Used 1995 Nissan Pathfinder SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Nissan Pathfinder - Consumer Reviews

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SUV

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:

Great Solid Vehicle
By Shawn

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my pathfinder with just over 200k miles and so far, overall, I have really enjoyed this vehicle. After I bought it I did the normal upgrades: new belts, water pump, brakes, and wires/plugs which I did myself. The cost of the repairs were not outrageous (use an independent mechanic, not nissan) and the engine runs very strong. It now has just over 210K miles. I have a manual trans. as this gives me the power I want when I want it. I put Michelin M/S all terrain tires on and I can go anywhere in 4wheel drive. It drives great in snow and up into the mountains as well as the highway. It is a comfortable ride and drives well.

Favorite Features

Good storage space. Comfortable seating space for all types of passengers. Strong engine even after 210K miles. Everything still works. 5speed with 4wd is awesome, gives you the most power and control. Its not a race car but it gets you where you want to go.

Suggested Improvements

Needs cup holders. The step bars are a terrible design by Nissan, need to buy another brand. I keep up with the regular maintenance and repairs and this really helps. Fuel is 15miles/gall. using the air cond. or best is around 20 when not using the air. I use mid grade fuel. Not great turning.

Loving it to death
By SS

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE 4dr SUV 4WD

I love it. It is the most reliable and go everywhere vehicle. I've now got 247,000 miles and it gives no indication of quitting anytime soon. Regular maintenance and love make it happy. I've driven it in the desert, mountains, snow, wind, you name it. It performs like a champion.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders. I got the ones you hook into the window slot because of inadequate interior holders. They work out ok.

95 nissan pathfinder
By Ryan

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV

I like the car over all, it will get me where I need to go, but the acceleration and top speed are pretty bad. I have to do alot of work to mine, iv had to replace the brakes twice, the brakes aren't very good. Its peppy, but not a performance car in any way. The problems I have with the car are all small. Only big problem I've had was with the headlights. The previous owner ran wires directly from the headlight wire to something else(haven't followed wire) and the fuse would blow when headlights were turned on, I disconnected the wires and problem was gone. The safety issue was plastic burning when headlights were on, possible fire in steering wheel... wouldn't have been good. happy w/ car overall

Favorite Features

handbreak, tire carrier on back, front seats lean back flush with back seats and form couch/bed, basic tires are only $50, can do almost anything with the car that doesn't involve going fast, tons of trunk space, and back seats fold forward into themselves and trunk size is from hatch to front seats!

Suggested Improvements

make it easier to repair/upgrade/replace parts, cupholders located somewhere besides in the arm rest, make it cheaper to buy parts for, stronger build and a turbo, small lift (2inch i think looks good), brush guard (I haven't been able to find one, am going to have to build it), winch, exaust/engine

Poor Mans 4Runner
By patrick

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE 4dr SUV

I bought this truck in 99 because a comparable 4 runner was approx 3-4k more. It has been an excellent truck with only 1 major issue (trans) I left it sit outside a couple of salty Illinois winters and that killed the body. Runs awesome,bad a/c lousy mpg,very reliable,eats front brakes,looks cool.The trans would not go into reverse and cost 2250.00 to fix. I still have it with 150k cost me 9k in 1999 and its 2009 not bad considering everything. would buy another just watch for frame rust in rear on midwest and east coast vehicles.

Favorite Features

Looks cool,runs great,very reliable poor rear suspension can't put to much weight in rear. Love it good truck

Suggested Improvements

better a/c mpg oil filter right above starter leaks on starter when changing. cupholder location

Gray Nissan Pathy
By Daytona

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV 4WD

After my 2004 Ranger 4wd stepside was totaled by a bread truck while parked on the side of the road, I needed a vehicle asap and ran into a private owner that wanted to get rid of his 1995 4wd Nissan Pathfinder LE. Bought it with 145,000 and in good shape. It did need some TLC, other than that it has been an AMAZING purchase. Taken it camping, snow boarding and road trips. When I first got it, it only got 14mpg :( But after giving it a good tune up, swapping all fluids (diffs,transfer case etc.) to synthetic and newer exhaust I now get 20mpg :) It's a SOLID well built chassis, with some decent lux items,decent driver feed back and solid braking. A/C and heater works great!! Great SUV!!

Favorite Features

Heated mirrors, heat seats, and a decent older auto-climate set up. Fold down seat rear cabin space. Easy roof rack set-up. Capable 4wd set up with Limited Slip Diffs.

Suggested Improvements

Heavy SUV for it size (I weighed it in @ 4300 GVW! at a truck scale) Headlights have a poor light spread, the factory driving lights give better lighting! Characteristic Nissan road noise in cabin. They never use enough sound deadening material even in there newer vehicles. Saves on cost I guess ;)