Used 2003 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

2003 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Love My Truck - Great Truck - Won't let it go
By laurelguy

2003 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my 03 Frontier new in 1/03, haven't had any complaints, now has 191k miles on it, having some issues but that's expected I guess. Speed sensors on both side needed replaced, now having to replace rear seal. Might be bandaging it but really don't want to let the truck go. Only complaint was local Nissan dealership for service or lack there of, but found local shop just as good and less expensive.

Favorite Features

When shopping around in 02/03 the exterior design is what caught my eye, shame Nissan had to change it.

Suggested Improvements

Wish I'd gotten the longer bed but otherwise no changes, happy camper here.

Ole Miss Update
By olemiss

2003 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd LB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I just wanted to update my post of my Frontier Crew Cab long bed with 3.3 engine. I had to replace the A/C compressor around 75,000 miles, replaced a headlight last week, and a battery at the seven year point. I chose to put new shocks all around and replace the brake pads at 85,000 miles. I will have new hoses and belts put on when I have the timing belt replaced at 100,000 miles. Not bad for a ten year old truck with 90,000 miles. I take very good care of this truck and I plan to drive it daily for a few more years.

Favorite Features

Very dependable. I had the A/C compressor replaced, but everything else is normal wear and tear. Pulled a friends 35 foot boat and launched it with no problems.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing too bad. I said I thought this truck was ugly, but I should add that she looks better everyday and no one believes that this truck is ten years old.

Buy It
By Ole Miss

2003 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 Rwd LB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Nissain Frontier new in November 2003. I've owned Toyota, Chevy (Luv), Mazda, Ford small pickups. I like to have a small truck. If you need a heavy hauler, get a full size truck. I've put 65,000 miles on the truck and have not had a single problem. It tows a trailer with ease and goes from city to highway driving with ease. It's quieter on the Highway than my Honda Odyssey. I get 20 mpg in the city and 24 on the highway which is better gas mileage than most get. Only bad I can say the A/C compresser has always had a bone chilling "clang" when it kicks in.

Favorite Features

Versatile truck. Ride and handling. Very dependable!

Suggested Improvements

It's ugly, seriously, I hate the big plastic wheel skirts. Gas milage on some models. I would like it to be smaller. Ford is the only small pickup left.

One Tough Truck
By datsun72

2003 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 Rwd LB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Bought mine new. I now have over 140,000 on it. All I've ever had to do is change oil. I've only had to replace the brake pads once. The tires average over 60,000 before I replace them. It's never even had to be aligned. Toughest vehicle I've ever owned. It still looks brand new. It's worked hard and now my son drives it. Liked it so well I bought a 2008 Frontier to keep it company. Nissan builds the most reliable truck out there.

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

It would b nice if the oil filter were easier to get to.

You had me at supercharged!
By Jhn

2003 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I have owned many different makes & models, this truck made me a fan of Nissan. I wish it had better gas mileage but with a super charged V6 I can't complain to much. I am sort of a shade tree mech. & the ease of changing brakes, oil, filters, etc. was actually surprising. Thank you Nissan for a truck with great style & performance. The next time I buy a vehicle it will be another Nissan.

Favorite Features

I like everything.

Suggested Improvements

Side curtain air bags front & back & a chrome package.