Used 2010 Nissan Cube Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Nissan Cube - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cube model:

This car drives terrible on the highway especially with any wind.
By portcitycoin

2010 Nissan Cube 1.8 S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

This car is good for local driving and that's about it. I don't know where all the good reviews are coming from however my Nissan Cube is terrible driving on the highway if there is wind and I mean terrible. Also wind noise from highway driving is aweful sounds like window is partly open.

Roomy inside

Improve wind noise and design this car gets tossed around on the highway when windy feels like I am driving a large box truck.

Cube alignment
By tippyriver

2010 Nissan Cube 1.8 SL 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

A four wheel alignment can cost over $1000 if the rear is out of spec. Nissan Cube has a non adjustable rear axle and Nissan will Not warrant replacement if out of spec. Shims are Not approved. Rotating tires hides the factory problem and shortens tire life.

Interior space

Visibility of panel gauges, Adjustable alignment rear end.

Dynamic vehicle in a unique package
By stapleface

2010 Nissan Cube 1.8 S 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I've owned this car about 6 months now, and I feel I can now make an informed decision on it. When I was shopping for this vehicle, I considered the Xb, Soul, Fiesta/Mazda 2, Suzuki SX4 and the Matrix/Vibe. What sold me on this one was the overall value the cube represents. The vehicle is deceptively big inside. I'm 6'1 and have about 8 inches of headroom. The interior can swallow a lot of stuff. The available features for the money are impressive. Traction control, wheel mounted stereo controls, bluetooth, iPod connectivity. The car gets fairly decent gas mileage. The biggest holdup is it's shape. A brick isn't very aerodynamic. If I had to do it over, I would buy this car again.

This small vehicle is capable of carrying a whole lot of stuff. The cargo capacity is pretty incredible for a vehicle of this size. The seating position is a plus too. While this is a small car, sitting up higher allows one to be on par with many of the SUV's on the road today and able to see around them. Also having a higher profile vehicle allows it to be seen by more people too. The exterior styling is very polarizing. I happen to love it. It's one of the more unique cars on the road. The traction control works well, and is fairly unobtrusive. The brakes work very good as well. The bluetooth and iPod connectivity is a real plus for a vehicle in this price range.

More engine choices. The 1.8 is adequate, but perhaps Nissan could make a performance version of this vehicle. The 1.6t from the Juke would probably be enough to garner the buyers who are looking for a bit more oomph. The front seat passenger needs their own arm rest. Or a center console with one large armrest and storage would be helpful. An ability to fold the seats flat into the floor would be helpful and provide even more room. There should be more impactful color choices. Nissan dropped the ball with the lack of dynamic and vivid colors for such a unique vehicle. The center dome light should be round, not rectangular. It seems out of place in the headliner ripple.

love my cube!!!!!
By janzoo

2010 Nissan Cube 1.8 SL 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Back in October I was given the cube to drive while husband's car being serviced. When I looked at it I said, "You have got to be kidding!" Well, after driving it for 36 hours - I was in love! Traded in my 3 year old Civic and have not regretted it once. This car makes you happy! Fun, kwirky, economical and smart - this is an under-sung great little but roomy car! Also, it was a real champ in the snow this past winter. Am thrilled with my gas mileage as well. I average between no less then 31 mpg and up to 35mpg - which did seem to increase after the 3,000 mile mark. In my 40 some years of driving I have never loved a car. I do now.

Visibility is better then the family van. Love the height of the seats - ease of getting in and out. Get the upgraded sound system it is so worth it. Ease of loading stuff in the rear. oh and the keyless feature is one I will never do without again.

From reading the 2011 reviews, sounds like Nissan has fixed the noise issue. I just turn up the music.

ijustlovemycube
By KC'sMom

2010 Nissan Cube 1.8 SL 4dr Wagon (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

After doing some researched, comparing with Scion XB & Kia Soul, I thought I didn't like the shape of the Cube's back/butt, I thought of a bumble bee. But when I test drove it,I couldn't stop thinking about it when I got home. The next day went back to the dealer & decided to purchased the Cube for better gas mileage, design/style, price & lower APR, durability & reliability, I hope-since this is our 1st Nissan (like our 2 other dependable Toyota's)to mention some advantages over the other 2 I considered. I am very happy w/ this car, it feels like I'm driving a small SUV, smooth ride & handling. My son loves to ride it,too as he can recline the back seat.

better gas mileage (compared to my SUV),cute style & design, smooth ride, easy to maneuver, high driver seat, fridge style trunk door,etc.

window needs to be a little darker if it's legal- too bright on ur eyes,expandable window sun visor- a must, passenger arm rest,center console