Used 2008 Lexus LS 460 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific LS 460 model:

Ultimate Comfort
By APAXCGI

2008 Lexus LS 460 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

I just bought my 2008 LS and am extremely impressed. The two things that absolutely stand out are the following: interior styling and fit and finish, and the smoothness/quietness of the ride at any speed. Clearly Lexus is well known for both of these attributes but on a daily basis they continue to impress. I shopped the 7, S550, A8 and all of them are very fine cars but none of them though outdo the LS is the aforementioned categories. AND - the LS is 20k less than all three of those models. Bottom line : An extremely fine vehicle in every sense that tries not to scream "I am rich".

Favorite Features

Interior, smooth acceleration, Mark Levinson audio, navigation, styling.

Suggested Improvements

I added the "touring" wheels to my short wheelbase at extra cost. They should make this an option instead of an accessory.

3 month review
By TONY

2008 Lexus LS 460 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

Purchased in Sept. My first Lexus and am still excited to drive it everyday. Very quiet and comfortable and it has plenty of gadgets. The sound system is unbelievably good. I am currently getting around 27 mpg, mostly highway. I haven't had any problems or have had it serviced yet and so a good service visit will put it over the top.

Favorite Features

Mark Levinson sound is number one followed by all the other gadgets.

Suggested Improvements

When you switch modes (ex: map to audio) it always reverts to prior mode, I would like it to remain in the mode that you are working in.

My Lexus LS 460L
By Michael O'Brien

2008 Lexus LS 460 Sedan L 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

This is my 6th Lexus and like all the others it is performing well and is totally reliable. Although a big car the fuel economy is very good. On my regular highway journeys I get 28-29 mpg. Average mixed around town and highway this only drops to about 24mpg. The park assist steering is too complicated to set up and responds too slowly for it to be useful, but it is a fun feature. This is truly a luxury car which is quiet and a pleasure to ride in. The extra rear legroom is always appreciated when I carry passengers.

Favorite Features

Everything is well thought out for driver comfort, but especially the rear view camera, parking hold, navigation system, vented seats and Lexus Link. The sunroof wind deflector protrudes just a little too far and causes wind roar. If it is lowered one eight inch, with your finger, it is much quieter.

Suggested Improvements

Adaptive cruise control would be nice - my wife's Avalon has this so why not the Lexus. The electric trunk opener is handy but why can not it be closed electrically from inside the car? The Lexus Link button is too close to the button for opening the roof. 4 times I've called Lexus Link in error.

Excellent car
By Derek

2008 Lexus LS 460 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

Extremely comfortable, quiet and smooth car, yet surprisingly powerful and fuel efficient, a great car for commute and family trips, can't find anything wrong with the car. Lexus service has been excellent, no complains at all! This is my first Lexus and I'm very happy with it so far. ML audio is superb, got to get it if you want good music while driving!

Favorite Features

Quiet cabin, smooth ride, powerful engine, convenient features that work very well like Bluetooth, ML, nav, etc.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of any at the moment.

Outstanding Value
By GK

2008 Lexus LS 460 Sedan 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

No highway wind noise. It is so quiet and smooth I have found myself at triple digits more than once. Just under a 1000 miles so far and no problems. This is our third Lexus and neither of the other two required any maintenance.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, parking sensors, Mark Levinson sound system, cooled seats

Suggested Improvements

Offer a handling package or driver adjustable settings, blind spot monitoring system