2015 MINI Cooper Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Mini Cooper - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper model:

Most Helpful|
Love My MINI
By wareagle06

2015 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This car was originally not my first choice. I took one test drive and from that point I was hooked. I was looking for an every day driver that was also fun and I found it in the MINI. It really does have go-kart like handling. The interior is well built with quality materials. The performance is outstanding (I have the S model with the 2.0 twinpower turbo engine). What really sold me was the no cost maintenance.

Favorite Features

Toggle switch start, auto off, automatic headlights, rain sensing wipers.

Suggested Improvements

Bluetooth audio streaming should be a standard feature. I have bluetooth for my phone calls but not for audio.

2015 Mini Cooper S
By stewy_33

2015 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have 2015 Mini Cooper S 2 door with the 6 speed step-tronic Automatic. For getting around town the Mini is tough to beat. The car is equipped with an engine shut off when you come to a complete stop (you can disable this if you want) its a great fuel saver. The three modes you can part the car into actually have charter in each mode. In sport mode the comes alive and you can hear the waste gate working and the blow off valve chirping. Also the exhaust has a back fire rumble to it. In a few round about circles I had an issue with "flying objects"... this car handles like a go kart and anything not secured or in the glove box can go flying and hit the door/window!!!

Favorite Features

A cleaver option that I do have is the center armrest included in my media package. Inside the center armrest is a smartphone holder. My I phone fits like a glove and is really secure in their. By far the handling of the car is outstanding. In the round about circles I actually had a guy in a Ford Fusion trying to stay with me, his line was good but he was under steereing badly. He almost whacked the curb on the outside realizing he couldn't run with the Mini in the tight corners. Another thing I like is how the rear seats fold down and the tray in the "trunk" can be moved to be level with the folded down seats. With this it also increases the amount of stuff you can get in that space.

Suggested Improvements

One thing that I would like to change is when you shut the car off the last mode you were viewing resets and you have to hit a button to select it again. Another small thing I didn't like is some of the menu options you can view for extra car data (for example previous mpg on the last tank) can't be set to a quick button on the media player. I actually have to flip through all the menu's again to find it. So my small issues are with the media package

DON'T BUY
By bmiller89

2015 MINI Cooper S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My 2015 s hardtop with 500 miles needed a new trans because it kept popping out of first gear, i complained and they gave me a new car now the new one is doing the same thing! I it unsafe and not drivable. I almost got into an accident trying to make a left hand turn! MINI has no idea why it failed and just replaced it with the same part number and have no better solution i wish i never bout this car! Don't waste you money save it for something safer that will STAY IN GEAR!!

Suggested Improvements

figure out why your transmissions are failing and give your consumers a safe reliable car instead of a huge piece of junk