Used 2011 Lincoln MKZ Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Lincoln MKZ - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MKZ model:

3-20-2014 Still a happy customer.
By justinefrie

2011 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My sister bought a 2010 Lincoln MKZ and took me to lunch the next day. I liked the car so much, I went to Lincoln the next day to trade in my Infiniti. I got a great deal on a 2011 Lincoln MKZ AWD and during those snow-filled roads in NY, that AWD was great! In fact, it was impressive and I didn't really think that much about it when I got the AWD vehicle. It drove through deep snow like an all terrain vehicle. The car is really solid. Comfortable on long drives. Clean interior design. DVD player. Navigation. Too much to mention. I just want to thank Lincoln for making a car for my taste: young.

Side view mirror traffic control (mirrors light up when someone is passing you; safety feature).

Just keep the improvements coming. Love the car.

Next time I'll look past the new
By cudaowner

2011 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am sorry I did not drive this car for a few hours before we leased it. After the first road trip I knew I had made a mistake. Undersupported seats make for a miserable ride. You cannot get the air from dash vest off of you. The radio is rediculous and the wind and road noise is awful. The sloppy shifting transmission newer knows what gear it wants. The memory seats have a short memory. I sure don't see any value or luxury in this MKZ.

We really think this car is the best looking Ford/Lincoln they offer!

Call the car what it really is. An imported Ford Fusion with a Lincoln emblem.

More than satisfied
By johnnyshea3

2011 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have almost nothing but good things to say about this car. Base model comes very well equipped with virtually everything you would hope to have in a entry level premium sedan. As a technology junkie, the Microsoft-powered Sync interface (standard), is absolutely top shelf. The ride is quiet and supple, with the V6 supplying plenty of power as well as fuel economy. Handling is a tad underwhelming, but that is really my only beef. The cabin is well laid out, and both fit and finish and interior materials are very good. I find the seats to be very comfortable, and rear legroom is satisfactory. Even without A or Z plan, my sign and drive lease payment was under $400 a month. Recommended!

Sync, heated/cooled seats, fuel economy

handling could be more responsive, styling (while good), could stand a little more differential from it's Fusion/Milan siblings

The Good. Bad, the Ugly
By sverige

2011 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

At last a Ford product that doesn't need four acres to turn around. Peppy adequate engine with and excellent handling. Blind spot warning great, as is backup monitor. Interior is very quiet. Some road noise but the OE tires are not the quietest in the world. Front seats from hell. Probably OK for fat, obese people but anyone lesser needs a pillow for sit comfort if going over 50 mies. The remote trunk opening switch is perfectly located to bump with your knee when the driver enters at least 3 our of four times. Rear head restraints block out part of rear view vision. Good fit and finish.

Blind spot warning system. Navigation and sound set up.

Move dash remote truck switch anywhere but where it is. Fortunately the truck can also be opened on the key pad, truck keyed, or the entry system. The present switch can and should be disabled. Devise a way so the truck lid can be closed without putting hands on the painted surface. Find an old Lincoln and try out the seats. They used to feel luxurious and very comfortable. Duplicate that feeling into a new seat. Add adjustable pedals. Wife is 5"0" and has to drive (this is her driver) with her nose about in the steering wheel. Ford has a program available to alleviate this problem but not user (customer) friendly with to much Mickey Mouse such as Dr. certificate as to her height.

Lincoln MKZ FWD
By jbradsh1

2011 Lincoln MKZ 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had the Lincoln for about a month now and made one 2K mile trip into snow country. FWD handles light to medium snow without issue ... no slipping. All day seats, very comfortable. Very nice riding, ultra smooth transmission, upscale interior which I wouldn't call luxury, just upscale, very nice stereo system, very pleasant to drive, I find myself looking forward to driving this car and I would recommend it. I got it on the Lincoln sign & drive. $0 down, $399/month plus sales tax made the payment $428. You also get 4 years of free maintenance. Great deal and a very quiet riding car, it's as quiet as my mother's lexus ES 330.

the very quiet drive and very smooth to drive, outstanding automatic climate control system, very good stereo system, a real pleasure to drive this car.

ride could be a bit smoother but I don't hear impacts and no rattles whatsoever.