Used 1993 Nissan Quest Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Nissan Quest - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Quest model:

A great car
By Pup Golden

1993 Nissan Quest XE 3dr Minivan

I had no problems with my Quest except for normal wear and tear. I've heard of them Rolling in the dessert and everyone being ok. I know from experience how it handles in a wreck and I'm pround of it. I love this car!

I love the bucket seats in the front, they are SO comfortable.

Give it more get go and better gas milage (16 in town)

Fine, but those manifold bolts!
By Quenames

1993 Nissan Quest GXE 3dr Minivan

A great car that has really lasted and done fine service--but the manifold/header bolts went, front and back, around 80K. I found out through the dealer that a call to Nissan might get some help, and they did volunteer to pay almost half the cost, but it was still plenty expensive. Other than that, I like the car a great deal and plan to drive it until it simply falls apart.

Cargo area, general reliability, car- like ride, ability to take out 2nd row captain's chairs, driving position for taller driver.

Mediocre radio/sound system, flimsy glove compartment handle, flimsy rear- view mirror attachment.

Nissan will pay for manifold bolts
By Elrond

1993 Nissan Quest GXE 3dr Minivan

My manifold bolts went at 75K, and though I was "told" at the dealership that it was after warranty, it was also made clear to me that "you might want to call Nissan and tell them about your unhappiness." It helped. They covered several hundred dollars of the work that I had done. It is ridiculous for the bolts to go at that mileage; this was obviously one of those "hidden recalls." Otherwise, my experience mirrors that of others: water pump at 109K (I did timing belt then, too), but otherwise it runs and runs. It will be ten years this fall, and--knock on wood--I'll get another 5 years/50K. Finish has held up well through loits of snow/salt.

Captain's chairs, though bulky, come out relatively easily and make for a lot of cargo options. Good car for a family of four that makes vacations.

Don't buy used unless you have absolute proof that manifold bolts were ALL replaced. If not replaced, plan on $1200 to get the job done; the rear set is a killer!

Quest is a good family van!
By Alohagal

1993 Nissan Quest XE 3dr Minivan

We purchased our Quest because we had a Honda Accord and were expecting our third child. We needed the room and decided to look for a family van. Although we were and still are Honda fans, we can safely say that the Quest has been very reliable and an truly great van for us. We are now up to 113,000 miles and it's still running like a charm. Only complaint is the rear lights do tend to go out often, and Nissan hasn't been helpful in that area. Overall a great car!

Removable middle seat, offers lots of cargo space when needed. Lots of room for two car seats and other passengers without feeling crammed in.

Nissan really needs to improve the electrical system in the rear light area. I see other Nissan's with the same problem. They need to get this right!

Fun to drive watchout for manifold bolts
By sunilnet

1993 Nissan Quest GXE 3dr Minivan

I bought my Quest new in 1993 and enjoyed it since. Smooth comfortable ride and ideal for long trips. Only major problem I had was the broken manifold bolts. I done 122, 000 miles and had to replace the water pump. I think, replacing the timing belt every 60,000 miles is somewhat excessive. For some reason tires wear out faster. I am still driving it and plan to keep for few more years.

Audio system with rear controls. Comfortable seats

Better mounting for the rear view mirror, which comes off in hot weather. Locking mechanism on the sliding door to prevent sliding close on slanted ground.

• SUV