Used 2005 Land Rover LR3 SE SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific LR3 model:

Great Truck
By Coloradan

2005 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

I love my LR3. My friends love my LR3. I get complimented often on my rig. This is my second Land Rover (Disco II), and I had great experiences with both. Don't buy into the reliability hyperbole. Land Rover makes a superior product.

The design and the lines. The air suspension is great, and the cargo area is beyond spacious. The tailgate is beautiful as well as very functional.

Warning Will Robinson! Danger!
By Fed Up To Here!

2005 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

As you can see by our rating we love everything except the reliabity. This car has been in the shop more than it's been in our driveway! The LR3 was way over engineered. Keep the design and the luxury and get rid of the gizmos! Six computers? Come on guys! This car is so complex, the dealer couldn't figure it out! For example, the door locks lock and un lock at will. The stereo display will read total system shutdown, with the car running or not! All the dash lights will go out and the alarm will come on! On one accasion every warning light came on and the car quit and refused to start. Give me the car with a low range and a locking rear differantial and I would be happy.

The style, luxury and handling.

Gas mileage for a start. Resale value would be nice, $30,000 depreciation in three and a half years, come on! Finally, if you need a computer under the dash, let Microsoft or Apple put it together cause your Techs can't figure it out!

2005 Land Rover LR3 SE V8
By MotorStreet

2005 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

The LR3 is hugely impressive. It tows our 4000 lbs boat with ease. The LR3 has a huge cargo area and seats that fold flat quickly and easily. You can fit a six foot tall adult easily and comfortably in every seat. It's easy to see out of and park the LR3 because of its relatively small proportions and huge windows. Another impressive part of the LR3 is its extensive warranty and the dealer's service programs. The air suspension is a nice feature, because it means that the car can be low for access or higher for snow, towing, or off roading. This SUV feels solid, but suprisingly nimble on the road and in snow or ice sticks to the road like no other vehicle.

Towing capability, space, safety, comfort, and dealer service. Feels solid and unstoppable in bad weather.

The gas mileage is very bad, 13 mpg in our expirience and the air supension, which has required a replacement compressor three times, once in a recall and twice for unknown reasons, but it gets fixed under warranty.

I'm in love all over again.
By C.L.B.

2005 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Yep, just when I had given up on SUV's, along came LR3. I traded in my Mitsu Montero Ltd.(the full size one), for a Toyota Solara in '07. I wanted something sporty, fun to drive & good on gas. I got all of the above & had given up on owning SUVs. Then one day I decided to drive into a Jag dealership to take a look at the new Jag, when I saw a silver LR3. It was love at first sight. I absolutely love it. It has plenty of room for 7, handles & ride is A+, so many features, off-road A+, city & highway A+, luxury A+, my friends love it, complements all the time(could be because of the 22" chrome rims), gas mileage, well, it's a SUV, but it's worth it. Heck, I have my Toyota when I need to save money.

So many things I could list. I love the exterior & silver looks great. The leather interior is top notch. Navigation display is nice, heated seats for 2nd row is nice, air suspension is great, sound system, tailgate is function with art, 3rd row seat has lots of room and every row has sunroof, nice.

The only thing I would improve is the gas mileage. Overall not bad considering the size and weight. Only problem was a water leak from sunroof. Dealer fixed no charge. I would suggest getting an extended warranty to ease your worries.

Oustanding vehicle
By Soonerjjs

2005 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

Best Ford I have ever had. No problems. Nothing has gone wrong. I live at 7500 ft, so the vehicle is challenged every day. Deep snow, rough terrain, off-road challenges. It can do it all. And have a better ride than anything I have been in this side of a Mercedes. Great, great car.

Ride characteristics are great, especially when I drive rough, rough roads every day. Great car, great 4x4. Can do anything with class

My vehicle has limited adjustments on the seats, which they have since corrected.