Used 2008 Lexus LS 460 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 45 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific LS 460 model:

2008 Lexus LS460
By Irfanski

2008 Lexus LS 460 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

Great car, smooth and comfortable ride. Great mileage - have driven ~5200 miles and have gotten ~22mpg in city and ~30.5 mpg on a 475 mile trip from NC to KY via the Virginia/WV mountains. Worth every penny (since I got it for a discount buying a new 2008 as the 2009 models were coming in).

Love driving it on the highway. Very smooooooth. Love the interior comfort & am content with the outside styling.

Nothing major. Nav lockup bugs me. Of course I don't intend to fool with it when I'm driving but the front passenger should be able to control it...

Great car, but still has some issues
By tommyguy

2008 Lexus LS 460 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

After a year with this car, it has been very dependable. However, like with most other owners, the side wind noise drives me batty. And calls to Lexus say that it is a design problem, that nothing can be done about it, and the problem won't be addressed until about the 2011 model year. Bummer. Also, the complete lockout of nearly every navigation feature while in motion renders the system nearly useless. Don't waste the money on this. Buy a Garman instead.

Excellent sound system when the wind noise doesn't overpower it.

Fewer doodads that I rarely use and concentration on the basic comfort and quality issues. Front seat does not have a tilting seat... only up and down and back and forth. Just the back tilts. I like to be able to adjust in this way and expect it on a car this expensive.

Overall great, needs a few improvements
By Lexus Lover

2008 Lexus LS 460 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

First off this is my fourth Lexus. The car is great as far as comfort, handling, and performance. My major complaint is the difficulty of modifying the navigation system while the auto is in motion. I understand the safety ramifications, but when you have a passenger in the front seat this should be disarmed. I was pleasantly surprised with the gas mileage...I've actually hit 33 miles per gallon with this car, which to me is unheard of with this large of an engine (and considering how fast I drive). The navigation system is not logical. The Acura RL I recently traded in was very intuitive, this one, the driver actually has to arrange his thoughts before hitting the "talk" switch.

Retracting mirrors when the car is locked.

Allow the navigation system to operate while the car is in motion. And make it more intuitive: i.e. to program a previous destination, allow the driver to say something like: "Navigation", "Previous Destinations", (and choose the desired location), then say "Enter".

Bimmerman blown away by LS
By mkgupta

2008 Lexus LS 460 Sedan L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

I have owned a BMW 3 series, 540i, MB SL 500 and a Porsche 911 C4S. The LS is no Porsche of course but it is the "Porsche" of luxury sedans in my opinion. The ride, power, and luxury are at the top and the reliability is a good feeling to have. The performance is very good for a large sedan, not as good as the 750, but pretty close. For the money, the LS 460 L is by far the best purchase I could have made in this segment. unbelievable car, go and get your own yow won't regret it.

Soft close doors, Marc Levinson, HDD that rips CDs, rear seat recline, leather headliner, chrome trim, parking guidance, rich leather and wood trim, and adjustable air suspension package.

Front end needs more refinement, wider wheels to enhance appearance. After market wheels are available in 10" width.

Ultimate Comfort
By APAXCGI

2008 Lexus LS 460 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

I just bought my 2008 LS and am extremely impressed. The two things that absolutely stand out are the following: interior styling and fit and finish, and the smoothness/quietness of the ride at any speed. Clearly Lexus is well known for both of these attributes but on a daily basis they continue to impress. I shopped the 7, S550, A8 and all of them are very fine cars but none of them though outdo the LS is the aforementioned categories. AND - the LS is 20k less than all three of those models. Bottom line : An extremely fine vehicle in every sense that tries not to scream "I am rich".

Interior, smooth acceleration, Mark Levinson audio, navigation, styling.

I added the "touring" wheels to my short wheelbase at extra cost. They should make this an option instead of an accessory.