Used 2013 MINI Cooper Countryman Wagon Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 MINI Cooper Countryman Wagon - Consumer Reviews

2013 MINI Cooper Countryman Wagon

View reviews for a specific Cooper Countryman model:

"Celebrity Status In My Mini"
By Gregg Arbeene

2013 MINI Cooper Countryman Wagon S 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Where ever I go, people ( women, men and kids! ) rave how good looking my mini is!!! I love this car!

Gotta love MINI but hate MINI problems
By sam

2013 MINI Cooper Countryman Wagon S ALL4 4dr Wagon AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Always been a huge fan of MINI but I've literally had so many problems with this car. Something went wrong when they designed it and even MINI mechanic told me that BMW parts aren't great. It's an awesome car but so not reliable. So far...the wheel bearings went, clutch, fly wheel, fuel pump and spark plugs. My car has 43k miles and none of this really should be happening. Did I get a lemon? Not sure...MINI seems to blame quality of parts. Some things were recalled...just been frustrating. When a MINI mechanic tells you this is typical...you know something is up. I wish they were reliable.

Love Mini's but...
By Ralph Ciccarelli

2013 MINI Cooper Countryman Wagon S ALL4 4dr Wagon AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love Mini's. I have had 5, two currently. I traded a Clubman S to get this Countryman SALL4. I wanted a little more ground clearance for snow and taking kayaks to the rivers and lakes. I wanted to keep a low throw to the roof because I have to put one or two 45lb kayaks up there. The Countryman had virtually all the right characteristics with AWD, low roof, good clearance and four doors for guests.

The car drives great and is very comfortable. I just got vinyl seats because of wet clothes from snow and kayaking. They are surprisingly comfortable and nearly perfect for me. Vision is great, driving is solid and sporty and close to regular Mini's. It has a bit more of a big-car feel at about 3300lb but that's not bad.

Here is the significant negative. I just got it back from the shop this week with a new engine at 14200 miles. I have low mileage because I have three cars. one of which is a company-work car. I went in for an oil change and the rear main seal was leaking. They called it "crank lock" and I did not go over it in detail with the technician ,although I wanted to. I am fascinated by engineering.

In any case the dealership was fantastic. They were courteous and kept me up to speed on the pace of the repairs. I asked if it was a common problem or manufacturer defect and they said it did not seem so. However, I see another review here by another guy who had an engine replaced at low mileage, too. I smell a recall in the future.

So, here's the summary. Mini's are fun, sporty, urban-cool and urban-practical to the max. They drive well and do everything just as I would hope. However, they are hit or miss, with a lot of misses on reliability. Understand, I love Mini's. I am in a Mini Cooper club but I have to be straight on the reviews because I use these reviews extensively myself.

Not one other thing has gone wrong but the engine is a big deal and I think they said they replaced the water pump at the same time. So, if you consider one of these my best advice is be sure they are under warranty when you buy.

MINI gives the Maxi
By Fred DeWald

2013 MINI Cooper Countryman Wagon S ALL4 4dr Wagon AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Don't expect super luxury or technology.....although both are OK. Expect a fun driving experience; expect people asking you about your car as it's a bit unique. Good overall interior room......seats 5 which is good for a small car. Fun to own and drive.

Love my little mini!
By minilover5982

2013 MINI Cooper Countryman Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I was looking for a car that would be perfect for my family if 3 but still work if we decide to have another child. My husband and I were both astonished by the room in the backseat! He could sit back there no problem and he's 6'3. I knew I wanted a suv but I wanTed something not too bulky. This fit the bill and then some. The sound is good so I won need to replace anything and I love how the keyless entry is standard. It's a joy to drive and my husband and I fight over the drivers seat. Even my 7 year old thinks mommy has a cool car. We don't drive to work so I doubt we will have much engine problems and it's keeps the gas cheap. Wasn't a fan to find out it takes premium gas.

Keyless entry. Push to start. panoramic sunroof. Spacious cargo space. Acceleration is fab. Easy to park!