2008 Lexus LS 460 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LS 460 model:
Gas Mileage
By williamjamos on 07/03/08 09:25 AM (PDT)

2008 Lexus LS 460 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

While I'm a little confused looking at the EPA estimated miles-per-gallon performance, I certainly do enjoy the performance of my LS. Around town, including a 25-mile interstate trip once a week, I'm enjoying 19-21 mpg. On a highway trip when traffic is moving, I can almost achieve 32 mpg, and that's at 75-80 mph. Except for a trunk opener failure, this is an unbelievable machine.

Big transition from GS 430
By rnovaq71 on 06/03/08 20:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus LS 460 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

This LS460 is a big step from the 05 LS 430 I owned and a quantum leap from the 06 GS 430 I just traded up from. This LS 460 is some machine. It does everything well, drives like nothing else I've driven. Just silky smooth!

Almost perfect
By robert on 05/01/08 13:40 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus LS 460 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

I have taken several long trips, and the car has handled like a dream. I averaged about 27.8 mpg driving 78 mph. I arrive w/o feeling road weary. The only area of disapointment is the Voice Command System. Lexus needs to go back to the drawing board and make changes. I suggest the computer be programed to accept the zip code since it is often incapable of understanding the city name. I have on several occasion made a game out of it by allowing other passengers to get the computer to accept their commands, most often with no success. I strongly dislike having to stop in order to program.

Less Car than Earlier Model
By econpasha on 04/22/08 07:59 AM (PDT)

2008 Lexus LS 460 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

Took this car on two long trips, to Washington, DC and Florida, and now have 4000 miles on it. At highway speeds, there is significant wind noise. Also, unlike my earlier 1994 model LS 400, it feels lighter on the road. I don't feel any pride of ownership. Yes, it gets good gas mileage: 29 miles on the highway. But no feel for the road, and wind noise is simply awful. I miss my BMW.

Poetry in Motion
By aproforyou on 04/02/08 17:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus LS 460 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

This is my third Lexus. I've owned a 1996 Lexus coupe, a 2001 LS 430, and now a Lexus LS 460. I believe the 460 is both smooth and powerful. I like the wind tunnel design and the 8 speed transmission. I also drive a 2006 Corvette coupe. This car accelerates with a rush, and the controls are where they were on the LS 430. I like the changes to the navigation system, the bluetooth phone and the hard disk on which to record my music.

A car to love!
By xman on 03/29/08 17:40 PM (PDT)

2008 Lexus LS 460 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

I love this car! Very comfortable and smooth. Quiet on freeway and car just cruises. The 8 speed transmission keeps car even more quiet.

LS 460 - A Great Buy
By Rick S. on 03/23/08 04:23 AM (PDT)

2008 Lexus LS 460 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

Our 4th Lexus over the past 14 years, and clearly the best ever. Previously drove a '98 GS 300 for 10 years and considered the '08 GS. In the end, nothing compared to the overall comfort, performance, quality, features and styling combination offered by the LS. It is an expensive "value" compared to many other cars in the same or higher price ranges. I recently turned 40, and wasn't sure if I was "old enough" yet for the LS based on the styling of older models. The 2007 / 2008 is a significant improvement in every respect and I have no regrets whatsoever for going luxury instead of sports/luxury. Levinson stereo is incredible and navigation is better than most reviews indicate.

It's a Lexus!
By Happygolucky on 02/19/08 18:06 PM (PST)

2008 Lexus LS 460 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

After 3 years with a BMW and another with Mercedes, I can thankfully say I've found a car that would rather sit in my garage than the dealer's. Truly a delightful experience in all fashions of automotive ownership.

Smooth As Silk
By Topsales on 02/02/08 21:02 PM (PST)

2008 Lexus LS 460 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

I had a 2001 LS430 which I loved, but it was time to change, so I went out to drive a couple of vehicles. After driving and reviewing a couple of other vehicle options, none could compare with the quality and value for the price of the 2008 LS460. It drives smoother, better and faster than the LS430. The interior is quieter than any car I have ever been in.

Love My 2008 LS460
By yawsboy on 12/28/07 17:09 PM (PST)

2008 Lexus LS 460 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

I leased a new 2008 Lexus LS460 in mid- December. I thoroughly enjoy driving this car. I owned a 2001 LS430 prior to the LS460, and I could not imagine a better made, more luxurious car in the price range. However, I believe that the LS460 handles better and has a sleeker design than the LS430. I especially love all the new amenities, such as the backup camera and 8-speed transmission sport settings.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.