Used 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

It was the most perfect car I've had
By clock84

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my 08 Nissan Altima Coupe in 2008 brand new. It was my first brand new car and I'm still in love with it even though I don't own it any longer. I put over 50k miles on it in 3 years. I took it on long drives from Omaha to Chicago and Omaha to Indianapolis. The seats were so comfy that my butt was never abused. The acceleration was always great even though it was a 4 cyl. I had no problems getting around in the winter during some bad snowfalls. The only reason I traded it in was because I needed to get a bigger car for a family. When I think of my silver 2008 Altima I get a little tear in my eye as I wistfully remember how great of a car it was.

Seats, stereo, looks, feel, acceleration, handling, trunk space, sex appeal

5 years, 60k miles
By stevewaclo

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Noticed only one other review for a Coupe with some miles on it, so thought I'd share my experience. Took delivery in January of '08 and other than a broken limit strap on the driver door, the car has been flawless. Fuel economy on the V6 has been as high as 32 @ 70 (Hwy, measured several times at fill-up and around 20 in town with combined in the low 20's. Although designed for premium, I've used regular. Performance is excellent with some torque steer on hard launch. One track day, with VDC off, was a hoot. Excellent for long trips and plenty of room for skis, with the back seats down. Plus, it takes someone who knows the car to know an '08 from the current model.

Styling, performance and handling are excellent. Roomy interior, comfortable heated leather seats, automatic dual climate control, auto-dimming rear-view mirror and 6disk Bose sound have made for enjoyable travels. HID headlamps and LED lamps in the mirrors improve safety and visibility. Seldom use the sun roof but it's there when I want it. Keyless entry and push-button start are a major convenience.

Long reach back the seat belts and some interior finishes could have been softer plastic. Dual mass flywheel makes for somewhat abrupt clutch take up and easy stalls. Rear visibility is sketchy...use a spotter or get a back-up camera :-).

Love the Car
By queenb63

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought my 2008, 3.5 SE coupe new, it has great looks and ALOT of get up & go. I don't have 20,000 miles on it yet, planning on selling it to go with a bigger car will miss it when its gone...

Power

It does have a blind spot but I also have a convertible that has them so I'm use to looking over my shoulder.

Great Sporty Car!
By krismuszynski

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Previously had an '07 2.5 Altima Sedan and LOVED it but wanted something sportier after a year of owning it. Lived up to exactly what it's built to be, a front wheel drive sporty car! First trip was to North Carolina in the first week of owning the car, averaged between 70-75mph on the eight hour trip from Florida (may have given it the beans a few times on the hwy as well) and had a 31mpg rating both ways to and from NC. Decided to give the suspension a work out on the mountain roads of Pisgah national forest. The car handled beautifully! The ride is TIGHT though, don't expect a soft ride in the SE package. It is made to be sporty! Loved the car and would only change the turning radius.

Great engine, wonderful transmission (don't forget to get it serviced at 50k!!) spectacular sound system for a factory stock sound. For a small coupe it fit my 6'3" frame quite easily as well as room for two of my friends. The fold down rear seats SAVED me many times as I am a active musician and had to cram 3 guitars, amplifier, speaker cabinet, pedal board, and backpack filled with accessories in the car on a regular basis. It did take some "tetrising" but it can be done! Also will fit 7'10" fishing rods with the seats down, this was my SUV hah! Averaged about 26mpg on a daily basis, for a 270hp car if found that pretty impressive.

Biggest improvement needed was the turning radius at slow speeds. To put it in perspective it almost equates to the turning radius of the moon. At faster speeds it handles as fine as any FWD car will, wish it was a RWD vehicle, but then they'd be shooting themselves in the foot wouldn't they? Half the price of a maxed out Z and the same performance...well almost.

This car is crap
By melgoodman77

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my car used with 34,000 miles on it. I didn't even have it 24 hours and the clutch stuck to the floor while I was doing 75 mph. The dealer said that the hydrolics on the clutch had gone and they also had to replace the master cylinder and the slay cylinder. I have only owned this car a little under 2 months. The gas milage of this car is horrible. I get 18 mpg even when it says I am getting more. The gas light comes on when the gas gauge is only have 1/4 of a tank. Now there is a large clunking sound in the front end of the car and the dearship said they adjusted my subframe. It is still making the clunking noise and needs to go back in. LEMON!!!!!!!!!!!!

THe seats are comfortable

Blind spots are pretty bad.