2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Not worth it
By jonnie on 06/30/10 10:06 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

This car is very unreliable. Something is always breaking down. The electric wiring is messed up. First the car shut off on the freeway-no reason. Then the trunk broke and would not lock, speakers went out, then the lighter went out so I can't charge my phone during driving. Then the brake lights have been going out on & off since I've had it. Finally my drivers side lock went out -causing the alarm to go off while driving and while parked. I've been a fool and taken it in to the Arcadia dealership to be fixed which has only cost thousands of dollars. This last estimate ~$700 for a $125 part. They told me their technicians are trained that's why they charge so much. please! Never buy Mercedes. :(

Quality and service..or lack of
By Dietmar on 11/06/07 20:00 PM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

Car was not prpared properly. and pulled to the right, Dealer said he could not repair the alignment unless the customer complained. Several item, such as the automatic tempeature control not working--it was not calibrated at the factory. The automatic transmission leaked because a gasket was used that was not compatble with the fluit. The proper gasket was of a different color and the situation could have been corrected while the car was in for service. MBUSA told me that they do not repair it until it actually leaks. Remember we have a situstion here where we know it WILL LEAK it is only a question of when. For a company like Mercedes, this shure is a lousy attitude, Next car: BMW

Great car!!
By Tim on 09/01/05 15:06 PM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

This car is amazing in every way. This car has great stability, the steering is very comunative. It responds very good on emergency handling. The ride is comfortable on long trips and it gets good mileage. The bi- xenon lights make the car looks like a beast (in a good way) when you look at it. The trunk is good but not like my wifes E320(great car also). And it also brakes good

A big dissapointment
By Carol Braester on 10/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

My car is C240 Elegantmodel 2001. The troubles I had with this car were: After one year I had to change the original battery. After driving 30,000 km only, had to change the very expensive controlers M 209 545 07 01 and M 203 820 15 85. After a total of 40,000 km I had to change again very expensive parts: the pedal complet sensor M 203 300 01 04 and the oxigen sensor M 001 540 46 17. DaimlerChrysler AG70546 Stuttgart (Möhringen)Germany, the manufacturer, avoided replying to my complains and directed me to the dealer.

Bang for the buck
By Phil40 on 10/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

My c240 is a 2002.Great car for the price.An affordable luxury car with a lot of amenities. The c240 runs and rides like cars of a bigger size. The mileage is excellent, as I have attained 23/24 mpg city and a surprising 32 mpg highway. The 240 takes turns and curves with ease and is very smooth. The engine is highly responsive when the demand is put upon it.After owning this car for 2.5 years, it is like getting into a new car every time. Would not hesitate purchasing this product again.

worst vehicle purchase
By Quincy on 09/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

This car needed lots of attention, it liked the shop very much because it stayed in there. This car had more warranty claims then all the cars i have had put together. On top of that the service dept was no better, poor customer service, no communication, voice mail runs the shop, they give you Toyota loaners, huuummmhh. They return your car in worst condition then when you dropped it off, grease, finger prints, smudge.....I could go on and on..

CFP Motors, LTD
By Ron Sumlar on 07/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

A very outstanding vehicle and fun to drive.

Best Car to Purchase!
By Quinten on 06/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

This car speaks for itself. Nice horsepower, comfort, all the little toy gadgets to keep you occupied while enjoying everything in comfort. Favorite gadgets includes air climate control, controling radio volume/station selection/changing views to see on speedometer from the steering wheel. Also the sunscreen in the rearwindow as well as the cd player. The best part of it all is the ride. Don't let this car fool you its the greatest

my rate
By haylee on 03/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

i really like this car my family loves to drive this car we love to go on vacation with our benz.

2003 240 "C" Class
By GSF on 02/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have driven the C240 for 9 months without any problems. It is fun to drive, quiet, smooth, responsive, and the controls are very ergonomic and intuitive. We really enjoy the car....what is there not to like?