2014 Mazda Mazda6 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mazda6 model:
Just took delivery - so far so good
By mrod500 on 06/17/14 08:32 AM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I haven't had the car a week yet but so far so good. I agree with the others that it's arguable one of the best looking cars on the road today. I also like that I'm not lumped into the "Camry and Accord" group. There simply aren't that many Mazda 6's on the road so it's nice to be a little different. I can see why they charge more for red or white. I went with white since so many of my friends have red cars. It looks great! I traded in a Corolla for this car so naturally it feels super loaded to me and it is. It's got literally everything. I've had several BMW models in the past and I like to feel the road and that's what you get with the huge 19" wheels.

Fun, practical mid-size for enthusiasts
By kj123 on 06/02/14 11:13 AM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

If you like the handling of German cars but not the frequent repairs and upsized price, this may be the car for you. The ride is comfortable but definitely firmer relative to Accord, Camry, etc. My most recent cars were Audi A4, BMW 328 and VW Passat. This car is larger than the first two and gets better mileage than all of them...for thousands less. I checked for road noise at highway speeds based on many reviews and also, rough downshifts. I have not personally experienced issues with either.

Best in class mid-sized sedan
By greg16891 on 05/29/14 11:12 AM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

After placing an order in March of '13, I got my vehicle in August and I now have 16K trouble free miles on it. After reading virtually all of the available reviews on affordable mid sized sedans and driving those that I was willing to consider (Honda, Toyota, Chevy, Hyundai and Subaru), buying a 6 was an easy decision. The car has met all of my expectations for a fun to drive sedan that gets solid gas mileage and that does not look like everything else on the road.

Can't stop looking at it or driving it... wow... stunning automobile.
By cecmazda6 on 05/27/14 11:47 AM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Wow how many superlatives are there in the English dictionary? I've had some pretty nice midsized cars in recent years - '11 Optima EX, 12 Sonata 2.0 Turbo limited (nice turbo power) & even an 09 Mazda6 Touring (which like a great indie film excellent but under publicized), but great as these all were in their own respects, none evoked the level of pure joy my meteor gray 2014 6 touring w/tech package has! Looks are subjective but I literally can't stop looking at it & snapping photos haha! Ride remarkably smooth despite 19" rims & tight suspension. Cabin dead silent at idle road noise not that bad. Great acceleration close to Sonata turbo despite 90 less hp. Fantastic car!!!

10 months and 11K miles
By emeraldo on 05/10/14 18:55 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is the best car I've ever owned. I've owned Acuras, VWs and Toyotas. This car is hands down the most comfortable and fun to drive of all these cars. Also gets the best mileage, a really remarkable event in a car this size. 29mpg 60% hwy, 40% cty. We are all aware that the 6 does not have the largest nor highest res nav screen. Those who need a large nav screen so they can pay less attention to the road have many choices. I prefer something simpler and have found the 6's easy to use, with excellent turn-by-turn in particular. If you want a car with two meaningless chrome rings in a loopy center stack, and a geriatric speedometer, I'd certainly recommend an Accord.

Simply love it!
By rfh3223 on 04/30/14 16:37 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I've had Honda, Ford, Acura, and Hyundai's, but I love my 6! I feel like James Bond in it, LOL! The exterior styling is extremely stylish. Just love, love, love this car in and out!

No Valet Protection! Beware of the Small Things
By condor2fly on 04/16/14 19:14 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have deep buyer's remorse. I agree with most of fawning reviews concerning the car's style and how it drives. But oh how I wished I'd examined it more carefully for practical lifestyle needs, when I went for that test drive. Subsequently, I was bummed to discover the only way to open and then lock the doors and trunk is to dig my key set with the key fob out of my pocket, rather than pushing a little button. A couple days later I was shocked and mortified to discover that I cannot secure my identity papers or anything in the glove box or the trunk, because there's no valet system whatever--not even a key. I live in Los Angeles, and now I cannot valet, without removing a bunch of things?

really incredible car
By dancingyaya on 04/06/14 14:20 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I am so pleased with this car. It is stylish and sleek. The design is distinctive. It rides very smoothly and gets great gas mileage. I like to drive, and in this car, I feel very connected to the driving experience. The steering is responsive, the fuel economy is great, yet the power is there when you need or want it. Interior is comfortable, ride is quiet, Bose stereo system is great.

Real driver, real world
By nwcab1 on 03/29/14 16:39 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Every review on here seems to be written by Mazda's PR dept. This car has a major issue. Everything about the car is excellent, except for the transmission. It is flat out terrible. Read the reviews at cars.com, this is not isolated. In their attempt to save gas, Mazda has created a transmission that will not shift down unless you floor it, and then the pedal engages some sort of performance button imbedded in the floor and the car lurches forward unsafely. Real world driving is miserable. Every down shift is met with a delay sending your body forward, and then the car lurches forward a second later. Simply awful. Test drive in traffic, around corners, change speeds...you'll see.

Fun, Smooth, and Loud
By burgh412 on 03/27/14 12:59 PM (PDT)

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I'll cut right to the chase. This is arguably the best-looking car on the road right now, at least with the red paint job. The car feels extremely planted on the highway, and the g-force generated by turning is strangely addictive. Power steering is light for day-to-day driving, but tightens up a bit when you push it. You feel every bump on the road, but I like that, as it makes you feel connected to the road, and there is certainly no chassis wiggle after hitting bumps. Definitely wind noise above 45mph or so, and I have noticed the back window creaking for the first 10-15 minutes of driving on a very cold day. Headlights could be stronger, but are adequate, and base sound system is great.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Mazda Mazda6 in VA is:

$143 per month*