2007 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Consumer Review: Great ride

2007 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class - Consumer Review

SL550 Convertible (5.5L V8 7-speed Automatic)

Great ride
By Rocket on

2007 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL550 2dr Convertible (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I just bought this SL550 for my wife. What a beautiful car. She wanted a sports car and I would not let her drive my Z8 :-) This car is such a nice all around car. It had about 8K miles on it and is 2.5 years old and like another mentioned about 50% of initial MSRP. It was a certified MB so we got a additional 2 year 50K warranty on top of the existing warranty. The car is built like a tank and has plenty of power. It is no Z8 but a much better every day car and tourer and quite the luxury cruiser. We could have spent $60K on a new Corvette GS or the same on this TT&L and it was a no brainer.

Hardtop convertible, great smooth, powerful motor, safety, great looks,, fine handling for such a heavy car. Built like a tank and extremely refined. Getting good gas mileage for such a heavy car with about 400 HP. GREAT VISIBILITY out the rear and sides.

The tilt steering wheel needs to move further up to access entry. I hit my knees when getting in. It may be that mine needs to be looked into.