2013 Mazda CX-5 Consumer Review: What car do these other people

2013 Mazda CX-5 SUV - Consumer Review

What car do these other people have?
By vitden21 on

2013 Mazda CX-5 Touring 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Have read other reviews of the CX5 and am wondering what I'm missing. I purchased the Touring model with the Bose/moonroof package. The Bose system is pretty awful. All the sound seems to come out of the center speaker.
The vocals sound tinny and no adjustment of the treble and bass seem to make much difference unless bass is turned all the way up and treble all the way down. And the interior is so cheaply made! The floor carpeting pulls away every time I try to remove the floor mats to vacuum.The driver side cloth covered armrest is already showing
some sign of wear and I've only had the vehicle for 30 days.
Very disappointing.
So is the bird chirping sound the engine started making.

Gas mileage is good. Blind spot alert is nice feature.

Upgrade the cloth interior and if they're going to offer a premium sound package - make it premium.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By groover1
on 03/19/13 21:52 PM (UTC)

I don't know what this person is talking about regarding the Bose stereo? When listening to the HD radio stations, I hear parts of songs coming from both sides of the car, not just the center. Plus, I think the sound is excellent and the iPod integration is great. For newer CD's (and mp3's), you may need to bring the treble down one notch, but for older music or the radio, the treble set in the middle is perfect. The bass with just 1 notch over center sounds very nice, but not too boomy. I've had the car 30 days, and haven't noticed any wear to the armrest. I like the car overall, and the Bose/moonroof package is worth it with Touring package.

By bluzone2
on 10/21/16 20:06 PM (UTC)

I too have the top shelf Touring with Moonroof etc. Paint was peeling off the front at 6000 miles. Had to replace rotors at my cost at 16,000, again at 32,000, and just now at 45,000. Mazda didn't stand behind any of it. And the carpet looks like felt, now worn out felt. The leather isn't real leather. Who knew. I loved it when I bought it. Has curb side appeal. My lifetime mpg is 25, that's flatland interstate driving. What's to like.