Used 2004 Kia Amanti Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Kia Amanti - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic - (167 reviews )

AIR BAG PROBLEM!
By Maria

2004 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my car but have had several problems with the "AIR BAG" light coming on. It has been in the shop 4 times for this with the last time last week. They said it was due to my low battery but that yet it isn't even a year old. Well, the airbag light came on again yesterday. Very frustrating! Not too happy with service here in El Paso but cannot do much since they are the only KIA dealer. Don't want to trade it in since it is paid off and I really love my car. Has anyone else had problems with the AIRBAG light?

Love everything about my except that it is black and hard to keep clean. Handles great and turns a lot of heads!

Gas mileage could be better. KIA service needs improvement.

My Lady Pearl
By sonya

2004 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Luv this car, I traded my 1999 Bruick Regal for her. She has give me only one problem, the tires. She rides comfortable around the city, I am about to make 2 road trips this summer. It is the only car I have owned that I have not yet have to put in the shop for any mechanical problems.

Quality, the ride, the spacious interior(have 2 teenager and they don't fight no more because they don't have to be by each other. But my favorite is the stylish way she looks.

The mpg. I am hoping that I don't have to put a lot of money in for gas on the road trips. 18mpg is low for a 1500 mile trip (3000) Will see how she does, if she does good, have in mind to get a newer model.

It's the Bomb!
By Noodles

2004 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned this car for almost 4 years. In town and on the road it's been nothing but comfortable, reliable, smart-looking and eye-catching. I've had lots of compliments. I've done regular maintenance and NEVER had a problem. For a 63 year old.....it's the bomb. Some have thought I was driving a Lincoln. Go ahead and think I paid 40,000,,,,,I didn't even pay half that! Before I drove only Honda Accords.

Comfort Reliability Looks

I need a GPS, heated seats, heated outside mirrors, automatic trunk closure and a tall, dark, handsome man beside me! Maybe in the future?

Love it, some minor annoyances
By peter j martin

2004 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought it 2nd hand with 125k on it, engine light stays on, presently at dealership to have it checked. Initially mirrors did not function properly but dealership replaced the console in arm rest, ok now. Love the car, gas mileage could be better however it is a heavy car with a big v6 engine. Could have come with a compass & gps system, have added both myself, with this said it comes with everything else you could possibly need.

Ride, interior, exterior, colour, looks, comfort, responsive accleration, manual transmission as well as auto, trunk size, tilting mirrors when in reverse, auto wipers, much much more.

Gas mileage, compass, gps, cup holders too close, clunking noise passenger rear when going over speed bumps, sounds like its an accelerator control arm problem but the part #'s for this part are different in Canada & they are having trouble going through the extended warranty company without it?

Amanti Lover
By OBie

2004 Kia Amanti 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned this vehicle for four years and cannot say enough good things about the Amanti. The way it looks, the way it drives, the comfort of the interior are all comparable to a luxury sedan at a more affordable price.

Leather Seats - Comfort of Interior