2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:
Disappointing Car
By koehnsf on 09/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

This car is very fun to drive when it is working. We have almost 30 pages of service records in 2 1/2 years. We tried to get Mercedes to buy this car back, but no luck. Then the dealer offered us well below retail on a trade in. It has been in the shop 13 times--phone has never worked right, a/c broke twice, fuel gauge, windows, rear screen, etc. etc. Our dealer (Stead Walnut Creek) had treated us with contempt. We have been told by a Lemon Law attorney that they fight every single claim to trial, which is obviously worth the effort to a small minority of people. We are done with Mercedes forever!

Common Thread - Electronics
By lga1808 on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased my 2001 C240 new and drove less then 5,000/yr. In that time, every electronic system in the car that could fail did so. My dealer was as helpful as they could be and, after 1-1/2 yrs of nearly monthly repairs, suggested I request Mercedes assist me in replacing the car. It took six months but after two letters from me and the support of my dealership, Mercedes helped me financially to replace the car with a new 2003 C240. I am delighted with the new car - absolutely no problems to date - knock wood! Unlike the first car, the new one has controls that work the first time. Time will tell but so far, I am very pleased with the new C240.

Disappointed
By dmatuszak on 08/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle has been nothing but problems after month 12 of ownership. I have been to the dealer 15 times in the past 2years to fix electrical issues. Will never buy another MB.

Love the car, BUT!
By suewelch on 07/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Love all the cool features, gadgets, style and performance, BUT the reliability with the electronics are very disappointing... something's always "broken" and the dealer usually is unable to duplicate. Do you think we invent the fact that it has a problem????

Mercedes doesn't Care
By Bad News Mercedes on 07/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

No quality customer service here and Mercedes doesn't stand behind the car. Brakes are soft and need replacing often(they suggest every 10-14000 miles). Dealerships aren't knowledgeable enough to do repairs(they nicked my leather, dented the hood and roof top, scratched the wood grain) and denied they did it. Don't buy from Mercedes..honda,toyota,nissan,bmw...anyone else is better.

what a lemon
By cfoore on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Advice- if you're looking for a used vehicle- move on. This car is a real lemon. I've called the national customer service but received the well rehearsed--- "it's only our obligation to fix your car under the terms of the warrenty". I asked for a review of my file and was told by a Ms. Clarke "that's not how its done. "contact your deealership". implied-- we,ve got your money now sucker-- where's our incentive to help you? The car has had 2 transmission leaks in 2 years and vaious other electrical or engine problems totaling 20 visits for non- routine visits.

NEVER NEVER NEVER AGAIN!
By Never Never Again! on 07/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

Mercedes advertises as a luxury vehicle- they should also advertise as don't give a crap customer service!This car is way overpriced.Have been to several dealerships for warranty work and not one of them has ever done a good job.It's the same thing time after time. When I called Mercedes to complain they said that each dealer is independent and that they have no control!What a load of crap! Toyota,Nissan,Honda care-even BMW.We need to get the word out about Mercedes so people will quit buying and the company will be forced to comply with consumers needs.I tried to trade this car in-even with factory warranty no one wants it.Don't buy Mercedes!

BETTER THEN BMW 330i
By Arash Valaei on 06/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

BMW just can't keep up with this car. Don't waste your money, the C320 is better thenthe rest of the competition.

c240 always in the shop
By rws3 on 06/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C240 4dr Sedan (2.6L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my C240 for 28 months now and it has had 21 repairs done on it. Bought the car in Arlington, Va and now live in Scottsdale, AZ. My attempt to get MB to take back this car and get me into another MB car have failed. I'm very dissapointed in the reliability of this car and second, that the mfg. won't stand behind their product.The problems: electrical, sunroof motor, power seat motor, door wouldn't open from the inside, fuel gauge wouldn't read accurately (this one is especially great with a wife and two month old daughter) and more electrical problems! Wish I would have bought the BMW.

great disappointment
By bad car owner on 05/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C320 4dr Sedan (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

car is just horrible. i have visited two dealerships and still the car is not up to mercedes or for that matter any other manufacturers standards. problems in all areas; electrical, mechanical, heck the inside door pull came off in my hand.in 25 months have visited dealerships about 14 times. thanks but no thanks for the "fine" service. stay away from this vehicle it really is terrible