Used 2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SLK-Class model:

Good Weekend Fun Car
By ziblebot

2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK32 AMG 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

My wife and I purchased our SLK 32 last year as a fun car. Being a 11 yr old car, we use it about 5-7K miles a year driving it on nice days. So far we have been pleased with this car. The only negative issue is the center console being scratched up and worn. Otherwise a really clean car.

I love my SLK
By JMills

2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK320 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I thought a review of a 6 year old SLK320 might be helpful to people. All of the '98 to '02 SLK's had an issue with paint peeling on the center console. Other than that my SLK looks like it rolled off the assembly line yesterday. I have never seen a car that has aged this well, bar none. Outside paint still lives up to its name 'Brilliant Silver'. Everything about the car is tight and solid. My last car was a Corvette so I am not new to performance cars and this one is a winner. No, it doesnt have the off the line grunt of a Corvette. It is more along the lines of european sports cars, in other words spectacular handling, very good road manners and comfort levels and exciting top end speed.

Retractable hardtop, and the looks my car gets everywhere.

Single CD player inside

SLK32 AMG
By darren

2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK32 AMG 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

I love this car. It's addictive to drive, and the power is awesome. Concerns about acceleration are never an issue. The interior looks a little old, and not all that expensive. The CD changer (which is an option) skips if you hit a pothole and the ride translates uneven road surfaces. But this is a sports car, so you should expect that. The car feels well built and drives wonderfully. The only thing I dont like about the cars driving dynamics would be the steering. It's a bit clunky, and isn't as precise as it should be. The steering wheel is also a little big, and doesnt tilt. It's a great car, if you want something that can take on a Corvette, and that is understated.

Hardtop, Supercharged V6 and 349hp. Handsome classic good looks that will age well.

Steering feel. Harshness over bumps. CD changer in deck. Interior furnishings

MB SLK great Car
By Bobby

2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK230 Kompressor 2dr Convertible (2.3L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I owned a Mazda Miata prior to this Mercedes and worried about the reliability of this vehicle. However, the car has been great and I now have almost 50,000 miles on it and it is a pleasure to drive and fun when top is down on a nice day. I love the fact that the roof is solid and that I don't have to worry about the snow causing any damage to the interior. The car is also great in snow with the snow tires that I purchased only a few months after I fist got the car. All in all, I would say that I love this car and that it has served me quite well.

Hard top but still a drop top!

Beautiful Lines
By Linda

2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK320 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This is my third MB and the nicest looking by far. I bought it basically for the ease of the retractable hardtop. The trunk is small, but adequate for trips to the grocery store. I would rather have a single disc CD player than the optional 6 disc in the trunk. Pickup is not as responsive as the 230SLK supercharged which I previously owned. I like the interior features better on the 320 though, with the wood grain treatments. Definitely not a family car, just a fun short trip vehicle. Gets about 18 miles per gallon with city driving and 29 miles per gallon exclusively highway. Great car for me, but I only do about 5K a year.

Hard top retractable.

Offer the 320 with the supercharger like the 230. It would be more fun to drive.

• SUV