My First New Land Rover In 30 Years
By Kendall on
2005 Land Rover LR3 SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.4L 8cyl 6A)
I have owned at least 1 Land-Rover since 1974 when I bought a new Series III 88. I vowed never to buy another new L-R as a used LR,RR or Rover sedan was,for me,a better value. The high-tech LR3 changed that. This is the best one yet! At this time, it is even more high-tech than the new RR. The interior retains features from the Range Rover Classic that were so popular in the P5 and P6. The heated windscreen was first seen in the '67 6- cyl L-R 109. Computer integration of engine,drivetrain,suspension, etc. is amazing! EAS bags are now protected from the elements. Navigation system is fantastic compared to 98 RR. WELL WORTH THE NEW STICKER PRICE! Best value of all new RR & LR models!!!
Favorite Features
PERFORMANCE--Engine has great power & mates perfectly with 6 speed transmission both on and off road. SAFETY--The 2005 LR3 is to SUV safety what the 1964 Rover P6 was to automotive safety forty years ago. RIDE--Not as "cushy" as a Range Rover, but the best Land Rover ride yet. Navigation System!
Suggested Improvements
Side profile of third compartment and two level roof line need to look more "retro." This Discovery's side profile still looks better today than the 2005 LR3. For this one reason alone, I ordered my LR3 in BLACK as the side glass in the third compartment is less obvious. A roof rack will also help