Used 2006 Lincoln LS Consumer Reviews - 45 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Lincoln LS - Consumer Reviews

2006 Lincoln LS

Sport 3.9L V8 5-speed Automatic - (45 reviews )

LoSe
By franklin

2006 Lincoln LS Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I bought it with 82000 miles. Less than 4 months and 3000 miles later 3 engine coils steering pump, ac switch and park brake $1000 in repairs and that's with the dealership covering half of everything. Still owe 8 grand worst car ive ever purchased. Put the car in park and RUN AWAY. you can thank me later.

Owned for 7 1/2 Years
By James Selix

2006 Lincoln LS Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I have had little maintenance. Bought used from a dealer as a program car with 9K. Maintenance in 7.5 years includes: set of tires, new battery, front brake pads & turn rotors, new fan belt, oil / filter chg. every 3K, and keep it spotless. Great fun to drive and comfortable on long trips.

Never again. Ford quality is poor
By Haywood Jabloeme

Excellent Car
By gkhize

2006 Lincoln LS Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I put 150K on a 2001 LS without incident and then traded it for the 2006 with 5K.I have been very happy with this car in every single way and now have over 160K miles on it. The only issue I've had was replacing the thermostat. It's a bit of a challenge and the guy changing it (me) didn't get the housing tight the first time. No issues after that. Runs great, drives great, gets decent mpg and still looks good. I'd buy a new one tomorrow if they still made them.

Ride, performance (outruns my Mustang GT), looks.

Trunk is a bit small.

Great car except for transmission shift points
By fordblueblood1

2006 Lincoln LS Sport 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Bought a 2006 LS in Dec of 2011, It had 62K on it and I've put about 5K on it to date (9/2013). I like the car. I wanted to buy and American RWD sedan and there weren't many choices. We already own a V8 Charger and I wanted something different. It was a Pontiac G8 or this. G8 would not accommodate my 15 y.o. in the back seat. More cramped. I did have to replace the heater control valve near the radiator. It was blowing hot air from the A/C. A disappointment on a car with only 67K on it. I've had no other issues with the car. It runs well and has lots of power and handles very well. It has a nice firm ride. Fun around off ramps. Very nice THX stereo too. If it wasn't for the trans, I'd be 5's

The car looks great, This one has all available factory options. It has nice power and handles very well. SLA front suspension, IRS rear and a nearly 50/50 wt distribution according to the Lincoln sales brochure. Nav is easy to use. Bluetooth should have been an option so you'll have to add it yourself. Heated and cooled seats are nice. Kids like heated rears in winter. Engine sounds great. Front seats should have longer seat base. If you have long legs your thighs will hang off the front edge. They are also a bit on the hard side. Rear leg room is better than a 5 series BMW. Trunk is pretty big as well. Rear seats fold. Fit and finish is pretty good. Interior plastic on the console is cheap

First and foremost, The one thing that stands out as my least favorite part of this car is the transmission. The engineer that programmed the shift points on this vehicle should never be allowed to touch a transmission for the rest of his life. It has to be the worst AT I've ever driven. It never kicks down when you need it unless you floor it. Heavy acceleration will lug the engine for a second or two before the car finally figures out you want to get going. You really have to floor it way beyond what I feel is necessary to get it to do what you want. Compared to driving my wife's R/T charger it's abysmal. It has SST mode but it is not very responsive. Too much lag from stick move to shift.