2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Review: Great Looking Car, Needs Help

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Review

Overland 4dr SUV (3.6L V6 FFV 8-speed Automatic)

Great Looking Car, Needs Help
By jcoots on

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Leased a 2014 JGC Overland. Had it for a year & just traded it for an Acura. All in all, not a bad car. Comfortable, nice features (when they worked), sharp looking. Definitely opt for V8 or V6 (I didn't - mistake). Jeep has got to focus on overall reliability across the board. In particular is the technology. So unreliable. Would turn on car & no volume, navigation has no idea where I am. Half the time couldn't change stations or adjust volume. UConnect is a waste. You get Yelp & Pandora for a fee (free on my teenagers Honda Accord). Navi input crazy slow. The wifi option is expensive & completely worthless. Transmission stinks. Step on accelerator & stand still for a few seconds.

Favorite Features

Sharp looking car. Comfy. Decent ride.

Suggested Improvements

Overall reliability. Had 3-4 recalls on car in less than 1 year. Scrap transmission & start over. Redo technology so it works all the time & isn't slow as molasses.
By shanester322
on 07/31/14 13:26 PM (PDT)

I couldn't agree more with JCOOTS. My 14' Overland is less than one year old and has been at the dealer multiple times for a variety of issues, including the ridiculous throttle response and horrible shifting. I will be bringing it in for the third recall (fourth visit). In addition I have again asked for the drive by wire throttle software to be fixed so acceleration actually corresponds to throttle position. The transmission shifts so lethargic that you actually feel deceleration between shifts. My Jeep was at the dealer for two full weeks to get the high beam head lamps to work. Now my voice command for the cell phone does not recognize any name is say. It worked before the multiple software updates not it doesn't. 6,700 miles is all I have because I hate driving this thing... Should have bought a Q7, would have been worth the extra money.