1994 Mazda MX-3 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MX-3 model:
Great Car!
By bengalbrad on 01/28/13 08:15 AM (PST)

1994 Mazda MX-3 GS 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car 5 years ago and it had over 140,000 miles on it. I have never had a serious problem with it. it's so much fun to drive. I highly recommend it to anyone. Great value, very reliable and great design.

Fantastic car
By johnathebar on 01/30/11 20:31 PM (PST)

1994 Mazda MX-3 GS 2dr Hatchback

My wife bought her MX3 GS new in 1994, and it still has under 40,000 miles on it and is still like a new car. Granted she has not put a lot of miles on it, and it is garaged all the time, but this has honestly been one of the absolute most trouble-free cars I've ever seen. Add to that that it is fun to drive, looks good, it's comfortable and relatively economical. After 18 years of ownership my wife still loves her MX3 and never even considers that she might want somethng newer. Only regular upkeep (oil changes, 1 set of tires, 2 batteries, 1 tune-up and we did the 60K scheduled maintenance at 30K just because of its age), and 1 minor repair (cracked air hose). Hard to beat

94' MX-3 GS
By Joe8888 on 05/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mazda MX-3 GS 2dr Hatchback

This is a great little v6 engine. I bought it used with 183,000kms and it now has 200,000.... i have not had a single engine related problem and it runs good and pulls hard. Also has original tranny, and at 200,000 kms, thats one good reason why imports are great and GM's SUCK !!!

economic yet sporty!
By resa on 10/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mazda MX-3 GS 2dr Hatchback

this car is SO fun to drive. while it has its fair share of mechanical issues and kinks. it is still incredibly reliable, and should last a longggg time if maintained properly. if you plan to buy this car do your research! mx-3.com has a tech forum which details most of the common problems found on this car. most of the problems are minor. that aside, the car is zippy, its sporty, and its FUN. it handles like its on a RAIL. not only that it gets good mileage, and it's easy to maintain. i wouldn't trade my mx-3 in for anything out there today! :)

Gas Milage Joy Ride
By Jerald on 07/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mazda MX-3 2dr Hatchback

I have had my Mx-3 for a year now and I have had nothing but fun with it. The only real work done to it was the usual water pump and timing belt replacement. The car is economical and sporty at the same time. I love the gas milage compared to the typical gas hogs. I would suggest this car to anyone, especially those looking for a car you don't see everyday.

Reliable
By nowimnothing on 05/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mazda MX-3 2dr Hatchback

This car is very reliable with a unique look and a good balance of pickup and power while maintaining 25- 30 mpg. I replaced a rusted muffler at around 50k miles, both CV joints at around 60k miles and the roters and pads at around 73k miles. I consider all of those to be standard maintenance.

Excellent Car
By lumbaka on 12/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Mazda MX-3 2dr Hatchback

I've had an mx-3 for a couple years now and like it very much.

94 MX-3 GS
By Budwilson on 11/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Mazda MX-3 GS 2dr Hatchback

Awesome little car!! One of the best cars one can buy for bang for the buck. A total blast to drive. Very fast and very quick.

AWESOME CAR!!!
By CynthiaC on 10/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mazda MX-3 2dr Hatchback

This car is great!! Handles well both in the rain or snow. In fact it makes it hard for one to trade it in! But people often hit the front of the car (SUVs) due to it sits so low. Needs more power but not much to maintain! Costly for repairs or maintance but worth it. I'm not looking forward to replacing this car... Great first car or just driving.

Love to Drive
By David Smith on 10/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mazda MX-3 2dr Hatchback

This car is fun to drive, and believe me I love to drive it.