2014 Mazda Mazda6 Consumer Reviews 2

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Not Meeting Expectations
By jtb82

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The car has a great appearance and seemed to be a decent value, but the fuel economy has not even come close to the averages seen on the window sticker. The sticker averages were 26 mpg in the city and 38 mpg on the highway. My car is averaging 24 mpg and I drive mostly on highways. Would not recommend!

Its getting boring, talking to all the people who ask about it
By troythiel

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

have had the car a little over a week, 15 GT in Reflex Blue with the almond leather package...and people on the street ask about it everyday...the car is just so dang beautiful that people want to know more about it....I don't have time to tell people about how great the car is...its great in every way so far!

Favorite Features

everything

Just took delivery - so far so good
By mrod500

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I haven't had the car a week yet but so far so good. I agree with the others that it's arguable one of the best looking cars on the road today. I also like that I'm not lumped into the "Camry and Accord" group. There simply aren't that many Mazda 6's on the road so it's nice to be a little different. I can see why they charge more for red or white. I went with white since so many of my friends have red cars. It looks great! I traded in a Corolla for this car so naturally it feels super loaded to me and it is. It's got literally everything. I've had several BMW models in the past and I like to feel the road and that's what you get with the huge 19" wheels.

Favorite Features

Still getting used to the NAV and my previous car had NAV with traffic which was really nice. I don't think this NAV has traffic, or I haven't found to how to turn it on yet. The wheels are awesome, the lip spoiler on both the bottom front and the rear deck make the car look aggressive. The dash is loaded and the leather and stitching so far seems high quality. Fuel economy is supposed to be great however I'm still on my first take of gas so I'll get back to you on that one.

Suggested Improvements

Can always use more horsepower although I went from 140 in my Corolla to 184 in this car so that seems adequate, for now. Arm rests need to be higher, especially for the left arm. The NAV is a little quirky to use (I've never used TOM-TOM before) but I would imagine I'll get used to it.

Fun, practical mid-size for enthusiasts
By kj123

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

If you like the handling of German cars but not the frequent repairs and upsized price, this may be the car for you. The ride is comfortable but definitely firmer relative to Accord, Camry, etc. My most recent cars were Audi A4, BMW 328 and VW Passat. This car is larger than the first two and gets better mileage than all of them...for thousands less. I checked for road noise at highway speeds based on many reviews and also, rough downshifts. I have not personally experienced issues with either.

Favorite Features

Beautiful styling, Bose stereo, blind spot monitoring and Pandora built in.

Suggested Improvements

Vehicle sits low to the ground, getting in and out isn't super easy. It could use additional horsepower.

Best in class mid-sized sedan
By greg16891

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

After placing an order in March of '13, I got my vehicle in August and I now have 16K trouble free miles on it. After reading virtually all of the available reviews on affordable mid sized sedans and driving those that I was willing to consider (Honda, Toyota, Chevy, Hyundai and Subaru), buying a 6 was an easy decision. The car has met all of my expectations for a fun to drive sedan that gets solid gas mileage and that does not look like everything else on the road.

Favorite Features

Great handling, solid gas mileage, good quality, great interior and exterior styling and the Xenon adaptive headlights are very nice.

Suggested Improvements

As many have suggested, the car could use a bit more power, although I would certainly not characterize it as being underpowered. The up- level Bose sound system is only decent, not great, the Tom Tom navigation is a joke compared to even 5 yr old Garmin systems. There should be more interior storage areas, the HomeLink mirror should include a compass feature, as is common and I would certainly prefer a water temperature gauge vs the existing light that simply goes out when the car has warmed up.

Can't stop looking at it or driving it... wow... stunning automobile.
By cecmazda6

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Wow how many superlatives are there in the English dictionary? I've had some pretty nice midsized cars in recent years - '11 Optima EX, 12 Sonata 2.0 Turbo limited (nice turbo power) & even an 09 Mazda6 Touring (which like a great indie film excellent but under publicized), but great as these all were in their own respects, none evoked the level of pure joy my meteor gray 2014 6 touring w/tech package has! Looks are subjective but I literally can't stop looking at it & snapping photos haha! Ride remarkably smooth despite 19" rims & tight suspension. Cabin dead silent at idle road noise not that bad. Great acceleration close to Sonata turbo despite 90 less hp. Fantastic car!!!

