2000 Mitsubishi Diamante - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Diamante model:
great car
By Peggy on 01/10/10 09:09 AM (PST)

2000 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new and have only had reliability. I have only done routine maintenance. Never broken down or replaced parts other than brakes, tires, and muffler. I have over 155,000 miles. It still rides it did new. Great riding comfort and pickup. I get about 27 miles highway and 24 around town. If they were still made I would buy another!

Great Car for the money
By Eugene on 06/16/08 11:01 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan

Love the car but hate to see it losing value. OEM parts are ridiculously expensive and aftermarkets are hard to come by. Gas mileage is not all that great (20- 22 MPG) and heater core problem is starting to surface. I would recommend this car if you can find an exceptional deal .

Sharp looking, great performance
By WtbyCT on 06/02/08 10:20 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan

I got my 2000 LS in 2003 to replace the 1993 Grand Am that my parents gave me as a first car. For the first two years that I owned it I drove the socks off the thing but it easily took the abuse of a 17 year old guy and his friends. Once I got into college I took more interest in the car since I knew I needed a car that would last me into the beginning of my career. With a nice wash and wax, this car gets me compliments everywhere I go. Take care of this car and it will take care of you. On the highway I find the acceleration to be amazing between 60-80 and I can hang with most Euro cars and blow the socks off the other JP cars. Only prob is at 60,000 mi it's going to be $1100+ service

Almost Perfection
By Lon611 on 05/03/08 16:34 PM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan

An amazing car, all around. I actually bought this because i loved my '93 diamante so much. interior quality + performance is top notch. only problem is that it can be slightly non-responsive from a stop (not a big deal). Exterior is sleek;the first time i saw it i was reminded of a BMW. B+/A- in my book. wish they still made these.

Happy with my Diamante
By MarkPenner on 09/26/06 06:55 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 2000 Mitsubishi Diamante in Dec. 2003. I did a lot of online research before purchasing and found that most of the people complain about its fast depreciation, but praise reliability of the car. I was looking for a good used car, so fast depreciation was a good news. Why pay $36,000 for a new, when you can get a great used car for $12,000? So, I found a Diamante with 55,000 miles online and drove it home. For two years that I owned this car I just did regular maitainance (oil, transmission fluid, brakes, put new set of tires). I had no problem with transmission, it shifts perfectly. I didn't have any problems with the heat-core either. I spent only $480 in maintainance to keep this car in excellent shape for two years.

Hasn't Let Me Down Yet
By mitmit on 01/05/05 12:48 PM (PST)

2000 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan

My 2000 Mitsubishi Diamante has been extremely reliable and fun to drive. I've always liked the styling of the Diamantes, and you get a really nice car for a reasonable price. The only disadvantages I've observed are their poor resale value, and some components could be of higher quality. For example, I was told at 38,000 miles that my struts were going to need to be replaced soon. (However, I haven't replaced them, and it still rides fine.) The other quality issues were more cosmetic in nature, like a trim piece that peeled.

Great Car for the Price
By M Schu on 06/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan

I've had this car for almost 3 years, and I've really enjoyed driving it. It has good power and looks really nice. However, some components aren't durable enough - at 42,000 miles the struts are already going bad. Occasionally, it doesn't shift as nicely as I'd like. Plus, the rear window trim is peeling off, which looks bad. The resale value goes down quickly after you buy it new, so buy this if you want to keep it for awhile. But once you drive it, I bet you'll want to keep it for awhile.

good bang for buck
By nito721 on 05/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan

only had it a couple of weeks but very satisfied with my purchase. only problem is a few paint chips. has power and comfort plus other high end options for a low end price. only paid 14000. looks like i paid 18-20k. at least.

Fun, Luxury Car
By fulby on 05/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new in 2000 for my wife. I love to drive it, and do at every opportunity! The only problem has been excessive road noise. We've had the tires replaced (30,000 miles), but it didn't help. This is a champagne car on a beer budget. Given the choice, I would buy the Diamante LS again.

Great Car
By JW675 on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mitsubishi Diamante LS 4dr Sedan

Great car for the money!!!