2012 Lexus RX 350 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX 350 model:
Wondering if I should have upgraded...
By jimleslie on 08/14/13 21:14 PM (PDT)

2012 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I recently upgraded my 2009 RX350 for a 2012 model and I'm really wondering if I have made a mistake. I'm very pleased with all aspects of the 2012 except one...ride quality. My 2009 rode much more smoothly than the 2012 does. I have the 19" wheels with Michelin Latitude Tour HP tires (P235/55/19). I'm wondering if I went to the Michelin MXV4's would the ride be smoother. I even asked the dealer if he would swap me the 18" wheels for my 19's...no go. I did take the car for a test drive and it seemed smooth enough to me but after driving it on all types of surfaces, the ride quality is not and upgrade whatsoever. I didn't purchase the car for pinpoint handling...I want a very smooth ride.

Lexus discomfort
By keendriver on 08/08/13 16:46 PM (PDT)

2012 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Having just completed an 1800 miles road trip I have to report that both I and my wife found that the seats were not ergonomically supportive. On drives of only 150 miles we found that we both suffered from lower back pain, especially in the passenger seat. The lumber support is quite inadequate. I never suffered these pains when I drove my BMW X5 as much as 400 miles in one day.Other criticisms of the car are - view of the clock is blocked by one's right arm: the outside temperature numbers show very small: there is no storage for glasses: the trunk area has poor additional cubby spaces: the reversing camera is poor - my KIA Sorento was much more accurate. I would not buy another one.

Metal Found in Filter, Heads came off
By hwindish on 01/17/13 15:21 PM (PST)

2012 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

At 5000 miles the Head Gaskets had to be replaced gave some lame reason blaming Canada for that no extended warranty offered just sorry. Lets see dealer did oil change at 10,000 I had it done at 15,000 and the mech showed me metal in the oil; filter. Since when are you ever suppose to have metal in the filter, NEVER. The dealer says sorry but factory rep says normal, not in my life time no customer support call the factory their answer since when do you buy a car from the factory. Lexus Carlsbad shame on you don,t buy.

Lovin my new lexus
By luvnmylexus on 06/22/12 22:07 PM (PDT)

2012 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have own a 1st (2003), 2nd (2008) and now a 3rd generation (2012) Rx350....I have to tell you, the ride just keeps getting better and better! I just love my 2012. It is such a smooth and comfortable ride. Like floating on a cloud! No..it is not the "ultimate driving machine"..but that is not what I wanted. Hugging corners at high speeds is not my thing. I test drove a BMW...not impressed. The interior seemed "cheesy" to me. I am not looking for a "fun" drive. I am looking to be "pampered" and "spoiled" and this RX350 is exactly what the doctor ordered! It is very quiet and has just enough "giddy-up" to get the job done. PERFECT! Can't wait to c what's in store for my next Lexus!

Smooth As Glass
By kxteem on 01/31/12 16:18 PM (PST)

2012 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We really enjoy driving this vehicle. It is smooth as silk on the road. I recommend this vehicle to anyone considering a Luxury Crossover with seating for 5.

RATTLES A LITTLE
By mitchellrowe on 01/30/12 14:16 PM (PST)

2012 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

COMPARED TO MY 2011 RX350 , THE 2012 DOES NOT SEEM TO HAVE THE SAME BUILD QUALITY . THERE IS NO QUIET IN THE VEHICLE . CLICKING NOISES , DASH RATTLES , ENGINE NOISE . THE LEXUS DEALER , ONE BY ONE HAS BEEN CORRECTING THE PROBLEMS . AWD WORKED EXCELLENT IN THE SNOW .

I'm Loving My NEW 2012 Lexus RX 350!!!
By lexuslover12 on 01/12/12 09:06 AM (PST)

2012 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our 2012 RX 350 almost fully loaded on 11/11/11!!! We got the Starfire Pearl white and it is a gem of a vehicle. This crossover is supremely comfortable and easy to drive albeit bland at some times. On long road trips is where this car shines. The steering is precise, seats are luxurious, and the refinements exude Lexus quality. We got the Nav system, AWD, roof rack, Advanced HID dynamic Projector headlamps, and many other extra features. This car is very common in our area (Northern Virginia). We have driven about a 1,000 miles so far and it's smooth, elegant, beautiful, stands out, luxurious and quiet. It also has plenty of power and excellent brakes and acceleration!

2012 RX 350
By desiree3 on 11/15/11 03:59 AM (PST)

2012 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I vowed to never buy another car brand new, I drive a lot and it just made since to trade in my car for a new one. I was so in love with my first 350 that I new I would stick with this car. The upgrade has been very accomodating, I still feel like im driving my other car, the upgrades are perfect but not overbearing. I would recommend this vehicle anytime

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Lexus RX 350 in VA is:

$144 per month*