2006 Mercury Grand Marquis - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Marquis model:
beware....its a ford
By nveragain on 04/24/13 11:25 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Convenience 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

purchased the car in 2007 with 10K miles on it. after 2 years, the "blend" apparatus required replacement. ( this is the little door that opens and closes to give you cool or warm air.) that was a 1K repair and after 2 attempts, have still not succeeded in putting the dash back together correctly. today I learned that one of fords most reliable models requires a new intake manifold. this vehicle has 92K miles on it. have read many forums about this problem however this was supposed to have been corrected in 2005. NOT!! so if you're planning on purchasing a ford or mercury with a 4.6L this will cost you around 1200. will be going back to Honda later this year......

Fits my personality
By css140058 on 11/17/12 00:28 AM (PST)

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I truly love this car. Comfort, Size, Safety, Reliability, Decent MPG, Easy to read controls, feels like I am driving my couch down the road.

Great Car, but We need Ford's Help
By Max Walker on 12/15/09 19:08 PM (PST)

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car drives great,looks good, is comfortable and well built over all. There are thousands of people who share this view. Ford please do something to quiet some of these radical critics who make fun of this great vehicle. The more people are made to believe this propaganda, the more our resale value for the vehicle falls.

Kids call it my GEEZER
By WAM on 09/30/09 18:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Love my Ultimate got T-boned in a 2005 walked away unharmed can't say same for guy who ran red light. Safety and a good large American car built with good steel kept me in good shape. Went next day to same dealer and he put me in a 2006 for my insurance check. Recommend business with Rich Morton of Annapolis any day. Car is comfortable for a big guy like me at 260lbs and my wife at 115lbs and at my age in sales I don't need to impress anyone with wasteful spending.

so far it's been great !!
By me on 06/23/09 19:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Premium 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I had a '97 buick lesabra which was just ok. but after driving the Grand M. i was blowwn away & may still trade in for an older Marauder. much more leg & body room for a large guy. v-8 rwd. alot better then the v-6 fwd. I don't think ford will keep this platform after '08-'09. Too bad. On the down side rear seat leg room is small but i like the big trunk.

ignore the negative consumer reports
By Haystack on 03/05/09 06:24 AM (PST)

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Convenience 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

these consumer report guys are cracked! I get an average of 23mpg just driving it to and from work. They say thats the max. on the highway I have recorded a max average for that tank of gas 28.3 mpg (maintaining a steady 65mph for extended period of time with minamal non-freeway driving) This particular trip, I filled up in Beloit,WI and didn't fill up again until Rolla,MO; mapquest it to see how many miles!

Mixed bag
By Joe Woelfel on 10/29/08 07:16 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The exterior styling and colors were very nice. I would choose something other than a light color interior. It shows low mileage wear badly. Great performance. Mediocre mileage both highway and city. Lots of road noise in the interior.

Exactly what I need
By Bill on 09/13/08 06:16 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

True, this car is't cutting edge. The '06 is my 2nd one, the other was a '98.The stiffer chassis and rack and pinion steering on the newer models create a more satisfying driving experience. The car is floaty and large, but I am on the road six days a week, and cover about 4,000 miles a month. This car is my office and home away from home. I bought is certified pre-owned for almost nothing, as depreciation is poor on these cars. Never would I have bought one new, but is it a huge bargain used. I had a Chrysler 300C. It was pretty and powerful... and a piece of junk. For a functional tank that won't let you down, you can't do better than these dinosaurs.

Great Used car Value with decent MPG
By Mark on 09/02/08 16:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Seats 6 (not on long trips however) and averages 23 mpg. Great trunk space. Reliability is one of the best and even beats a lot of Japanese luxury cars as noted by consumer reports and JD Power surveys. Highway cruising is the way it should be. Beats SUV and most crossovers for mileage and mine has traction control for winter driving ( I don't really need 4 wheel drive on paved roads). I bought it used very cheap because no one wants a v8 right now. Great choice for the used car buyer! Everyone thinks it's a geezer car (I'm only 42 and perfect for my family). Radio isn't powerful enough (maybe made for geezers). Pronounced wind noise and steering vibration.

The Grand
By mm on 04/02/08 17:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis LS Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this 06 LS to replace a V6 Chevy. The Merc has such comfy leather seats, big roomy interior and a huge trunk. This car is so quiet that when I test drove it I thought the engine wasn't even running when I stopped at a red light. On the highway mpg is about 25-28 which is remarkable for a big car. The design is old school but safety played another important role in buying this car as its RWD and full frame instead of unibody. Most people call these granny cars, but I like the style and comfort, plus it gets me where I'm going safely and with my factory chrome-plated rims it shows a bit of flair too.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.