2001 Land Rover Range Rover 4.6L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Luxury, I think NOT!

2001 Land Rover Range Rover - Consumer Review

2001 Land Rover Range Rover 4.6 HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

4.6 HSE 4dr SUV (4.6L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

Luxury, I think NOT!
By Michael on

2001 Land Rover Range Rover 4.6 HSE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

So after owning two Acuras, I stepped down apparently into a Range Rover. Problems: Handle broke off when opening hood, plastic. Door handles breaking off, car's suspension deflates in the cold, takes 15 minutes to get it up. A/C didn't work well in summer, screen went out. DVD player doesn't work now, CD player doesn't work, back lights went out and bulbs don't fix it. Back lid won't stay up, pieces break off of this car constantly. Hood thinks it's open when it's not, key fab broke, and door locks don't work right. Sometimes car won't start and give reason why. I've spent about 3,000 on this car in less than 8 months (about 1/3 what I paid for the car in first place. FUN TIMES!

Favorite Features

12 m/p/g on Supreme, yippee

Suggested Improvements

Have designers hired from Toyota and Honda start building this piece of crap luxury vehicle. Recall all the things that SO MANY people complain about, rather than take us for $140/hr at the dealership on repairs required to be done by YOUR mechanics with their special computer!