Used 2002 Lincoln LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Lincoln LS - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LS model:

I love my Lincoln LS
By WJS

2002 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I bought this car in 2004 and it had 20,000 miles on it. I have loved it since the day I bought it. It is sporty and is so pretty when it is all cleaned up. The V-8 makes for wonderful performance. I've looked on the internet and find that some new 6 cylinders don't get the mpg that I do with this one. (19 in the city and 26 on the highway)

Sun roof and the heated seats.

How can you improve on a Lincoln?

I love my car!
By cyn

2002 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this car in 08, with 42000 original miles on it in immaculate condition. We went from a Chevy Blazer to the Lincoln LS. What a difference! We got the deal of the century, and couldn't be happier!

It drives/handles like a dream, and we love the sunroof! The heated seats are great for when it's cold out but we still want the windows & sunroof open.

We'd like to check our oil, and not have to take it to a mechanic just to add or change the oil.

The car is not bad
By Kyie

2002 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

The car is beautiful inside and out. Always receives compliments. Here are my gripes: just like eveone else is saying, the lenses get foggy. The transmission works, but it shifts like something is wrong with it. This car is not made to be serviced by the owner. No way to check the tranny fluid or replenish the a/c without bringing it to the dealership. Its hard to find a service manual as well. Last but not least, the radio contols on the steering wheel sometimes malfunction. I would never pay top dollar for the car, but if the price is right, good deal.

The look, and options even with the base version.

Tranny needs retouching. The light covers need to be sealed better. The repairs should be more owner friendly.

One Nagging Problem
By JOHN

2002 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Great car to drive, and reasonably trouble free except for the coil on plug ignition packs and valve cover gaskets. Ford will only replace the coil as they go bad and I've replaced 6 or the 8 under the extended warranty at $100 a pop. Ford refuses to fix the leaking gaskets unless the owner specifically complains and even then they will only fix the side where the coil goes bad even if both sides leak. '03 and '04 models have a CSP from Ford extending warranty to 10yr./100000 mi. Owners of the '01 and '02 LS's need to start complaining to Ford. I hear that the V-6 also has this problem.

V-8 acceleration, sound system, automatic wipers.

Improved responsivness from Ford on mechanical problems.

Excellent Ride!
By JNE

2002 Lincoln LS 4dr Sedan (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this car used 2 yrs. ago with 34000 miles on it, it now has 62000 miles on it and I have never had a single problem with it. I have a V8 that is so fast and smooth whenever I need it to be, I love it. I wish they were still making them so I could get a newer version.

Quiet ride, roomy, elegant inside and out, can barely tell when it's changing gears.

Front wheel drive!