1996 Nissan Maxima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Maxima model:
Great Driving Car
By AlmostaCowboy on 12/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

I drive over 30k miles a year and love this car. Drove from Cal to Tenn and got 28+mpg@70+mph. Best stereo in the industry. GLE is much smoother than my wife's '99 GXE with same tires. GREAT car for the money.

Still crazy after all these years!
By Valenti on 12/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

Ordered from factory for(rare) 5 speed. (Replaced my 1988 Legend 5 speed.) Reliability has been rock solid. Finally put front brakes at 120k, still has original clutch! Only mechanical problem has been 'check engine light' issue--common to this model. Still drives like it's brand new. Guess that's why I'm still crazy about it...

Solid as Rock
By SamX on 12/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

I like this car! I had a 1997 Honda Accord and totaled it in a accident, I had a deal on that car, and it was Manual, so it's why I took it. It has 375 000km, its so much for a car... but it's solid as rock. Only ''normal'' think to change, O2 sensors and brakes... A great Car!!

1996 Nissan Maxima
By J. Myers on 11/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

The car is a great value for the money. It has been extremely problem free.

1996 Nissan Maxima
By dre1665626 on 10/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

The car runs smooth nice stereo bose >>>Sliding sunroof nice leather interior >>bumpers are a little tender very eas to scratch >>>brakes work well >>> Great car.

IDWIN
By kvg on 09/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

great car fast and i mean fast. i beat cars i should not beat example 4.6 liter mustangs, i also beat a 240 sx with a sr20det front mount, boost controller, and full exhaust.the thing that makes this car a blast to drive is the amount of torque from this 3.0 is really well used with a 5 speed.

This Car Kicks All Sorts of Butts
By The SuperPianist on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

I don't know about the guy who said that this Maxima has poor reliability. This is the best car I've ever owned, no question. The v6 engine is super quick and the 4-speed auto tranny shifts smoothly. The interior is comfortable and luxurious, and well thought out. It's small enough to be very easily maneuverable, and yet powerful enough to get turn heads when you pull away from a stoplight really fast.

Ugly yet beautiful
By Providence on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Nissan Maxima GXE 4dr Sedan

First this car is down right ugly, from the plastic grill to the huge tail lights. Yet all that matters is inner beauty. And when you pop that hood and take a look at the amazing VQ engine you will know what I mean. I bought my Max as a car to get me to and from college everyday. Four years later I have a degree and my Max. As a poor college student what I loved about this car is that it NEVER broke down. All I had to do is routine maintenance(tires, oil changes,brakes,filters,ect..) I also loved blowing away that kid in the civic at every red light. Now I am looking to upgrade to a new G35.

Great Car!
By Alannn on 08/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Nissan Maxima SE 4dr Sedan

Best car I've ever own, 131K and runs like new!

toms
By tom 151 on 07/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Nissan Maxima GLE 4dr Sedan

its very powerful and fun