2003 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Sporty and reliable
By aposak on 01/14/14 02:55 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Daily driver for 10 years now. 190k, original engine and transmission. Still looks good, performs well, and still fun to drive. 4 doors means extra utility and lower insurance. The 4-cyl from this era have major engine problems... go with the V6.

loved this car intill.....................
By 0altima3 on 11/21/11 10:57 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

bought this car used in 2005 with 21000 miles on it was evrything i wanted loved my car praised it was black on black with leather 6 years later still turnning heads flawless inside and out took the best care of the car nothing but synthetic oil changes every 3000 miles nothing but premiume 91 76 gas and last week discovered no oil in my engine with only 82000 miles had read up on it about a year ago and called nissan and they said it has to do with how you maintence your car so i thought would not happen to mine but i was wrong no one took better care of a car then i did nissan needs to do something will never buy another nissan and will tell anyone who will listen getting rid of my baby

GREAT CAR
By Canadian owner on 12/10/09 16:39 PM (PST)

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This vehicle has done well even in the extreme temperatures that we have here in Canada. I'm in sales and as a result spend alot of time in my vehicle. My hats off to the company for making such a great car. I'm picking up my new one on Saturday!

DONT BE FOOLED WITH THIS LEMON MODEL
By Sara on 11/27/09 12:01 PM (PST)

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this car 5 years ago, paid top dollar for the one year old car. It had all the options on it I was looking for as well as lots of room. This car has had several recalls, all of which have been repaired. However 2 years ago MAJOR probs started when my heat went out. Nissan had NO idea how to fix it. Then just this month my catalytic converted exploded, I replaced and a week later with more probs told it was TOTAL ENGINE FAILURE. At 130,000 highly maintained miles this should not be expected from a Nissan. But the Nissan reps I have spoken to, have said it was old and not surprising. I expected more out of a $24,000 car. I have driven Hondas much more. Will never buy another Nissan.

Been a great car so far
By Halbergrada on 09/29/09 06:12 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have put 57,000 miles on my Altima. Right now I'm sitting at just under 75,000 miles. So far I have not had any major maintenance issues and the car has been very reliable. I did have to replace the brakes at 45k miles and the tires at 50k, which I think is pretty reasonable. It's not using a drop of oil. I do have one annoyance. My drivers window switch is going out and sometimes it takes a few tries to get my window to stay up.

awesome
By margie on 05/27/09 18:53 PM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I loved my Altima. I only had it 7 months but it drove so smooth, was fast and handled curves very well. I no longer have it, it was totaled after a serious accident I had. I survived but my beautiful Altima did not. It was the best vehicle I had ever had.

ok car
By john on 04/22/09 07:15 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

i got this car for my wife for Christmas 2003 car did us right for aprox 3 years brought back to dealer for 3 recalls dealer insisted we need a service when dropping off the car we were not getting suckered for those ridiculous prices we maintain this car like a baby oil change every 3k all the time. after getting car back from dealer for recalls we had numerous problems sevice light would always go on car ran very rough when idling had to get it towed back to dealer 2 months later this went on for a year and a half costing $300 each time sensor sensor sensor every dam sensor seamed to be changed now running ok but the gas mileage stinks 18-22 mpg my wife loves her car i don't too big for 4c

Great Car!
By Karen on 08/14/08 18:08 PM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my '03 Nissan new in 10/02 and now have over 130K miles on it, and still running strong. The maintenance has been minimal, and my driving style is not always easy on it. The acceleration is perky and my gas mileage is 27-28 on a daily basis. I've been driving it for almost 6 years and feel that it will last me a lot longer. The interior is a little on the cheap side, however it cost me $22-23,000 new, so who's complaining. Oh, and it's been paid for for 3 years, what a ride!!!

2003 Nissa Altima
By Richard on 02/23/08 11:14 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Excellent car through 75K. I have done all the required maintenance through the dealership. Rather pricey. Good fuel economy, very comfortable interior. Cheap plastic on the inside, armrest and drink holder cover broken in first six months. Very squeaky passenger seat. All in all very nice car for the price.

repeat excellence
By ecb on 08/05/06 16:14 PM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

very comfortable leather seats-- car fits like a glove. fast pick up. excellent steering amazing trunk size