2014 Mazda 6 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Mazda 6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 6 model:

Get the base model iSport with 6 speed manual !
By Tito

2014 Mazda 6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Absolutely no frills. Cloth seats and a stick. Just what I was looking for. Not terribly quick until your put a tuned cold air intake and a performance exhaust in it. Now it's very quick. These two add ons do not void the warranty and cost a mere $ 690 installed-highly recommedend Everyone is sniveling about the crummy touchscreen and electronics. I didn't want any of it. I wanted to drive Great looking sexy exterior- Kodo design is a game changer in the boring world of affordable midsize sedans.

Great car, with a few caveats.
By kevin s

2014 Mazda 6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I'm 6'3" and the front seats are not comfortable for me. The shoulder area specifically causes me a lot of pain. I inflated the lumbar support to the max and it helps, a little. The I-pod function is laughable. When I purchased it my I-pod worked, albeit illogically. Every single time I started up I-pod function it would default to the very first song on the I-pod (alphabetically); stupid. Then after about a month it wouldn't read my I-pod at all. I took it back and the dealership said it was functioning properly. They suggested I use a different I-pod. I wanted to suggest they buy me a different I-pod, but didn't. I did have another one in the family and traded it. The second one worked, again with the stupid alphabetical default. This past January the Bluetooth module needed to be replaced, the car wasn't reading any I-pod or phone. Now, as of last week, the I-pod doesn't work at all. I have tried charging it, have tried connecting it to my computer, to I-tunes, nothing works. So I paid for a feature that not only works illogically, it didn't consistently connect with one I-pod and fried another. We will see how next weeks service visit goes. The car looks great - exterior and interior. The fit and finish are great. The mileage is great. It is loud and it rides firm. This, I am told, is in keeping with the ZoomZoom philosopy of Mazda. The exterior noise is probably more in keeping with keeping weight low to increase mileage. All I know is that my Corvette C5 and old Pontiac G8 were quieter and rode more comfortably and quietly. They were both better handling, as they were RWD. Overall I like the 6 i-GT. But those problems I mentioned occur evertime I ride in the car. They are things that can't be fixed.

Has spoiled me for other vehicles
By mazguy14

2014 Mazda 6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I love car shopping, so when the lease on my 2010 Mazda6 Touring was up, I made the rounds to midsize dealers. The Mazda/Kia/Nissan dealer offered me a better deal on a beautiful, well-equipped Kia Optima, easily the best-looking sedan this side of a Jaguar XE. So I drove it, but when I got to the corners, I noticed the Optima's handling was worse than my 2010 6. I paid a bit more for a soul red Mazda6 with the sand leatherette interior, and I agree with the car magazine editors who love its driving characteristics. With the optional tech package (a must) one gets the Bose stereo, navigation, blind spot monitoring, bluetooth, up camera, etc.). Zero issues in 20 months.

Precise steering, interior quality, 6-speed automatic (no CVT's for Mazda), exceptional fuel economy, comfortable seats, great driving position, responsive handling, compliant suspension, great tech package features at a reasonable price, gorgeous styling, routine service less than $40 even with synthetic oil and tire rotation, fair price ($26,000 with tech package, fog lights, spoiler, soul red color), roomy trunk, USB port for playing all my favorite music, and, of course the pure joy of driving it.

Wish it had a V6 option like my 2010. I miss the passing power. Somewhat noisy at 80 mph speed limit, from road and driver side window. Needs sport mode for auto, because it upshifts too quickly from 1st to 2nd mid-turn from standing start. The OEM 17 inch tires are probably good for fuel mileage, but are not as confidence-inspiring as the 16" Michelins on the '10. I would prefer gauges to idiot lights. A car with sporty pretensions should have a temperature gauge, oil pressure gauge, voltage gauge, and fuel gauge. The 6 has none of these (a digital bar for fuel, like an old Buick). It does make room for a nice trip computer, though, with a ton of useful information. Bose is just ok.

Mazda has done it!
By milennia

2014 Mazda 6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Owned the 2014 Mazda 6 itouring with the technology package for 3 months now. This car is amazing! It's fun to drive, very fuel efficient, and it's eye catching! I feel like I'm sitting in a luxury car that's sporty. I went on a vacation with it and averaged up to 40 mpg at 60 mph, and averaged 36 mpg at 70 mph (it was really hilly). I'm always getting compliments too. :) the navigation system is a little slow but it gets the job done. Make sure you test drive this car, you will be impressed.

The advanced keyless entry, push button start, Bose sound system, fuel efficiency, you name it!

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

One year later, and still zooming
By johnny2003

2014 Mazda 6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Our GT is our third Mazda. We left Honda years ago for better styling and value and haven't looked back. Our liquid silver with black leather is a looker. Still after one year, people stop me all the time wanting to know what kind of car it is. People have guessed Lexus, Jag, and Infiniti. I just love the car, it is my daily driver. Still puts a smile on my face every time I open the door and push the start button. No, the navigation is not perfect, but are any of them? No the screen is not too small, I'm two feet from it. I don't need a flat screen on my dash. Radar cruise is COOL! Lots of features that many cars don't have for only $30K. What's not to like?

Radar cruise. Its nice to set it and let the car gage the distance. Very helpful when in rains all the time in Louisiana.

I wish the navigation was better, but again are any of them. Wish the GT had standard rear parking sensors.

• SUV