements

the suspension compents are pretty lousy the bad cambers are wearing out my tires :(

Dependable
By zward

1992 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

Purchased my Sentra in 2006 and have owned it ever since. She's always been good to me and I've made sure to keep up with the maintenance. The only major work I've had to do is the CV axles and the exhaust...which were a bit pricey but other than that it's been good and the parts are cheap and the car is easy to work on. I live in the Austin area so inspection and emissions tests are required. My car's always passed wonderfully, so there's never been any expensive emissions problems like that.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, easy repairs, easy to work on, cheap parts, many aftermarket add-ons. Car handles very well when you need it.

Suggested Improvements

More power! Needs a turbo stock. When I run the AC the car has NO power. Engine could use to be more responsive.

Boring to look at but can't kill it!
By 500,000 and going

1992 Nissan Sentra E 4dr Sedan

My 1992 nissan sentra has been nothing but reliable for my family. No major repairs except a gas tank replacement @ 397000 kms. The usual repairs for wear and tear only. Interior has held up awesome with little to no wear to the seats. Still getting great gas mileage and no oil burning. This car deserves respect for being so simple in its design and so amazingly well built. I can't understand why they still can't produce all cars to be this well. So anyone looking for a great second or student car, this is it hands down! Hope to get million km out of her yet. My little red rocket just goes and goes.

Favorite Features

Mines basic only with a/c and auto. A/C still blows ice cold air. Comfy seats. Tight steering.

Suggested Improvements

None. maybe 4X4 for the winter though! LOL.