1995 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:
I wish they still made this car!!!
By The Best Car Ever! on 09/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S320 LWB 4dr Sedan

We have owned our S320 LWB MBZ for 15 years this car has been solid reliable and great on fuel( strait 6cyl is a bit underpowered until u gear down and get the tranny involved). SINCE warranty,we have replaced;wiring harness, and the AC was not blowing out the vents that someone else mentioned but it was NOT 4K to fix.New head liner and the radio antenna and just recently struts($900) and catalytic converter, front suspension from wear and tear but I don't think u can fault the car for that. Also some window switches and now the left rear door window motor is out. Rear AC vent and some makeup mirror hinges have broken. This car still rides like a dream and has so many quality features!!

Land Yacht
By JamesT on 05/30/10 02:19 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S600 4dr Sedan

Purchased new and maintained meticulously through the dealership. No worn out parts or service necessary, just preventative maintenance over the years. For a V12 this vehicle performs like it should; excellent fuel mileage for 12 cyl 3.5 ton car and amazing amenities. Rides nice drives nice still feels like new every day at almost 302k miles :) I recommend Mercedes to anyone!

95 S420 my dream come true
By S420 ON 20$ on 05/05/10 19:51 PM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S420 4dr Sedan

I just bought a 95 s420 for real cheap. I was gonna buy a 96 e320 but saw & test drove it & fell in love with it ! i brought it home & changed tranny fluids & added 2 qt of LUCAS OIL it made such a difference! then i got rid of the stock intake system & replaced it with a cold air intake filter directly on the intake throttle feel hear that & LET THAT engine BREATH

I Love This Car!
By $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ on 04/07/10 17:44 PM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S320 SWB 4dr Sedan

This car is wonderful. I bought this with a 175,000 miles and she runs like new. I'm so particular about my car but everything works. I'm happy

This car is before its time!
By Anwar on 04/02/10 22:28 PM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S500 4dr Sedan

I bought my s500 with 182,000 miles on it and quickly added 10,000 miles within a month. this is a great solid car. i bought it with a few problems but once i gave it a tune up(new starter,spark plugs, oil change to ROYAL PURPLE and spark plug wires) this car ran smoother than a baby's bottom. I drove up and down i95 in and out of town with no problem. A 30 min trip on this car feels like a 10 min trip especially on the open road my foot always seems to sink into the pedal and i end up doing 100+ mph without noticing at all! lol. GREAT CAR! I bought it and invested a few dollars and sold it 10,000 miles later because GAS was to much! a v12 using Diesel would of been cheaper!

Built Without Regard To Expense
By John Throbs on 01/17/10 06:54 AM (PST)

1995 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S500 4dr Sedan

Love the car. It's like driving a fast, well handling, exceedingly comfortable tank. Mine has not had any problems, but I bought it with 50K miles on it and it had a complete service log showing that all maintenance had been done. These cars have two flaws: The a/c evaporator can go out, and it is a $4K, dash out job to replace it, and the engine wiring harness can deteriorate, which is a $1,500 job to replace. Make sure the car you're buying has had these two repairs done to it and you will be fine.

Old Reliable
By andy on 07/29/05 10:47 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S320 SWB 4dr Sedan

This vehicle has been terrific to own and drive. It is comfortable and extremely reliable. I have only had one major repair, when the condenser went bad after 8 years. Beyond that, virtually all that has been needed is routine maintainence. The vehicle is roomy inside, and has a very large trunk. I have put on 186K miles and have never had a problem with either the engine or transmission.

Luxury Liner
By ar on 07/12/05 11:24 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S420 4dr Sedan

This 95' is a dream come true. ibought it brand new off the lot in 05' and all I can say is "they just don't make like this anymore"! Lots of people complain about the fuel mileage, but I get 20+mpg, and better on the highway. This car was built 10 years ago! They really new what they were doing when they built this car. It is solid as a rock, and drives like dream!

Vehicle to remember
By EDEXPRESS on 06/15/05 18:47 PM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S420 4dr Sedan

This vehicle rides wonderfully and gets approx 20mpg, which is great for a car of this size. My only gripe is the persistant problems with the closing assist system, I have replaced 3 window motors and the AC went bad at 45k miles. I expect less petty yet expensive repairs from a car of this class.

Living Room On Wheels
By Benz560 on 02/28/05 00:15 AM (PST)

1995 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S420 4dr Sedan

So far so good! I have had very limited problems with it, It needed a new radiator,vacuum assist pump, and a transmission flush. Great car!