2002 Lexus SC 430 Consumer Review: Cosmo

2002 Lexus SC 430 - Consumer Review

Cosmo
By Leslie Crawford on

2002 Lexus SC 430 2dr Convertible (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This is my third Lexus automobile and I considered no other vehicles at the time I purchased my 2002 SC430. As much as I admired the Lexus SC430, the fact that it was a Lexus and that I had had two very good previous experiences with Lexus automobiles was a big factor in my decision. The only problem I have experienced with the vehicle was a faulty "window regulator", which manifested itself by a rattling sound. The problem was corrected when the dealership installed a new regulator. Otherwise, I have continued to enjoy this vehicle since taking delivery in August 2002.

A favorite feature is obviously the retractable roof and the fact that I have the best of both worlds with this automobile - a convertable when the weather is pleasant and a hard-top coupe for all other times.

The only improvements I can think of are (1) heated steering wheel; and (2) an indicator light that informs which tyre is below recommended pressure (there already is an indicator for low tyre pressure, but it does not indicate which).