Used 2004 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

2004 Nissan Frontier

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

it's a truck!
By a truck guy

2004 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

The 2004 Nissan Frontier may not be a handsome truck but it does the job and at the right price. I would have preferred it to have a larger engine and more leg room in the rear, however I knew what I was buying so if I want to gripe about something it should be my thin wallet. This truck's best feature is its functional long bed.

Favorite Features

The long bed.

Suggested Improvements

This truck has too much plastic, from the frontend to the dash! The tachometer is hard to read when the sun is in front and sunglasses are worn.

01 here's a review with miles
By firstacsent

2004 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Allright, so I've put 79,000 miles on my truck in less then three years. My driving includes a little of everything, city, highway, even some off road. But to be honest it's handled it pretty well. Recently though I did start having some issues, 1st: the taigate handle started to break and mad useing it very diffucult, but it was a easy $50 fix 2nd: Drivers side window knob broke, **** happens... BIG PROBLEMS- 4th: Throw-out bearing has worn, new clutch- $500+ 5th: Service engine litgh came on- O2 sensors need to be replaced first, possible the cat convertor. Still in the end I've treated this truck poorly so in the end these problems could be expected.

Favorite Features

VALUE!!! Had I bought the S10 or Ranger I'm sure I would have had more problems, and would have paid more for them.

I made a mistake in getting this vehicle
By trojo69

2004 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab Standard Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This truck has no power, and the gas mileage is terrible. There is not much room at all inside. The hauling capacity is mnot that bad for a small truck, but if I have to haul alot of weight up a small incline I am in trouble.

Favorite Features

There is nothing that I like about this vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Make this vehicle with a little more power, and do something to improve the gas mileage.

Exactly as expected.
By Tsunami

2004 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd nissan pick-up. Had last one for 8 years with no major problems. The bench seat was wearing me out before I could wear the truck out. I love this truck and it is much improved over my older 96. The four wheel drive goes terrific in the snow up here in New England! I'm 5'8" and have plenty of room in the truck, I think though that a large person might be cramped. A friend of mine was looking at a Dodge, I steered him towards the Nissan and he loves his truck as well. I fully expect to drive this truck for atleast 10 to 15 years.

Favorite Features

Bucket seats with lumbar support. four wheel drive 6 foot bed

Suggested Improvements

longer mud flaps a mud guard/shield inboard of the step rails. My wife's 96 pathfinder has them. They go along way towards keeping the truck clean an step rail clear of road salt and ice. Better gas mileage.

bad to the bone
By pete

2004 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE Rwd SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

this small truck handles like a car yet has the carrying capabilities of some of its larger competitors.it is a very smooth ride,love the drive train!!!

Favorite Features

handles well on turns,limited sliding,great drive train!!!

Suggested Improvements

would like to have about another 6 inches in back for 3rd seat passenger