Used 2013 MINI Cooper Countryman Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 MINI Cooper Countryman Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cooper Countryman model:

Love my little mini!
By minilover5982

2013 MINI Cooper Countryman Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

I was looking for a car that would be perfect for my family if 3 but still work if we decide to have another child. My husband and I were both astonished by the room in the backseat! He could sit back there no problem and he's 6'3. I knew I wanted a suv but I wanTed something not too bulky. This fit the bill and then some. The sound is good so I won need to replace anything and I love how the keyless entry is standard. It's a joy to drive and my husband and I fight over the drivers seat. Even my 7 year old thinks mommy has a cool car. We don't drive to work so I doubt we will have much engine problems and it's keeps the gas cheap. Wasn't a fan to find out it takes premium gas.

Keyless entry. Push to start. panoramic sunroof. Spacious cargo space. Acceleration is fab. Easy to park!

This was my dream car
By lizzy_2005

2013 MINI Cooper Countryman Wagon S ALL4 4dr Wagon AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Emphasis on was. I have owned this car for just under 1 year, less then 10k miles on it and already having major issues that I haven't experienced with any other car brand. AC and acceleration are both having issues. There is an oil leak that is a manufacturer defect that they cant pin-point. The AV jack takes the perfect amount of TLC to function. The dealership I took it in to service for makes the whole experience even worse. Over all the quality and craftsmanship make this car not worth the price. This car is a absolute joy to drive but I am not sure it is worth it. Maybe a good car to rent but with my experience I will not buy another MINI.

Center speedometer, like the classic Austin MINI. Cold weather package- heated seats. All wheel drive handles really well in snow and bad weather. Fun and responsive handling.

Fix the known manufacturer defects that are common in MINI's or lower the price. Improve quality of the engineering.

Poor Clutch Design
By dhtchk

2013 MINI Cooper Countryman Wagon S 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I've owned 7 manual cars over my lifetime. My year old MC Countryman S 2013's clutch never felt quite right, especially on hills. I learned this past week how wrong it is --and that MC knows this and does not have a fix. I was stuck in a mile of stop and go traffic --ON A HILL. By 1/3 of the way up, the clutch was burning and smoking and I had tremendous difficulty getting to the top safely. Although the burn smell lingered for another week, the clutch performed fine after that --no smoking no slipping. I finally took it into the dealer to check it out. Bottom line: Countryman clutches smoke on hills; expect it to burn out; hopefully it'll do so within warranty period. YIKES.

Engineer a clutch that can actually support the weight of the Countryman and retrofit it to all Countrymans!

Simply the best bang for your buck.
By ijeremy

2013 MINI Cooper Countryman Wagon 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl 6M)

In this price range you're faced with a dreary econo-box, stripped out sedan or something else uninspired. My main goal when purchasing a brand new car was something with space, great gas mileage and FUN to drive. The Countryman checks every box and then some! Don't get me wrong... There are other cars in this segment that are great value, but the Countryman is the only one you'll take a second look at when you're walking away from it in a parking lot. Why not have your cake and eat it too?!

Heated leather, snappy gear-change, TONS of space considering the dimensions, great handling, MPG's, Bluetooth as standard.

A little more power would be welcomed, but revving the nuts off of it constantly is sorta' the idea!

FUn to drive
By rvanurse

2013 MINI Cooper Countryman Wagon S 4dr Wagon (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Handles like a dream and good mpg's for a sporty taller carlike "SUV. Perfect ride height, plenty of interior space. Power and accelerator feel are excellent. Get the S, get the manuel 6 speed and you will not be disappointed. Take good care of it and maintain it and it will take care of you for years to come and you will have so much fun. This is my second mini-cooper purchase and I have owned all brands. In my opinion this is one of the most satisfying mini coopers. Also HK system rocks if you can spring for it!

S model, panoramic sunroof, MPG's, refined smooth BMW like drive and power feel.

Rear visibility improvement, back up camera std.