'92 SC400
By pop on
1992 Lexus SC 400 2dr Coupe
Bought w/slightly over 100K mi, now at 204K. Only maint done plugs & wires, 2 sets brake pads, tires, alternator. All wear items except alt. Car runs like new. Drove friend who owns a new, Pontiac Grand Prix GTP. He couldn't believe that my car 10yr old car was more quiet, comfortable & rattle-free than his new car. Couldn't believe handling & acceleration either. This car is supremely capable @ 80mph+, which is important when you put on 50K mi/yr. Bought car for $9K 2-1/2 yrs ago. Aside from my Kawasaki cycle and my 4wdTurbo Celica it's the best money I've spent. Highly recommend this vehicle. As close to bulletproof as it gets.
Favorite Features
Low seating position. Very comfortable seats. Tilt/Telescope steering wheel. Solidity. Defeatable trac control, I always turn off. Disabling the Overdrive keeps car in the powerband. Suspension - great balance of comfort & performance. Smooth trans. Dash display @ night.
Suggested Improvements
Steering feel could be tighter, overboosted at highway speeds. Could use larger rims/tires. More rear seat room, not that I care, i don't sit back there. Needs manual transmission option.