2008 Nissan Altima Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
It was the most perfect car I've had
By clock84 on 03/05/13 13:14 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my 08 Nissan Altima Coupe in 2008 brand new. It was my first brand new car and I'm still in love with it even though I don't own it any longer. I put over 50k miles on it in 3 years. I took it on long drives from Omaha to Chicago and Omaha to Indianapolis. The seats were so comfy that my butt was never abused. The acceleration was always great even though it was a 4 cyl. I had no problems getting around in the winter during some bad snowfalls. The only reason I traded it in was because I needed to get a bigger car for a family. When I think of my silver 2008 Altima I get a little tear in my eye as I wistfully remember how great of a car it was.

5 years, 60k miles
By stevewaclo on 12/10/12 22:45 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Noticed only one other review for a Coupe with some miles on it, so thought I'd share my experience. Took delivery in January of '08 and other than a broken limit strap on the driver door, the car has been flawless. Fuel economy on the V6 has been as high as 32 @ 70 (Hwy, measured several times at fill-up and around 20 in town with combined in the low 20's. Although designed for premium, I've used regular. Performance is excellent with some torque steer on hard launch. One track day, with VDC off, was a hoot. Excellent for long trips and plenty of room for skis, with the back seats down. Plus, it takes someone who knows the car to know an '08 from the current model.

Love the Car
By queenb63 on 05/10/12 10:08 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought my 2008, 3.5 SE coupe new, it has great looks and ALOT of get up & go. I don't have 20,000 miles on it yet, planning on selling it to go with a bigger car will miss it when its gone...

Great Sporty Car!
By krismuszynski on 08/09/11 08:32 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Previously had an '07 2.5 Altima Sedan and LOVED it but wanted something sportier after a year of owning it. Lived up to exactly what it's built to be, a front wheel drive sporty car! First trip was to North Carolina in the first week of owning the car, averaged between 70-75mph on the eight hour trip from Florida (may have given it the beans a few times on the hwy as well) and had a 31mpg rating both ways to and from NC. Decided to give the suspension a work out on the mountain roads of Pisgah national forest. The car handled beautifully! The ride is TIGHT though, don't expect a soft ride in the SE package. It is made to be sporty! Loved the car and would only change the turning radius.

This car is crap
By melgoodman77 on 04/24/11 08:58 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my car used with 34,000 miles on it. I didn't even have it 24 hours and the clutch stuck to the floor while I was doing 75 mph. The dealer said that the hydrolics on the clutch had gone and they also had to replace the master cylinder and the slay cylinder. I have only owned this car a little under 2 months. The gas milage of this car is horrible. I get 18 mpg even when it says I am getting more. The gas light comes on when the gas gauge is only have 1/4 of a tank. Now there is a large clunking sound in the front end of the car and the dearship said they adjusted my subframe. It is still making the clunking noise and needs to go back in. LEMON!!!!!!!!!!!!

40K Miles - No Problems
By kayyn on 04/20/11 07:32 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Just thought I would post a review letting potential buyers of used 2008 Altima Coupes, know, that after 40,000 miles the car has had no problems for me. I bought the 3.5 SE with CVT transmission, on 6-7-2007 fully loaded. The car has had every maintenance interval done. (oil changed every 3K miles, and whatever else a certified Nissan mechanic, said needed to be done) The only problem I had was a bad valve stem on the tire, NOT caused by driving behavior, stems are steel. Otherwise the car has seemed to run very well. It is very quiet while idling, inside still looks brand new, overall everything has held up well with no major problems in the first 40K mile

I did 130 mph in this car and could have done more
By greogory on 03/30/11 19:04 PM (PDT)

This car is awesome

I like my car more than a beemer I had
By greogory on 03/30/11 18:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Must get a 3.5 to fully enjoy this car but the styling alone will make you like it. Cool and well done inside and out. When I see Infiniti G I think the Altima coupe is nicer looking.

Transmission needs to know me?
By kmp on 12/01/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 2.5 S 2dr Coupe (2.5L 4cyl CVT)

Has anyone heard this one? I bought my altima coupe new & it rode well for about a year--no probs. Now the transmission vibrates at 25-40 mph, & getting worse. The dealer tells me the transmission needs to adjust to my style of driving-that they may need to reset it to the factory setting and let it "learn my style of driving."this sounds like bs to me! Also, the car keeps telling me I have no key, & the car won't start w/the push button. I've gone through umpteen batteries in the last few months. I can put in a new battery today, & tomorrow the car will tell me my key has no battery. Very frustrating! The dealer tells me they are "going back & forth w/Nissan" & will let me know.

Love My Car
By Noah on 08/11/10 07:09 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Had my mid-life crisis a bit early and opted to trade-in my Saturn VUE for something more sporty. I saw a few of the Altima Coupes on the road and decided I needed to drive one. 53,000 miles later, it's still a great car to drive. I wanted all black, V6, fully loaded and after waiting patiently a few days, my dealer was able to get one. The look of the vehicle is great. Sometimes I think there is a bit too much hesitation when I go from reverse to drive. However, overall, it is just a great car with great acceleration and handling and very good gas mileage. While not the ideal family vehicle, I can fit all 3 kiddos in the backseat.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.