2014 Mazda Mazda6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Great car, but one thing concerns me..
By richardb11 on 01/24/14 15:40 PM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Everything said here is true - this is an amazing car particularly for the money. But the low engine speed throttle response concerns me. After driving for 6 months and 5,000 miles I've consistently, but randomly experienced a problem that does not seem to be fixable. About every fourth time I try to accelerate with the engine running 1000-1500 rpm, like making a turn from a light, the engine does not respond at all when I push on the accelerator. It also seems like it wants to stall. But after 2-4 seconds the car finally realizes that I want to accelerate and it springs forward. Above 2000 rpm the engine revs just fine. Like turbo lag the dealer service said. Great car, but for this.

Crashworthy
By nobodyspecia1 on 01/22/14 11:04 AM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Two months after my purchase and about 1000 miles, two kids ran a red light as I entered an intersection. It was night and the Cops were right behind them. The kids were going at least 40mph. My Mazda6 struck the left side of their car. The kids spun through the intersection, took out a light pole and ended up on the lawn of a lawyer's office. Their car was demolished; they jumped out and ran. My Mazda6 coasted through the intersection. Neither I nor my passenger was hurt; air bags did not deploy. The front third of the Mazda6 was destroyed but the passenger compartment was untouched. I have a new Mazda6 on order. It is a great car.

The good, bad, and ugly, i.e. the truth after ~20k
By takumi1 on 01/08/14 17:49 PM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Finally, an honest review of the good and the bad. Not sure why people leave such biased reviews - all cars have faults. I'd buy the same car again, but let's look at a few things to keep in mind when you test drive. First the good. A beautiful car from any angle - the best in the segment.Terrific gas mileage. Great handling. Comfortable, with a very nice interior if you're not into lots of clutter. Fun to drive. Roomy. Good price. Now some hard truths. Mediocre acceleration from stop. Poor rear visibility. Poor infotainment system, badly positioned, with a laggy voice response system. Massive wind noise. USB difficult to get to Tiny cheap useless sun visors.

A thing of beauty
By larmo1 on 12/28/13 05:04 AM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I am not really into righting reviews, but I love this car. It is perfect for me. It has great gas mileage, fantastic looks, and has a comfortable sweet ride. Holy Cow! Did I say reasonably priced? This is the best car in its class hands down. It gets the same gas mileage with a 2.5 liter engine that my old Honda Civic got with a 1.7 liter engine! What I like most about the Mazda 6 is its smooth acceleration. Most cars lurch or surge when pressing on the gas. Not the Mazda 6. It smoothly and competently accelerates. And I challenge you to feel the transmission shift. It is a thing of beauty. The transmission shifts fluidly like a diver making the perfect dive... not a ripple.

My awesome ride
By nobouncecap on 12/22/13 12:28 PM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

First a foremost I'm conformable in this car and I'm 6'4",I have plenty of leg/head room. The engine and transmission are great together and the car just begs to be driven fast. The firm suspension is tight/firm but it brings fun to driving again around corners; on flat surfaces its rather smooth. 40mpg is an easy mark to hit on Hway. I have had no issues with the media system and my usb just plays songs like it should, it connects well with my phone too! This car really is fun to drive and with the manual is great! I test drove the Optima, Accord, Fusion and this car bet them all in comfort, features, handling, and style! Get it and you'll love it.

How a Family Sedan Should Be
By rhagel on 12/04/13 21:33 PM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Impressive performance, good looks, reliable, great fuel economy not to mention value priced and extremely fun to drive. I almost don't have to say more. This is such a great car. My 4th Mazda and I keep coming back! I've had the car for just over a month, but my job keeps me on the road with about 3,300 miles on the odometer. My commute requires some light traffic, rolling San Diego hills and speeds of about 75-80 and am consistently seeing 34 mpg having fun passing cars along the way. It's comfortable, has a great interior and the engine and transmission combo is oh so smooth... Hands down, you will not find an overall better value in this segment. Hesitating to buy? Do it!

Impressive
By pwhopkins1 on 11/30/13 18:23 PM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Mazda has really put the full package together with the new 6 - We previously had an 08 3, and loved it, but for much different reasons than how we now feel about the 6 - Every time I stop the car, I think to myself, this was made to be drive - This is a drivers car. Refined, but with some roughness around the edges that make it feel unique in a very busy segment. Love the fuel economy and all the technology in the GT - And the looks....... nothing like it in the segment -

2014 mazda 6 touring
By tycodyzach on 11/26/13 16:57 PM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

went to dealership really wanted a manual touring with blue reflex test drove the car and it kept popping out of 3rd gear on the test drive so i went with the automatic test drove it and decided to get it after signing papers the salesman came out to show me how to set up blue tooth and it wouldnt work then it wouldnt read my ipod so i had to bring it in next day to have them reset the computer and they ordered me a new module for it!! other than that i love it so far only 300 miles into it and still have half tank of gas i commute 20% city 80% highway

Only 1 day, but a +++ so far
By rsteph4 on 11/11/13 08:48 AM (PST)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

2014 liquid silver iTouring with auto. Replaces 2006 Cadillac CTS and 2010 Mazda3 sedan. Love it so far. Looked at 4 cars total (Camry, Altima, Sonata, and Mazda6) and for us the M6 beat out the rest, hands down. Of course, it's a personal tastes thing, but I think the M6 was top line for both exterior and interior looks. Drives great. Not quite as snappy as the old M3 6-speed was, but it is bigger and heavier with, basically, same engine. Still, it'll kick you back in the seat just fine. This is still first impression stuff since car barely has 100 miles on it, so we'll see how things are 6-months down the road. Still, don't think you could go wrong with this car.

Very impressive car even with its quirks
By flounda on 10/03/13 10:45 AM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Although my search didn't start with the Mazda6, it ended there. Very impressive vehicle especially at this price point. Loaded with features, drives VERY well, comfortable and especially in Soul Red, very good looking. I am a previous Mazda owner so I felt right in home in this car. The driving position and touch points make it feel like you are driving something other than a mid-priced sedan with a mere 4 cylinder engine.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.