Used 2004 Mazda Tribute Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mazda Tribute - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tribute model:

Mazda Tribute ES-V6 4x4
By cphuey

2004 Mazda Tribute ES-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Purchase my Mazda Tribute from a local Mazda dealer in the Mpls/St Paul area. Went to three different dealers, ended up going to back the 1st dealer. My Tribute is loaded, with leather, had 5000 miles on it demo. I have driven in the cities daily, and to the Black Hills. The SUV sticks to the road even the wind. Engine has pently of power for SUV. It is does not feel like a big SUV in tight parking lots, crusing around the cities. Seats are very comfortable, good viewing all around the SUV.

V6 3.0 liter Engine, console, heated seats.

Gas Mileage, and the cruise control would stay within mile or two of the destinated speed, car tends to take off over hill peaks, and long downward hills

Surprising 2004 Mazda Tribute LX-A
By hughlock

2004 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This SUV is just plain old fun to drive. The steering is extremely responsive with no "center dead space" to limit reaction time. Some people have complained about the wind noise at high speeds; I suggest you test drive some of the other makers of SUV's and you will change your mind. The Tribute is an overall success at a great price. Mine was less than $20,000.

Responsive steering

My only complaint was resolved with the 2005 model with moving the gear shift to the console.

Tribute to my Tribute
By karen6036

2004 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Just turned 20,000 miles on my 2003 Tribute. Other than car washes, gas, oil changes, one wheel balancing, and insurance, I have spent no money on this vehicle. NO WARRANTEE repairs either. I would like better gas mileage, but I actually get 18.9 - 19.3 around town and 24.5 - 25.3 on strickly highway driving.

Heated seats, ABS, sunroof, and it uses regular gas, not the premium grades

headlights that automatically turn off, climate control, and sound system like the Millenum had. Seats with automemory and an outside temp sensor would be nice. Had to buy better car mats

GOT A LEMON
By jnetk

2004 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a new 2004 Tribute LX on Thursday and had to be towed to the dealership the following Tuesday. With only 340 miles on it - it has to have a new transmission. The dealership had to call the engineers in California to find out what was wrong. I've now been without it for 8 days. The dealership is real nice and is furnishing me a rental car but oooooh I wish I had my 1999 Ford Taurus back! (duh! I traded IT in) There's no telling how long I will be without it. I'm sick!!!

I didn't get to drive it long enough to pick any.

Be more reliable and dependable.

I love to zoom
By Tiger Copy

2004 Mazda Tribute LX-V6 4WD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have to say this SUV is all that I wanted. It is so fun to drive and the V6 has the get up and go! I am glad I got the 2004 model because Mazda is changing the 4WD to all the time 4WD in 2005 and I did not want that. I want to be able to turn it on when I need it. I didn't think I could afford this SUV but I was wrong. The dealership I went to was so easy to work with. Go take a test drive yourself and zoom zoom!

The 4WD is disenageable by the driver. I control when it is on and off. The contorls are all within reach!

It did take me a while to get use to the gear shifter being on the steering cloumn. I think Mazda has moved that to in between the front seats but then you lose lots of storage comparments. I'm very happy with my 2004!

• SUV