2006 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
'06 NISMO lover
By Lew on 06/03/06 07:44 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my NISMO CC for 2.5 months,and now have 10,000+ miles on the odometer. I do not go off roading but my job does require me to make regular use of the NISMO's ground clearance as well as occasional use of the 4x4. This truck has performed flawlessly. To be blunt, I love this truck! People complain about the fuel mileage. I find it fair for a vehicle of it's weight and performance specs. My job entails highway and city driving and I average 15 to 16 MPG. Recently I took the NISMO on a 1600 mile round trip. Going out(VERY windy) I averaged only 18 MPG at 70 MPH+. The return trip with better weather and slightly higher speeds returned 20.2 MPG. This truck rates a 9.5 on a scale of 10!!

Great Mid-Size Truck
By bassfish on 06/01/06 10:42 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great truck to drive. I've had to take 2 trips back east and it performed great. 20 mpg on first trip and 21 on the second. Loaded with furniture on second trip. mpg has improved over time, now have 5500 miles on it. Tows great. Has room for 4 adults. I like the ride better then my wife's cadillac (2000 deville).

Great Functional Truck
By Ken on 05/29/06 17:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier XE 4dr King Cab SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great mileage for mid-size truck, got 25mpg in mixed driving on the first tankful. Ride is quiet and smooth and has plenty of space all around. Not fancy but has all the basic features available as options.

I love it
By RMichael on 05/22/06 13:52 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I really enjoy driving it. I got plenty of torque at low RPM, great low gear ratio in 1st and economical yet still with lots of power 6th. Don't get me wrong there's a lot that I would like improved but for the price it's a solid, fun to ride pickup(it's too new to say how reliable it is...) Before I got it I testdrove Tundra and in my opinion the only thing going for toyota might be the build quality. Toyota sways more when cornering, engine is weak at low RPMs and siting is somehow...weird. That's just my opinion of course.

shelley's frontiers
By getitshelley on 05/19/06 19:27 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

this is my third frontier, first one i traded 2004, my 2005 i totaled, rollover. it held up, condisdering 70 and rolled 3 times. the next day i bought a 2006 frontier. i love this truck it makes me feel safe when i drive. i would not buy anthing but a frontier le. its durable, cute, rugged, sporty and rides like a dream. its power amazes me it really gets up goes when you need the extra power. i can't say enough good things about this truck, if i continued it would be a book.

I love my Nissan Truck...
By Rosemary Tavis on 05/17/06 06:45 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love my truck... It is fun to drive and it sure does have power... The seats could be more comfortable though. I wanted leather and 4wd but could not afford the payment. Any way I look forward to driving my truck every day. It lools so cool too.

Best mid size without a doubt
By Bogarto on 05/10/06 20:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr King Cab 4WD SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Looked at all mid and full size trucks. Finally settled on Frontier 4x4 LE. 265 HP is awesome. Got the 4x4 havn't taken it off road yet. Nice size truck, bigger than any other mids I drove and smaller than the full sizes but with plenty of comfort. Jenkins Nissan in Lakeland, FL was very helpful, got it used with 14,000 miles on it.

crashed 2005 bought 2006
By shelley mann on 05/09/06 17:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier LE 4dr King Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

this is my second frontier in 9 months both mid size. curently totaled 2005 frontier, rollover didn't hold up well, it was horrible i should have died, but i'm alive so i weighed the positive factors to the negative and chose another nissan FRONTIER 2006. it's so smooth, so powerful, it FEELS safe to be behind the wheel.i drive mountain roads it handles better than a car, all i want to do is drive all day long. you would too. the only thing i would change is put in a roll over cage to better protect occupants lives. nissan did a wonder job, it still saved my life.

Gr8 Truck
By RickP Casa Grande on 05/08/06 23:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr King Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

We went to the dealership to look at a used 2003 Frontier and liked what we saw. We test drove it and even though it rode good, the ride was a bit stiff it handled like a TRUCK and the rear passenger leg room was a bit skimpy. We then took a 2006 for a test drive and what a difference. It handles like a dream, feels like your sitting in an EZ chair and has great room in the cab for for both front and rear passengers. Needless to say the 2006 now sits in my driveway and I can't wait to get it into the desert.

Awesome
By Steve on 05/01/06 11:19 AM (PDT)

2006 Nissan Frontier SE 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My last truck was a 94 dodge ram 1500, this thing so rocks compared to my old dodge, I can't believe I have waited so long to get a new truck. Acceleration past 60 is very good. I opened it up on the highway and was at 100 with out even straining the engine. Feels like it was made for me. What more can I say. I have no complaints, rides and drives great. Fuel consumption is not so good, but hey, it's a truck...

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.