Not perfect, but is still Nissans 4DSC
By stracer82 on
2011 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SV 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
I bought my 2011 SV Sport right as the 2012s were coming out so I got a decent deal. I was really looking at Infiniti G37s but those dealers werent negotiating. The sport package is the best looking version, IMO due to the 19 inch wheels and smoked headlights, and its equipped with some of the extra goodies I would have wanted anyways. As of 9/17/12, I am just shy of 7000 miles on the odo.
Favorite Features
What I like about this car is the comfortable seats, compliant ride, and pretty good MPGS for a nearly 300hp car. The styling is a bit polarizing but at least nothing else really looks like it.
Suggested Improvements
I do have some quips. The tires Nissan chose are an absolute shame. Goodyear RSAs are the cheapest 19 inch tire they could find. If the car sits for more than 1 day, the front tires get flat spots and shake the steering wheel for several miles. My driver side mirror has already been replaced due to a malfuncion, and there was a clicking sound that was coming from the drivetrain early on which went away after a dealer visit. But, they claimed they didnt hear anything. The paint quality & it's resistance to swirls is somewhat dubious. I would have been willing to give up a couple MPG with a conventional automatic verses the CVT. Finally, why is Nissans "flagship" smaller than an Altima?