1995 Nissan Pathfinder SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Pathfinder model:
End of a Legend
By tonio on 02/26/09 22:34 PM (PST)

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I wrote the same review dated 03/13/07, and just wanted to give an update. The frame rusts/rots on these vehicles. Be careful when looking for one. Check the frame behind the fuel tank. Also check under the rear seats (lift them up and check for rust). 94 models may not have this problem, as the frames are made from a different source, however this year model (1995) are prone to frame rot. In 2007 I had very little rust, when I wrote the previous review. In 2008, lots of rust, and my rear bumper, along with fuel tank wanted to leave without me. I am decreasing build quality, down to a 1.

A Decent SUV
By sailnkayakman on 02/26/09 17:17 PM (PST)

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE 4dr SUV 4WD

No major problems maintenance with the truck. The engine and drivetrain are great. Fun to drive with a great 4x4 system. FRAME RUST IS A REAL PROBLEM. IT WILL NOT PASS A STATE SAFETY INSPECTION ANYMORE. Exhaust manifold leaks and always has. Been thru numerous alternators. Had to replace both front drive shafts. After 9 years, it will be scrapped - frame is rusted so bad it will likely break at the rear axle.

Very Reliable Truck
By TBart69 on 02/26/09 15:20 PM (PST)

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV 4WD

One of my favorite things about my 1995 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4X4 is how rugged and reliable it is. Being 16 I have done a lot of stupid stuff to this truck and its still fine. It has a very good four wheel drive system but don't let it go to your head because I found out the hard way that it doesn't mean your invincible. When I first purchased my pathfinder I had a few things done. The Speedometer didn't work so I got that fixed, Changed the Transmission fluid, Changed the Oil and got new tires. I love my pathfinder and I made a great choice.

G R E A T Car!
By aak on 11/17/08 16:40 PM (PST)

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

This is my fourth Pathfinder. Purchased in 2004, with aprx 85K miles on it. Currently has aprx 150K, and going strong. No major problems, just normal/routine maintenance. Love the car, but selling to get a newer one. Gas mileage is OK for an older SUV. Nice looking car, love the 4x4, cargo room, roomy front seats, how it handles in snow. This is one exceptionally reliable and rugged work horse! With 150K it still runs like a top and expect it could easily go another 150K+.

Dang good buy.
By ikyrydr on 10/16/08 13:48 PM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought the car for my wife at some used car place in Jan 04. I was forced to replace the starter and belts in Nov 07, and a pulley in Dec 07. Other than that all work was routine maintenance or by choice. I have taken the car on (3) 2,000 mile round trips to CO without a problem. I have also taken the car on some pretty serious four wheeling trips for a stock car and it also did extremely well. The 4 wheel dive does great on the roads too, I drove over Vail & Eisenhower pass in a blizzard at 55 mph with ease!

tough truck
By coucoui6 on 10/12/08 21:52 PM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

I really like my suv, no way near top ten by today's standards but considering that this is '95, it's great. The truck is very capable for offroading and towing use (within limitation). Don't tow something that out weights the truck... big safety issue. But as for offroad climbing, it's very fun. My Pathy is pretty stock and I can climb most moderate level trails in socal area. I only have LSD and not lockers.

Great Investment!!!
By Otis K. Dribbles on 02/09/08 19:10 PM (PST)

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this vehicle in NC with 65K miles in 99 and I just traded it in for another SUV in early 08 with over 199K miles. The only problem I ever had with the Pathfinder was the transmission. It wouldn't shift to "reverse" so I had to replace it in 04. Other than that, I had absolutely NO problems with it - I never had to fix or replace anything (other than routine maintenance). My odometer and speedometer worked improperly beginning in late 05 (probably b/c I hit a light pole) but passed inspection anyway. The actual mileage was 200K+ due to an odometer malfunction b/c I hit a light pole. Traded it in b/c of long commute, harsh NY winter, and I didn't want to put more money into new tires.

Decent SUV
By peter on 07/29/07 14:09 PM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE 4dr SUV 4WD

Pros: no major mechanical problems so far. 4WD is great in the snow, it can be used up to 60 mph. Always starts up immediately, even in sub-zero temps. Gas mileage is ok for an older suv. Cons: extremely high engine, wind, and road noise. Poor acceleration for the engine size. Speedometer, odometer stopped working and cost several hundred dollars to repair. Rear seats are awkward to sit in. Cupholders are in a very strange location... any cups get in the way when shifting. Spare tire takes up about 1/3 of the trunk space.

Awesome!!
By UnCwTwIn on 07/12/07 13:32 PM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SUV XE 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Pathfinder in 07/99 with about 65K miles. With over 200K miles as of 07/07, it's still going and runs as great as the day I got it! The engine refuses to give me any problems! I love this vehicle because it fits well with any lifestyle and looks good at any occasion. There is one small spot where the paint is fading on the hood, but otherwise, the exterior paint is still in remarkably good condition. Transmission was replaced (wouldn't shift to reverse) in '04 and front axle was replaced in early '07. Otherwise, no major issues whatsoever. I've put very little money into upkeep. Regular oil changes, limiting off-road use, and taking it easy on the gas pedal worked for me!

Very good SUV
By Anton on 06/18/07 11:35 AM (PDT)

1995 Nissan Pathfinder SUV LE 4dr SUV 4WD

Got a used one in 2006 in Ontario. Moved to BC, towed a small car to Florida and again to Ontario. I looked at competition of the same year and nothing really compares to it. I wish A/C lasted me longer