Really fun, but nightmare with repairs
By Paul Machicao on
1991 Nissan 300ZX 2+2 2dr Coupe
I first bought this car used from a guy in March of 08. I loved this car a lot. Of all the cars I have driven it's the most fun to drive (mostly due to manual). But 3 months later the clutch went out (partially due to learning stick on this car). I think the clutch was never replaced though. Replaced this and then 2 weeks later the car wouldn't start. Replaced that assuming it was just because of age but it did it again 3 or 4 months later and replaced once again. Strangely enough at a car show I met someone who knew the guy and said he used it as a project car. So I am thinking that may be one reason why the car always had to be repaired.
Favorite Features
Overall my favorite features would have to be the fact it was really powerful for a 3.0 non-turboed 6 cylinder. The looks is what sold it, and though it's old, you can really do some nice customizing to it.
Suggested Improvements
The starter. I mean it's a little too late to be suggesting improvements to this discontinued model but still, that did a lot to make me sell it along with the clutch.