1991 Nissan Sentra - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sentra model:
the little car that could
By Mario on 05/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Nissan Sentra GXE 4dr Sedan

This car has been great. I've only had a few minor problems with it. The antilock brake light comes on and stays on due to a abs speed sensor circuit, the gas gauge does not read accurately, the trunk leaks, and the power windows stick. Other than that, it has been a great car. It keeps going and going and going.

An Underrated Value
By Trish the Dish on 12/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

These Nissans can be had fairly inexpensively (compared to the world-beater Honda Civic), but offer excellent quality and performance for the price. This car would be worth considering when you're looking for you next used car.

No new car for me
By dennisjjc on 10/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Nissan Sentra SE-R 2dr Coupe

I've had my car so long that when I run into friends from the past they can't believe I'm still driving this thing. They have since been through 3 or four cars spending 60k more than I have on transportation. It's a perfect commuter car. Not to big or to small. Not to many things to go wrong with it. The car is a no frills perfect zip around town machine. Only problem is the red paint faided earlier than it should have. I may have washed it off babying it to much. Oh, and I'm a bit concerned about it not having an air bag. I only spend about $600 per yr in maintenance. To bad they didn't make this car for so many years.

I love this car
By Jersey Joe on 09/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Nissan Sentra XE 2dr Coupe

This is the first, and only, new car I've ever purchased. The only problems I've had (knock wood) through 280K miles are deer running haphazardly in front of the vehicle (once) and someone failing to stop and slamming into me from behind. There are a few things I had to have replaced (water pump, struts, etc), but I feel that is to be expected over 12 1/2 years. It has great pick-up, gets good gas mileage and is reasonably quiet for a car that only cost $10,000. I do recommend following the manufacturer's maintanence schedule.

Simply Amazing
By Smikel on 09/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Nissan Sentra SE 2dr Coupe

I bought this car used, and have never had a problem. The 5spd is awesome, and the clutch is amazingly sweet! I did put custom exhaust & a K&N filter in to boost the performance. The seats are really comfotable too! It's the best I've ever owned!

202k miles and it still gets 40mpg
By 5am on 09/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Nissan Sentra E 4dr Sedan

This is a solid inexpensive beginners car. I still drive it, the paint has peeled off but the car is solid, it came with 1 dent at 180k miles, and now it is at 202k w 1 more dent, I popped both out with a little work. 40 mpg and low maintenance, I couldn't ask for more.

Car
By fdsaasdffdsasdf on 07/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Nissan Sentra SE-R 2dr Coupe

Great AWESONE i absolutely love this car. it is amazing. i wish i had another one just like it

Good little car
By sfli on 05/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Nissan Sentra E 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new in 1991. Over the years it has served us well. The only major repair was the clutch after about 6 years of use. It is a good car for transportation. Only minor things have worn out over time. An American make would have been in the junk yard years ago.

Best car I ever bought!
By Eduardo55 on 05/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Nissan Sentra SE-R 2dr Coupe

Bought new in 1990, it has been a blast to drive, never let me down and still outruns anything it's size while getting 32 MPG. I'm looking at a Murano now. Nissans forever.

Good car
By Gsk8r4 on 01/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Nissan Sentra XE 4dr Sedan

Very Reliable car with few repairs!! had to change the AC compressor 3 years ago and since i've had i had replaced the cv boot 2 times and the front rotors once overall this was the best car i've owned