2003 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Great truck
By cardinalcoach9282 on 03/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I love this truck!!

Just got it, still evaluating
By Fitz134 on 03/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I just got the truck, after being a dyed in the wool Ford man. Nissans to me seem to be some of the most durable, and time tested out there. My truck is an absoulute pleasure to drive, and it gives the best mix of practicality, and functionality. My wife even likes it. We have our first child on the way, and needed another four door vehicle.

2002 Ready To Go
By jefpay on 03/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

5th Nissan pickup since 1987. They just keep getting better. Could use a bit more performance..Didn't opt for the supercharged in that it takes high test gas. With prices the way they are I made the right choice. Have rarely had any serious problems with any of them and routine maintenance keeps them going well.

Can't live w/o a truck
By flashbang on 03/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

stop by to pick up my tags for the 03 Altima I just bought last week. My 94 Ford Ranger 4x4 ( 170k miles) was killing me on gas. They had just got in this Sand Dune color Frontier. After a quick test drive I couldn't stand it anymore I had driven a truck for 8 yrs and had to have another. The ride is awesome and the long bed absorbs most of the road bounce. My wife loves the truck more than me I think. Anyway I was able to use my companies VPP (vehicle purchase program) agreement with Nissan to knock off $3800.

Frontier's Amazing
By Ballistics on 02/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I have always had Toyotas, I thought I'd try Nissan. The Nissan feels heavier, but has better center of gravity feelilng. Has outstanding noise supression cab. In WV, running 70 up hills in 5th gear feels good! I had to drive 3 hours in 4WD in near white-out snow, the vehicle was very stable and reliable, rarely broke traction and handled well. My only disappointment is the consistent 15-17 mpg. However, considering all the other pluses I have no regrets. Frontier delivers on demand every time.

AMAZING
By James Alofs on 01/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Much better, and cheaper than the Tacoma.

Best of The Compacts... By Far
By sgtrock on 01/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this truck after looking and test driving all the others except the Chevy. The others just did not measure up to the Frontier in most areas, especially in the 4WD ride quality. The XE Crew Cab, by far, was smoothest riding and the quietest running down the highway. The Ford Ranger and Toyota Tacoma sounded "Tinny" when shutting the doors , where as the Frontiers doors shut with a solid "thud". The 3.3 V6 engine is a very close second to the Toyota 3.4 V6. (Only because I like DOHC engines) The transmission is one of the best shifting out there.

Muscle Man Nissan
By Mikey2002 on 12/17/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I love my truck. Crew Cab SE with the upgrade Rockford Fosgate Stereo system. I've owned other compact trucks but this takes the cake. I get more complements than anything I've ever driven. To me, it handles and accelerates with the best of them and I do not regret not getting the super charged engine. Don't hesitate if your thinking about getting one. They are a blast to drive (due to strength) and fun to boot...

BEST I EVER HAD
By BALDEV on 12/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

NISSAN FRONTIER IS EXCELLENT...LIKE ALL NISSAN PRODUCT ...EXCITING,FUN AND BEST VALUE

Needed a truck
By Lithonia Brown on 12/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Best bang for the buck.