Used 2004 Mazda B-Series Truck Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mazda B-series-truck - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific B-Series Truck model:

Gas saving hauler!
By Paul

2004 Mazda B-Series Truck Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab B2300 Rwd SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I really can't complain, it always starts in the coldest weather. It gets over 30 mpg on the highway. It gets a lot of looks. I think it is better looking than the Ford Ranger that it is based on. It has an awesome A/C system. It does sit up almost as high as some other marques 4x4s.

Favorite Features

I like the carbon fiber center dash surround and the 4 wheel ABS.

Suggested Improvements

Make a four cylinder turbo diesel with a six speed manual transmission and 4 wheel drive. I would pay the premium for the diesel engine and six speed running gear.

LEMON
By Terry W.

The vehicle has left me stranded over and over. It is on its third fuel pump; the service dept has been appalling. The cab makes it difficult to back up because poor visibility. I would not recommend this product to anyone. As a consumer I am dissatisfied with the lack of concern Mazda corp. has shown. Can you say Lemon!

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Cab design needs to be better as far as visibility when going in reverse. Mazda should also take responsibility for the product they sell. Also the roadside assistance is horrid - I waited over 5 hours for a tow truck. It's a No customer service corporation. Lemon!

Great!
By Great!!

This little truck will get you from A to B with no problems. That is what I bought it for...that's what it does. It was pre-owned but sure looks and feels like new!

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, power is great for a 2.3 liter.

Suggested Improvements

More storage compartments in the cab (in the doors, arm rest, etc.).

B2300
By Paul

I purchased my truck online. I researched several brands, including the sibling Ford Ranger XL. I did not care for the Chevy or GMC/Colorado/Canyon. The Mazda had an excellent warranty and a $3000.00 cash back incentive. It works for me!

Favorite Features

48 month or 50,000 mile warranty. Cash back incentive!

Suggested Improvements

Increase engine size to 2.6 liters to compete with Toyota.

A Winner
By Tony

This truck is affordable, reliable, and a blast to drive. The performance is great and this little truck is powerful for its class. Exterior and interior design is fantastic and stylish. I can't say enough good things about this truck!

Favorite Features

Engine performance and reliability.

Suggested Improvements

NONE!