Used 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lancer model:

Excellent car for price
By lotte311

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my car in 2005 with 12000 miles on it. I am now crossing the150k mark. I have not had any major issues. I have performed all recommended maitaince. The only major repair so fair was a LF inner wheel which was done last year at 125K miles. I am now routinely making 1200 mile round trips to another state and this car powers through the drive. Pretty good for it's value, not the prettiest car on the road but if you are looking for good value for your money then this is it. I still get an average of 25 miles in town. On my last trip out of state I did 30miles/gallon on highways.

Value value value
By leftysrule22

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan Ralliart 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned my Ralliart since January of 2005. I am about to cross the 90k mile marker, and I can honestly say every single mile has been a blast. You wont find a comparable 2005 of any make that can touch the value of this car. Other comparable cars have higher peak hp numbers (only slightly higher too), but cant match the ralliart torque. What other 2005 under $20k can do a standing burnout without bouncing off the rev limiter? What other car comes from the FACTORY with an upper suspension brace?

Favorite Features

Suspension, engine, and transmission are magnificent.

Suggested Improvements

Add a limited slip to the front wheels and you have a car that will devour the autocross.

Great car!
By jooey

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 1yr after it came out and it only had 12miles on it. I've had it for 6yrs now and never had a problem with it. (During those 6yrs my spouse went through 2 cars). It is the most reliable car ever. Just keep up with regular maintenance and you should have no problems.

Favorite Features

great gas mil, drives smooth, good travel car

Most reliable I have ever owned
By Alan

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan ES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

So here is the deal. I have had a slew of other cars and non of them can match up to the reliability and fuel mileage of this car. I have owned it for about 3 years and I have only had to do the basic maintenance stuff (Brakes, tires etc). I also get 38 MPG at 65 mph on the highway and about 30-32 around town. Not sure why anyone who wants a small car would spend thousands more on a civic or corolla when this car is just as good or better in some regards.

Great car, bad company
By s1n15ter1

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Sedan O-Z Rally 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car new for myself, drove the wheels off and enjoyed this car completely. It had a 10 year 100k mile warranty that was rather reassuring but when the motor blew, Mitsubishi refused to honor the warranty. I will never again purchase anything Mitsubishi and I advise all to heed this caveat.

Favorite Features

Just all around fun to drive when it is still operational.

Suggested Improvements

Would be a ton more enjoyable if there were more pepper under the hood.