2014 Mazda 6 Consumer Review: Mazda 6 GT - It doesnt get bet

2014 Mazda 6 - Consumer Review

i Grand Touring Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

Mazda 6 GT - It doesnt get better than this at $30k
By hewhoiscalledj on

2014 Mazda 6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Our trusty 2000 Subaru Legacy GT finally needed to be put down... It was a tragic day for us since we loved this car to death... literally. The good news is that we chose the new Mazda6 Grand Touring with the advanced cruise control and forward obstruction warning package. This badboy came loaded and dressed to the nines with it's super slick (rotary inspired) 19" wheels. While it lacks the superior handling of symetrical all wheel drive and the low rev torque that our Legacy had, the Mazda6 handles the twisties and real life conditions with superb grace. It's a far smoother and refined machine compared to the Subaru. Everything about this car is just tight and mechanically perfect.

Do looks count as a feature? It should. Otherwise, I really enjoy the MRCC (adaptive cruise control.) It basically follows the car's speed in front of you up to a set speed limit that you can change easily. It works like it should and doesnt require reading the manual to work it. Downside is on long sweeping turns and you are along side a big rig... The car will slow down if you dont anticipate and react so you still have to be on your toes... as you should be.

The only problem I've run into is that the shift gate on the automatic shift lever is a wee bit flimsy and the plastic dust cover underneath gets snagged on it sometimes. So much so that it got worse and I couldnt shift without pushing the little plastic sheet down. I took it to the dealer and they said that a new part was redesigned to replace it. I should be picking up my car in the next couple days. Oh, and please do something about the wind noise when the rear window is down... I hear that's common but didnt experience it with my late departed Subaru.