2014 Mazda CX-5 Consumer Review: 2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring

2014 Mazda CX-5 - Consumer Review

Touring 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring
By cbrianflynn on

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

After test driving all of the competitors (Ford, Honda, Nissan, Toyota, Subaru, Hyundai), I settled on
a 2014 CX-5 Touring to replace a 2001 VW Jetta Wagon. I was tempted by the Sport model, but the larger engine in the Touring and GT is much peppier for passing. I've had the vehicle now for about 3 months and do not regret my decision. The performance is more than adequate, handling is pretty good and gas mileage has been better than my VW and more than acceptable. I drive long distances a couple of times a week and have enjoyed the cruise control. Overall, it's a solid and fun care to drive, with plenty of room for hauling kids, gear, etc. Perfect for a small family.

Update (3/24/2016): After owning this vehicle for a little more than two years and putting about 57,000 miles on it, I can say I am still very happy with the vehicle. I got about 46,000 miles out of the stock tires and had to replace them about 7 months ago. I purchased the Yokohama Avid Ascend to replace the stock Yokohama's and they seem to do well in dry and wet conditions. My driving is combined city/hwy and I'm averaging 28.6 miles per gallon fairly consistently over the last 40,000 miles or so. The only service the vehicle has needed was routine oil and filter changes and the tires - I've had no mechanical failures thus far. The vehicle still rides well and handles well. I don't have any experience driving the vehicle in snow conditions, but wet traction and handling is solid, especially with good tires. The interior has held up well. I have the tan interior and have managed to keep it pretty clean, even with kids getting in and out and riding in it. No major rattles or cracks from the plastics either. And yes, it is still fun to drive! It still has the pep that it had from day one and has kept it's good looks in the style department. Overall, I'm very pleased with my purchase and would not hesitate to purchase another CX-5.

• Rain snow traction
  • Headlights
  • Purchase cost
  • Maintenance cost

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review