Used 2004 Mazda Tribute Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mazda Tribute - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:

Tribute to my Tribute
By karen6036

2004 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Just turned 20,000 miles on my 2003 Tribute. Other than car washes, gas, oil changes, one wheel balancing, and insurance, I have spent no money on this vehicle. NO WARRANTEE repairs either. I would like better gas mileage, but I actually get 18.9 - 19.3 around town and 24.5 - 25.3 on strickly highway driving.

Heated seats, ABS, sunroof, and it uses regular gas, not the premium grades

headlights that automatically turn off, climate control, and sound system like the Millenum had. Seats with automemory and an outside temp sensor would be nice. Had to buy better car mats

GOT A LEMON
By jnetk

2004 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a new 2004 Tribute LX on Thursday and had to be towed to the dealership the following Tuesday. With only 340 miles on it - it has to have a new transmission. The dealership had to call the engineers in California to find out what was wrong. I've now been without it for 8 days. The dealership is real nice and is furnishing me a rental car but oooooh I wish I had my 1999 Ford Taurus back! (duh! I traded IT in) There's no telling how long I will be without it. I'm sick!!!

I didn't get to drive it long enough to pick any.

Be more reliable and dependable.

I love to zoom
By Tiger Copy

2004 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have to say this SUV is all that I wanted. It is so fun to drive and the V6 has the get up and go! I am glad I got the 2004 model because Mazda is changing the 4WD to all the time 4WD in 2005 and I did not want that. I want to be able to turn it on when I need it. I didn't think I could afford this SUV but I was wrong. The dealership I went to was so easy to work with. Go take a test drive yourself and zoom zoom!

The 4WD is disenageable by the driver. I control when it is on and off. The contorls are all within reach!

It did take me a while to get use to the gear shifter being on the steering cloumn. I think Mazda has moved that to in between the front seats but then you lose lots of storage comparments. I'm very happy with my 2004!

What A Great Ride and Performance!
By Mr M

2004 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have only owned this car (truck) for a month and I just wished I had bought one sooner! I truly find this Mazda a Joy to drive! It handles great and has Power to keep up and run away from most cars! I love my Stereo with the 7 speakers and 6 CD player. If anyone knows about a Tribute car club in the New England area please drop me a line. Thank you and Happy Driving everyone!

Stereo, Sunroof, Wheels, Console, Rear Hatch with Glass gate that opens! (Try and find that on a Pilot!)

Place spare tire under the car. Make a better storage area in rear.

A GREAT DECISION! WOOHOO!
By FlyFisherman

2004 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

So glad I bought this Mazda Tribute! It has served me well and most of all is EASY to drive...what a joy. The mileage is fair/good, absolutely love the firm bucket seats that help with my back problem. Great cargo room, fold down seats rule! The stereo kicks...go for the updgraded stereo, its worth it! Great roadhandling features and in New England here the 4x4 is the smoothest I have ever experienced. Thanks for a great vehicle!

Stereo!! Great seats..COMFY!

Move that shift lever please :-)