Used 2002 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

2002 Nissan Frontier King Cab SE
By brandy

2002 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab SE-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

The truck drives great the only issue is the gas mileage but that is only becuase I was used to driving a 4 cylinder and this is a V6. Handles wonderful in snow, and rain. Looks nice and I love that we bought it.

Oversize package makes it look beefy.

I Love my truck
By ilovemytruck

2002 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab XE 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2002 Nissan Frontier KC with 35000 miles on it and i love it it could use a lower gear in the rear end and a better clutch but over all this truck is great! this is my first truck i couldnt have picked a better one, if you are looking for a ranger,forget about it, the nissan is the best way to go. it has japinese quality and reliabilty and a higher resale value also. this is just a great truck over all.

the looks, it looks great and the quality.

more power would be nice and a lower gear and a better feeling clutch and less noisy throw out bearing.

Chuck's truck
By caw

2002 Nissan Frontier 2dr King Cab Standard 2WD SB (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have enjoyed my 2002 Nissan Frontier very much since I purchased it three years ago. I was originally drawn to the interior design, and made my purchase based mostly on this, as well as the reputation for quality that Nissan has. I was a bit disappointed in the acceleration, having just traded in a full sized Ford truck, but soon learned that there was more power there than it seemed, it just requires fully depressing the accelerator pedal and holding for a few seconds. I have been pleased with the handling and turning radius, as well as the convenience of the interior layout. I feel more like I'm driving a car than a truck, which is just the way I want it. I am now buying a 2004 model now in lieu of the 2005.

Interior layout. Column shift. Storage console. Turning radius.

Better gearing to get more acceleration at lower and intermediate speeds.

Pleased not ecstatic
By MidwestRoadrunner

2002 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SE-V6 4WD LB (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Looks great, drives great, very affordable compared to other compacts, nice inside and out.I would only consider the Toyota or Nissan, would not consider V8s or Dakota.Checked out new Colorado it seemed chincy and cheap yet $25K. This is a great truck for the money. We paid $18K for used '02 SE/LB with 22K mis.The previous owner took great care, looked like new has extra goodies like spray in liner, nerf bars, and after market security.Toyota is crazy they wanted $20K for a used Tacoma with 50K mis.Would not consider new. Worse, all Tacomas are short beds. With cost savings over Tacoma we bought an 84 mo. b to b extended warranty.

Looks, ride and handling, locking tail gate, controls, fit and finish in and out. Seats are comfortable material is durable (100% Poly) yet stained as others have mentioned. Dealer is shampooing, I expect stains will lift from 100% Poly. Will scotch guard or something.

Poor power & mpg. Got 16.5 on first two tanks. Added K&N filter and noticed immediate improvement in performance across the RPM range, still assessing impact on MPG. Plan to install true duals once factory exh goes. Probably adding hard tonneau they say that is good for a couple MPG.

Great styling
By CW in COS

2002 Nissan Frontier 4dr Crew Cab SC-V6 4WD SB (3.3L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This is a great looking, and fun truck. I have had the truck for two years now and have found it to be very reliable. It performs very well off road and is good for hauling small loads.

The tough styling.

The truck is very noisy. There is a constant rattle coming from the back end that I can't find. The back seat is very compact,which makes it only for occasional use.Gas mileage is very low. Interior fabric is not a very high grade.The truck seams to have a real rough ride.