Used 1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific C-Class model:

c230 1999
By Klarent Ngjelo

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 4dr Sedan

I had this for 3years no big problem just I 've changed flex disc , break light switch, oil every 5000 mile ,gas premium 91,wiper motor stoped working but was easy to fixed by my self ,I have cleaned mas sensor . It's a good car.

Going on my 5th MBZ
By Tom

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 4dr Sedan

I just bought a 1999 C230 Sedan Kompressor with less than 69k miles, in great condition internal/external. Apart from a little cricket noise the car is perfect. I've owned a 2001 coupe C230 Kompressor and I prefer the sedan for its solid stance and build quality. I've owned 4 others E, TD, E4matic and very happy with all of them. I regret selling them - think this time will be a keeper.

Design and build quality. Great radio (not a Bose) but it can get to all the stations even as far away as San Diego (150 miles from my house).

A larger or functional cup holders for front and back seat.

Great car
By Winnie

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 4dr Sedan

This is a great car. The drive is just as tight at 310,000 miles as it was the day I drove it off the showroom. It is such fun to drive.The handling is very predictable and secure. Whenever I drive a new rental car even with newer "bells and whistles"it pales in comparison. My only regret is that after 11 years I'm going to have to get another car.

Quick powerful acceleration, fun to drive, reliable.

Heating control for back seat passengers, power front passenger seats, back-up mirrors.

Wish I could give this a good rating
By lynnz

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car new and I will give it one thing- it is a lot of fun to drive. However, I have invested nearly $8,000 in repairs in the last 4 years.(starter,gas tank,ball joints,ac compressor,suspension breakage, etc,etc). It is always garaged and has had to have a lot of body work because of rust problems. The dashboard looks like a lit Christmas tree! I've taken good care of this car, but just can't wait for another $1500 repair to occur. I will never buy another Mercedes- period. They're too expensive to repair. I've owed 3- Series BMW's that were more reliable.

It handles well and is just a fun car to drive.

Body integrity, ability to repair outside of the Mercedes dealership, cost of repair parts.

Great Liitle Benz
By Skipper

1999 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Sedan C230 4dr Sedan

Bought this year with 74,000 mile on it. Extremely fun to drive, looks new inside & out, runs great. It's a classy, classic design and has rec'd many favorable comments.

performance, ride, handling