Used 2006 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews - 163 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Loving This Truck!
By CarolinaUte

2006 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Nissan and so far this is the best new car (err truck) experience I've ever had. I sold my 2003 Toyota Tacoma and after a lot of research and test drives between the '06 Tacoma and Frontier , I decided on the Nissan. I have NO regrets! The workmanship is top notch, unlike my Tacoma that rattled behind the glove box. No rattling in this truck! The power and looks are great, I have had comments at the gas station when I filled up on how great it looks. Its off-road handling is exceptional. Nissan did a great job offering some nice features in the 4x4 model (slip control, downhill assist breaking, etc.). The only thing I would wish for is better gas mileage.

Power, looks (interior/exterior design), Rockford Fosgate sound system, quality and price.

Fuel economy

Love It
By JB

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I can't say enough about my Frontier. I do a lot of beach driving and can say I never have come close to getting stuck. The V6 265HP has surprising pickup. Rides great on the highway and it's comfortable too. Mileage could improve but I get around 21MPG on the highway so I can't complain too much. I drove the Tacoma and it can't compare.

4WD, ride, quality built in, style, tinted back windows

mileage

4x4 on/off road performance
By Amanda

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Newly acquired nissan frontier 4x4 only so far driven on paved road surfaces, the vehicle has good power in acceleration and braking, the ride is smooth for a truck, the ground clearance is sufficient for normal not too extreme use,the steering is smooth, easy to turn the wheel, So far my overall review is very good for this truck, I have yet to test drive off road on uneven surfaces to see how the truck handles and responds in 4x4 drive mode

I like the new exterior body design, full one piece quarter panels, chrome front and rear bumpers,the interior design is good also lots of room

crew cab rear seat when in the up position the head rest on the top of the seat blocks the view when reversing you connot see the truck bed corners

A truck for all seasons
By LLS

2006 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I looked at all of the trucks in this size and the only truck that was close was toyota. Snow storm in Illinois proved the frontier will blaze you a trail when others are in the ditch. Only problem with this truck is going too fast and not even knowing it. I have a little less than 10,000 on my 2006 and have had no problems with this truck. I cannot say the same with the dodge, gmc, or ford

The power and the gas mileage for a four wheel drive truck

Sticker on speed "can be going faster than you think"

Tough act to follow
By john

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I'm really impressed,this is my first nissan, really a bold look, powerful, and really fun to drive, very comfortable!! I have always been a ford man but their is no comparison,im a nissan man now.

Bold look,powerful engine,towing capacity,and overall STYLING

A little better stereo system