2002 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Great Work Truck!
By baldbastard420 on 04/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab Standard 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great little work truck, the 5-speed gets good gas mileage and is fun to drive...incidently the squeek that is heard when turning is the rubber stops, you will notice that this only happens when the wheels are turned all the way in either direction, like when making a U-turn.

2002 Nissan Frontier review
By MattyO on 04/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I own a 2002 XE V6 4X4 extended cab. For the most part truck has been a good vehicle. The only major complaints that I have with the vehicle is that it is a bit under powered. The gas mileage is not the greatest averaging about 17-18 mpg. Lastly, at about 5000 miles the vehicle developed a few really annoying squeaks and rattles. Other than those few items the truck has been great so far.

2002 Nissan Frontier XE CC 4x4
By BrewJeep on 03/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

It's a great little truck -- very handy. I purchased the shortbed for ease of handling offroad, but would prefer the longbed for hauling loads. Handling is very nice with less understeer than some of the competitors' offerings and better ride than the Tacoma, which I also looked at.

GO FRONTIER!
By gotmilk on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 2WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, I really like my Frontier. Its great for short trips in town or long vacation trips. The crew cab works out great for small to medium size children. I highly recommend the crew cab. It hauls kids, groceries, and a full load in the cargo bed. Would I buy another Frontier? YES!

The Zen of Trucks 2
By Fontier Zen on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 2WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

It's been almost 2 years and I'm still loving this truck. It's by far the best vehicle I've ever had. The style and preformance cannot be match by any of the other small trucks on the market. I would still recommend this truck to anyone. Just be sure to get the long bed. Don't waste your time on the short bed.

Da Twuk
By Dak on 02/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 2WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I am very impressed with Nissan's overall attention to detail with this truck. This truck won out over some tough competitors when it came time to shop for a new vehicle. In fact Nissan was not an original choice, whereas; Ford, Toyota and GM were. Great job Nissan!!

Very useful truck
By MMModem on 01/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 2WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This truck is amazing. It does everything you ask it to do and more. Sure it could use a little more power but nothing is perfect. Ride quality is extremely smooth and quiet. Interior design is almost perfect. Plenty of space and high quality materials. I don't know what they are saying about the backseats, but they seem plenty roomy to me.

This Truck Kicks A##
By felixguru on 01/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 2WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 5M)

I have never had this much fun driving a truck before in my life. I have taken this thing EVERYWHERE! It is only 6 months old, and it already has 15,000 miles on it. Bad for resale, but I can't help it. It's so much fun to drive!

2002 Nissan Frontier
By umco20 on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Good truck, nice interior, comfortable. Poor power, not really fun to drive.

Nissan Quality w/No Legroom
By BlackIron on 12/09/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab XE-V6 2WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I'm 6'3" and owned my 2002 Nissan Frontier for 13 months. The outside of the Nissan is sharp when you get it decked out with the running boards, the body moulding, and the overhead racks, and not an ounce of problem out of it the whole time. The interior front seats are fine...plenty of room for two people...but there is ABSOLUTELY NO leg room in the back seat of this vehicle...the long bed is nice if you haul things and came in handy several times.