2009 Lexus RX 350 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RX 350 model:
Flawed Tranny
By cloyd greer on 12/23/09 09:06 AM (PST)

2009 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Upon cold start up when placed in gear the car vibrates. If I start it in neutral no problem when placed in gear it vibrates. The dealer says this is normal and the vibration is caused by the fast engine idle until the car warms up which is true except in neutral no problem but as soon as in gear a vibration the problem is not the fast idle but is in the tranny itself. I have driven many many many autos and never never had this problem.

Practical and fun to drive
By Beng on 07/14/09 12:57 PM (PDT)

2009 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After deciding between Accura MDX and RX 350, really feel that we made the right decision on the RX 350. The sporty style and comfortable ride is really impressive. Plenty of power to get you in and out of traffic (or into trouble). Gas mileage was really impressive on the highway (26 to 28 mph) on a trip to San Antonio to Fort Worth. In town 18 to 21 mph so far. Had a little trouble with window squeak when we first got it, but this was corrected at dealer. Very happy with the vehicle and the dealership.

Don't Mess With A Good Thing
By Clayton on 03/24/09 14:19 PM (PDT)

2009 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Our 2000 RX 300 had cleared the 125,000 mark so I took the wife car shopping at the Dallas Auto Show. She looked at 10-15 comparable mid-size SUV's and choose the 2009 RX 350 -- hands down. We had great luck with the first RX and we saw nothing we liked better than the '09 RX. Had it now for about a month and we've taken two trips. Super comfortable and WAY more fuel efficient than our original RX. Also, the turning radius is greatly improved. I think the best part of the whole deal though is that after 125,000 trouble free miles, the Lexus dealer gave us 26% of our original purchase price. Pretty unbelievable for a nine year old car with 125,000 on the ODO.

Traded 2006 BMW X5
By Driver1 on 02/22/09 11:07 AM (PST)

2009 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This Crossover is for people that looking for a very comfortable ride, I never wrote an auto review, but after driving this crossover for a month I decided to do so, just could not help it. I’ve had several SUVs in the past MB, BMW, Infinity, Honda. This crossover is for people that want name recognition, comfort, style. This crossover makes long trips, commuting very easy to accomplish, for someone who drives a lot on the daily bases, who needs versatility, cargo passenger space, like to sit up higher, likes quiet cruising. If you looking for a crossover that drives like a sports car, this will not be one to get, look at European rivals, MB, BMW.

Navigation flaws
By Josh on 02/09/09 16:30 PM (PST)

2009 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought a fully loaded 09 RX 350 FWD with the Mark Levinson sound system and navigation/bluetooth system. The biggest disappointment has been these integrated system. Most of the buttons on the touchscreen are greyed out while moving, so that no destination or telephone no. can be entered using the screen. Not even by the passenger - who could safely interact with the system. The voice activated system is awful, taking forever to navigate simple prompts. Similarly, while moving, the radio will not display text info about the playing song using the full screen. You can, however, watch the info slowly scroll by five letters at a time on the little radio screen (risking life and limb).

First Experience with my 2009 RX350 FWD
By Johnny Mack on 01/08/09 13:11 PM (PST)

2009 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased a 2009 RX350 FWD fully loaded with Mark Livingston sound system. I now have about 800 miles on it and so far we really enjoyed the vehicle. It is the right size for us and fun to drive. Took it to San Diego last weekend and great ride on I- 5 and off roads. Get in and out of traffic on demand. The salesman at the dealership is really professional and guide us through the leasing process in under 2-hours.

Fits me well
By gasser on 01/05/09 19:36 PM (PST)

2009 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My third RX. I've only had this one for one week and 500 miles. Excellent build quality, beautiful paint and leather/wood interior. Great acceleration and smooth performance. Still has the soft suspension and a bit of body roll on turns which may not suit everyone. Front seats could use a longer cushion and more fore/aft travel. I value comfort and reliability over high speed performance and sports car like handling. The Lexus RX is, for me, the best vehicle on the market.

My new Lexus RX 350
By cheryl on 12/26/08 18:21 PM (PST)

2009 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my Lexus for three days. I am still wondering if it is the right vehicle for me. It is a better fit for my smaller size. Its easy to drive. My escalade was way to big. I love thr shape. The interior could use an upgrade.

new rx 350
By jmartin on 11/09/08 09:32 AM (PST)

2009 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

1) Navigation system, with adaptive headlights, and rear camera not worth the purchase. Save money by buying a Garmin and jawbone, which work and outperform, what is on the Lexus. Lexus needs to rethink and engineer the technology with the thought in mind that less is more! 2) Lexus reliability is reason for purchase/lease and the appointments which come with the automobile are very nice. 3) Outstanding service with loaner car is a plus as well.

Versatility Plus
By rogue-1 on 10/28/08 15:43 PM (PDT)

2009 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought an IS in March, found it too small. Received excellent trade value on it and bought this RX. Interior is much more luxurious than the IS and so is the ride. The engine is not as silky, though; feels and sounds more truck-like. Everyone loves all of the cool and innovative features. Fuel consumption is amazingly low. I averaged 24 MPG on my first tank. I like how you can fold down just the center portion of the rear seats. I am told that this is the best-selling Lexus vehicle. I can see why.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Lexus RX 350 in VA is:

$122 per month*