soo much car for your money!
By jrabakker on
2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
I was going to buy a used car (Audi) at first as I wanted a nice upscale ride. As I was reviewing the gazillion options out there, I stumbled on the 2014 Mazda 6. Could not believe the looks of this car, especially for that price! Made it to the dealer the next day for more on-site research and a test drive. I originally planned to get the Touring, but after some review of the GT I really felt I would regret not taking the GT and all it's extra features and luxury. I ended up indeed getting the GT, and added the adaptive cruise control package and the door window sills. If you go GT, get that MRCC package, as that cruise control is amazing!!!
Favorite Features
1- the looks. I only have this car a month now, but every time I walk up to it I still can't believe the beauty of the design. I don't think there's any angle I don't like the car (ok, from underneath maybe, but not planning to get under it) 2- interior. It just looks very, well, expensive inside. The full leather seats and the soft touch materials all around really look great. 3- all the gadgets. Love love love the cruise control, headlights that turn into the corners, xenon lighting (wow thats bright), pandora radio, bluetooth, the control knob, seat heating, and a lot more. 4- 'exclusivity'. It's a car you don't see on every street corner. I want mazda to do well but not TOO well ;-)
Suggested Improvements
1- tomtom navigation is not flawless. It has restarted on me twice, and one time the heading was 180 degrees wrong, basically showing me driving backwards. Had to reset it myself to fix the issue. 2- power. While it is by no means slow, I would have loved to have this car with a V6 with some proper 'umpf'. 3- upshift speed. Downshifting is extremely fast, but shifting up seems to be a bit on the slow side. Takes a bit away from the sporty feel of the paddle shifters when pulling away at a light. 4- a 'S' mode on the transmission.