Used 1995 Mazda MX-3 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Mazda MX-3 - Consumer Reviews

Base 1.6L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (13 reviews )

Good Price, Great Car
By KCK

1995 Mazda MX-3 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car new February of '96. I've had very little problems with the mechanics of the vehicle. Mostly just routine maintenance (oil change, tires, battery) although earlier this year I did have to replace the right half shaft. It was only a $120 repair and considering I've had the vehicle for more than 7 years I'd say that's not bad. I will be in the market for a new car soon..but I'm not parting with my MX-3. I will probably keep it till it won't drive anymore and fix it up with a body kit or something next year.

price,interior,dash layout,size,reliability,handling

more power..when i purchased mine there weren't any V6s left..so I got stuck w/the 4 cylinder.i don't like having cup holder so close to the radio console.hatch rattles.

fun car
By Shanin

1995 Mazda MX-3 2dr Hatchback

I bought my car new in 96, it was a leftover from the previous year. I have had no problems at all and it is a blast to drive. It would be nice to have more power and a little softer ride, but the stiff ride makes for great handling. The only thing I didn't like is that it didn't come with a factory clear coat, so I had it repainted with clear coat. It's style is still more current then some 2003's

handling, styling

More power, bring it back to the line- up, it was a good mix of and Miata without the convertable

Mazda's forgotten sports car
By EntropysEdge

1995 Mazda MX-3 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car new in 1995. The looks and handling is what sold me and after 7 years, it still looks great (most people I know think it is a MUCH newer car, the usual guess is 1999 or 2000 model)It is the most reliable car I have ever owned, no problems at all in the entire time I've had it. The main difficulty that I've had is the lack of aftermarket support, making any improvements (such as trying to increase power, the one thing this car could use more of) a challenge.

I love this car's looks and handling. The interior(at least for the 1995 model year) is first rate as well, makes the car seem like its more expensive than it is.

Mazda, bring this car back! And when you do, give it more power!

Knigh Rider
By maverick

1995 Mazda MX-3 2dr Hatchback

The car is fun to drive. It is pretty fast on the street as well as on the hgihways. No major repairs except clutch replacement and shaft bar in 4 yrs.

Fun to drive.

Back seats need to be not to be so straight. Outer 'back' body needs work on design. Shift knob is too long. AC knobs do not have the shut off function individually.

A really reliable car
By Bill V

1995 Mazda MX-3 2dr Hatchback

I've had my MX3 since 95. Bought it new and it has been a great car. Other than normal stuff like brake pads, tires and oil changes the ONLY major fix was a new set of spark plug wires, which took the {bleeping} mechanic several attempts to trouble shoot so it cost more to fix than it should have. It has decent performance, but it's real strengths are handling, and the interior space/comfort. I have carried an entire Futon home in that car, and was able to close the back hatch! This car has been VERY reliable, like most pre-Ford Mazdas. (don't buy a Tribute, or a Ford Focus!) The interior is constructed from very high quality materials. Bill V.

handling & interior.