Favorite Features

Where do I start? So much to love! Touring w/tech awesome Bose stereo, nav, rear cross traffic alert, rain sensing wipers, dual climate, heated mirrors only $17 more/month: lotta car for 26000! Everything so smooth the ride, quick acceleration & silky auto trans. Awesome Bose sound system alone worth Tech pkg price! Nice upscale interior materials & fit/finish. Passengers compliment rearseat room & softness of leatherette seats over my previous Sonatas leather. 33mpg highway barely broken in. Meteor gray paint strikingly reflective & lustrous shows off the car's lines beautifully under street lights at night as well as direct sun. A sheer stunner both in style & content. Bravo Madza!

Suggested Improvements

Gee... maybe include fog lights standard on Touring trim and up the horsepower to 200 from 184? But these are nitpicks because the car totally flies the more I break it in. The lighter structure & excellent auto transmission compensate to make it feel lighter on its feet & nearly as quick & effortless as the 274hp Sonata Turbo Ltd I traded for it (nice car too but the 6 rides even better & feels a class above in build quality). I hear the nav isn't that great compated to others, but i find it easy to use & it's turning instructions are very detailed & accurate. Otherwise if I experience any negatives I'll let you know, but for now nothing to gripe about!

10 months and 11K miles
By emeraldo

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is the best car I've ever owned. I've owned Acuras, VWs and Toyotas. This car is hands down the most comfortable and fun to drive of all these cars. Also gets the best mileage, a really remarkable event in a car this size. 29mpg 60% hwy, 40% cty. We are all aware that the 6 does not have the largest nor highest res nav screen. Those who need a large nav screen so they can pay less attention to the road have many choices. I prefer something simpler and have found the 6's easy to use, with excellent turn-by-turn in particular. If you want a car with two meaningless chrome rings in a loopy center stack, and a geriatric speedometer, I'd certainly recommend an Accord.

Favorite Features

Seat extremely comfortable. Whole car feels like it "fits" a driver (at least this one) immediately. Looks beyond anything else in class. Handling makes car a daily pleasure. Bose stereo. Straightforward, non-distracting dash. Rear cross traffic alert. I drove this car against a Fusion and an Accord (Ex-l) and found the latter notably ponderous in feel compared to the Mazda. The Fusion was good but the Mazda was better, and given reports of real-world Ford mileage, clearly a smarter choice for long-term ownership costs. The Accord was a disappointing car to drive, surprisingly dull (I haven't drive the Sport, but I wanted a car with leather, a sunroof and an upgraded sound system).

Suggested Improvements

I agree with others who say this car could use more storage in front. The sunroof on my Jetta had a wider range of adjustments.

Simply love it!
By rfh3223

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I've had Honda, Ford, Acura, and Hyundai's, but I love my 6! I feel like James Bond in it, LOL! The exterior styling is extremely stylish. Just love, love, love this car in and out!

Favorite Features

Exterior styling, color (reflex blue), fuel economy, fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

Interior is comfortable but I agree with the experts the nav screen looks aftermarket. Needs sleeker and more user friendly design.

No Valet Protection! Beware of the Small Things
By condor2fly

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have deep buyer's remorse. I agree with most of fawning reviews concerning the car's style and how it drives. But oh how I wished I'd examined it more carefully for practical lifestyle needs, when I went for that test drive. Subsequently, I was bummed to discover the only way to open and then lock the doors and trunk is to dig my key set with the key fob out of my pocket, rather than pushing a little button. A couple days later I was shocked and mortified to discover that I cannot secure my identity papers or anything in the glove box or the trunk, because there's no valet system whatever--not even a key. I live in Los Angeles, and now I cannot valet, without removing a bunch of things?

Favorite Features

Love the way it looks. That's why I bought it. I like the sound of the engine. Performance seems fine--I like the stiff feel. I haven't had it long enough to assess the mileage.

Suggested Improvements

See the first part of the review. Some things you don't pick up on a single test drive. For example, I find it quite uncomfortable getting in and out of the car. In comparison to the Altima I had previously (one trim level up from the stripped down model has the smart key and valet system, etc.) there is much less storage space inside the Mazda6--much less. The interior usability is not good, not well designed. Finally, at least in Southern California, it was hard to lease this car at a decent price, vis a vis other cars in its class at the exact same MSRP. Do your research--thoroughly. I waited till the last minute.

really incredible car
By dancingyaya

2014 Mazda Mazda6 i Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I am so pleased with this car. It is stylish and sleek. The design is distinctive. It rides very smoothly and gets great gas mileage. I like to drive, and in this car, I feel very connected to the driving experience. The steering is responsive, the fuel economy is great, yet the power is there when you need or want it. Interior is comfortable, ride is quiet, Bose stereo system is great.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, silky transmission, bose stereo, fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

Naviigation system could be better, but that's not the sort of thing that bothers me.